New Item on HUD in CS:Source?

mayro

Reaction score
Ok, its useing the Halflife2 style of HUD but in the new video their seems to be new symbols in the bottem right corner near the ammo use/have display to be the 4 hostages on the map? It looks like 4 little people.

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero has the same thing. It just tells how many hostages are alive and not rescued.

since i hadent played CS for a whyll i was hopeing it wasent part of cs 1.6 or CZ lol. But i just looked closer it is almost definatly the 4 hostages...

Ahh, i didnt buy CZ. I didnt know it was in it. Ill keep looking for more usefull things in the video. Sorry :(

Hm.. I wonder how "mentally handicapped" the hostage AI is now o.0

Just as long as they don't levitate in to ceilings I'll be happy.

you should get condition zero, it is pretty fun actually and got me back into counter strike

-merc

i like the bot idea - but the bots "atleast last time i heard" cant even go up ladders... Bot mans bots are better lol.

and 30-40 dollers? hrm

That hostage icon, as well as a similar icon for the C4, is in both Vanilla CS and CZ. That's been there for a good 3+ months

I was thinking it was your teammates left alive but hosties makes more sense, especially since its in CZ

Again, the hostage icon is NOT CZ exclusive. It's in CS as well

ah, I haven't played any cs_ maps on counter-strike. Didn't know it was on CS too.

EC said:
ah, I haven't played any cs_ maps on counter-strike. Didn't know it was on CS too.

There's a similar icon for if the C4 is planted on de_ maps, both in CZ and CS :)

Screw the Hostages, I kill 'em on site!

Screw the Hostages, I kill 'em on site!

Same thing i do, i kill em, thier not worth having around. also on a side note how does some german magazine(one i've never heard of) get a cs:source exclusive video?

Has any american mag recived any information like they have been giveing to these forign mags? Why does valve not feal americans would like to know these things?

Impulse147 said:
Same thing i do, i kill em, thier not worth having around. also on a side note how does some german magazine(one i've never heard of) get a cs:source exclusive video?

They probably just asked..

mayro said:
Has any american mag recived any information like they have been giveing to these forign mags? Why does valve not feal americans would like to know these things?

That's not the case at all, They have many markets, not just America as some would like to believe... Valve serves all, not one group.

I realize that they have many HL fans in many countrys, but america is thiere mainstream audience, but i won't fret over it ,much cause were bound to get an american version soon enough(and hopefully more binks).

Are you sure it's in CS 1.6? I remember that update, when there were icons for the hostages on rescue maps, and on demolition maps (when the bomb was planted) a bomb icon appeared which flashed. This feature was rolled back in the update immediately after that though (which was a few days after the initial addition), and I've never seen it since.

Man i've watched the video 6 times and i still can't tear my eyes away from ther action to look at the HUD.

Scapegoat said:
Are you sure it's in CS 1.6? I remember that update, when there were icons for the hostages on rescue maps, and on demolition maps (when the bomb was planted) a bomb icon appeared which flashed. This feature was rolled back in the update immediately after that though (which was a few days after the initial addition), and I've never seen it since.

Must've been testing it for CZ, it's not in 1.6, I just played it, no symbols.

Scapegoat said:

Ah, is it? Sad then, I guess the last time I really played 1.6 was when they put that in..

Impulse147 said:
I realize that they have many HL fans in many countrys, but america is thiere mainstream audience, but i won't fret over it ,much cause were bound to get an american version soon enough(and hopefully more binks).

Just remember that there's about 40 million of you and about 5 billion of us so which one do you think is the maintsream audience? ;)

But, as you said, no worries. I don't personally care who gets the exclusive thingamajigs as long as everyone gets a chance to see them. The only thing that makes me mad sometimes is that in here we have to wait from 1 to 6 months for movies, games and such to reach my beloved home country. Not always but still too often.

(FYI: Since I don't remember if I've put it on my profile or not, I live in Finland.)

Para said:
But, as you said, no worries. I don't personally care who gets the exclusive thingamajigs as long as everyone gets a chance to see them. The only thing that makes me mad sometimes is that in here we have to wait from 1 to 6 months for movies, games and such to reach my beloved home country. Not always but still too often.

Juu, on se kusista asua Suomessa. That suck, but happily with games it tooks only like 2 months, but those movies...that takes long.
(I live in Finland to :stare: )

The hostage AI in CS-S will hopefully be ported and improved upon from CS:CZ. They improved the hostage AI a great deal. They can crouch, climb ladders and jump. Also their heads tend not to go through the ceiling.

And Dont Forget Escaping By There selfs. or saving from a distance. or giving hints about where the t's are

I'd have thought a HUD display showing how many team-mates left alive would have been more useful - I play best when i'm the last man alive, but usually I don't realise I am till i've been killed and its round over. Pressing tab every 10 secs just to see what the game status is takes up valulable killing time. A lil team-mates alive' counter in the HUD would be nice.

Well you do. Your team is shown on the radar. When one of them dies they're not shown anymore.

I remember the Hostage icons in 1.6. I personally didn't get them for some reason but my mate did. I guess it had something to do with my steam skin, not sure.

How can you be so stupid? it's obvious that those four things say how many lives you got. Hostages? lol!

Impulse147 said:

If u didnt know, PC Games had the first CZ trailer (from what I remember).
Edit: they had the CZ-Gearbox trailer.

The radar is never big enough on some large maps players can be completely off the radar :/

mayro said:
Ok, its useing the Halflife2 style of HUD but in the new video their seems to be new symbols in the bottem right corner near the ammo use/have display to be the 4 hostages on the map? It looks like 4 little people.

Probably just a notification that you have control of the 4 hostages, so you know that all of them are following you.

I'm in the wc3x mod right now, kinda adds a new dimension to the bland gameplay of vanilla cs.

Back