New Max Payne 2 media

Axyon

Reaction score
Prepare to drop your jaw!

Click here for two new movies- An office fight with 'Kaufman' and a one-on-one Hospital shootout. The physics are absolutely fantastic, I literally watched them repeatedly for about 10 minutes. Brilliant.

Next up, we have some Gamespot videos- numbers 6 and 7. It forced me to Stream them, so the quality is shite. Feh. Entertaining though.

Both IGN and Gamespot have 3 new screenshots each, what I was particularly interested was the one with Mona weilding dual-Desert Eagles, which is a very nice prospect... people won't need to mod it in this time.

Finally, we have a second collection of hi-res movies over at Gamershell, I'm in the process of downloading them at the moment, so I don't know what they're like.

Anyway, end news report. Abom out :p

UPDATE: Okay, so the Gamershell collection pack contains the Hospital video and both the Gamespot videos (but in higher resolution). So it's advisable to get this, then download the other IGN video (office fight).

Added: Quite a good preview over at Gamespy, has a few new screenshots as well. Don't forget to read the IGN and Gamespot previews too, although they come with pretty much the same information.

Holy cow! In video 6 with the NPC's, for a moment Max opens his weapons inventory. He has 15+ weapons there!
whoa...

That hospital one is ****in awesome.
How the guy hits all the stuff behind him and then that case falls on that thing and sends that bottle up in the air.

oh man just 2 more weeks.

Originally posted by Stiler
That hospital one is ****in awesome.
How the guy hits all the stuff behind him and then that case falls on that thing and sends that bottle up in the air.

oh man just 2 more weeks.

A month if you're in europe :hmph:

Max Payne 2 Installation Size and CD Count Revealed...

As GeorgeB already pointed out, Max Payne 2 will ship on two cd's.

Except...

Localized versions, such as "French, Italian and Spanish" will ship on three cd's. Owners of a localized version can decide at installation time weather to install a localized or an english version of the game.

The installation footprint will be around 1.7GB. We do not support a "minimal" install this time - it's all or nothing. That's due to so many hardware related problems due to streaming (mission critical) data right off the cd on Max Payne 1.

I hope this makes our fans in France/Italy/Spain happy... For Germany, we're still working with the authorities on the game content...

SamiV.

Source: 3DRealms forums

Abom|nation, you can just buy it from a US store and import it.

I import a ton of games from Europe if they're out there first.

Wow this game is gonna kickass! Lets hope it doesnt get delayed a week before its supposed to come out(heheh).

Abom|nation, you can just buy it from a US store and import it.

I import a ton of games from Europe if they're out there first.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. Any recommended US sites?

Originally posted by mchammer75040
Wow this game is gonna kickass! Lets hope it doesnt get delayed a week before its supposed to come out(heheh).

I dont think so, Tim

*Sigh* i've only been able to see one max payne 2 movie, the rest play really shit on my p00ter. Same with the latest revolutions trailer ;( Any tips?

Originally posted by Javert
Holy cow! In video 6 with the NPC's, for a moment Max opens his weapons inventory. He has 15+ weapons there!
whoa...

it got 14 different weapons...keep in mind that it shows some of the weapons as dual and as single.

also I don't think this is nesecarily a good thing...actually I think I'd prefer if the game featured a more realistic inventory system...so that you would have to think about which weapons to carry along.

looks good though...and if it comes outbefore HL2 I'll buy it....HL2 should never have been delayed....it takes the edge of it.

also lol notice that one of the bad guys in that scene shoots one of his mates in the back of the head by accident...great AI, it's so human it even does friendly fire :D

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
also lol notice that one of the bad guys in that scene shoots one of his mates in the back of the head by accident...great AI, it's so human it even does friendly fire :D

Lol. I like the part in some lobby where he runs in and throws 3 grenades, slows down time and u can see the guy flying through the air slow mo. Damn that was badass.

lol, don't you just love the part in the hospital right at the end when the cabinit falls on the plank causing the bottle to fly up, woot.

Originally posted by mchammer75040
Lol. I like the part in some lobby where he runs in and throws 3 grenades, slows down time and u can see the guy flying through the air slow mo. Damn that was badass.

Yeah, the Havok 2 physics even made an existing dead body fly off the ground and through the air. Fantastic :D

www.chipsnbits.com ships over seas.
I've used them a few times.

Hmm, thanks. £45 including shipping and everything though. I think it'd be worth saving £20 just to wait another 10-15 days :/

I just hope some noobs won't start making "Max Payne 2 vs. Half-Life 2" threads. :x

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
I just hope some noobs won't start making "Max Payne 2 vs. Half-Life 2" threads. :x
It's inevitable.

It's impossible to talk about another game without someone comparing it to HL2.

Damn... I might need to get a job with all these good games on the horizon.

Ha i got a job and plenty of cash money for the games. Mna i cant wait some of these will probably be paper weights for awhile since im gonna be mapping and stuff for most of them so these next few games should hold me over for what a year?:bounce:

Back