New interview rick ellis

cool man good read and find. pity about the water tho.

So much for a Surfer HL2 Mod haah

Water would be a **tch to code as surf-like waves. You could always do an animated displacment map.

Well that water is a flat object and you can't make 3d waves is old news. But can you change it's colour, how clear the water is and the bump map for the waves? Is there some kind of algorithm that creates the bump mapped waves or is it an animated static bump map?

I guess you need to rely on FarCry, and their waves.. real nice ones too :):cheers:

and Fry Cry's lip synching and mods and its almost complete physical world.

oh wait....

halflife had bumpy water...

i personally dont really care though, refractive and reflective water is good enough for me.

Hey phantomdesign, are a programmer? If so, why not just try it? :-D If you can do it, more power to you! If you can't, no one can say you didn't try at least...

Well, once I get my hands on the SDK, and get the basics and gameplay of my MOD functioning smoothly, I'm sure I'll start to proceed into crazier aspects of MODing even if it has little to do with my project.

I just added it to my list of crazy things to attempt LATER, and scribbled down some ideas I have for implementing that.

good interview, interesting reading! i was a bit disapointed to know that the maps aren't always that huge and use 3d skybox instead.. oh well, since it looks good i guess there's no problem to it

Wooo, a good camera! I was kind of worried about that, but it sounds like it's going to be excellent.

That interview was quite nice. Man, camera handling will be fun! I'll try to make an Alien-inspired map where you start with monitoring cameras that are stationed on rail-going-loader-thingies (excuse my uber n00bish english) and one by one getting smashed by some freaky alien dudes!

*DrooOoool*

Back