New media in PC Zone

the screenies can be found @ ******* , some kinda russian site.. They're on the frontpage, I can't find any other screenies because of my uber bad russian sk1llz0rs..

Btw, Geforce 4 MX/Ti are directx 8.1 cards guys, not dx7 :S.

Originally posted by iamaelephant
I played on a DX8 card and had water and eyes. Not sure abour ropes.

Hmmm .... what card do you have? In the beta water doesn't appear on directx8 cards.

Originally posted by the_prodigy
Btw, Geforce 4 MX/Ti are directx 8.1 cards guys, not dx7 :S.

Hmmm .... what card do you have? In the beta water doesn't appear on directx8 cards.

i dont think so. I have a Gforce 4 mx 440 and when I start up Deus Ex its says I need at DX8.1 or higher compatible card to play. So Im waiting untill christmas to play it with my radeon 9600.

Originally posted by mrchimp
MX's are dx7 god damit, thats why there so shit.

They really are shit, Im getting a Radeon 9600 XT for Chrismas

Originally posted by the_prodigy

Eh no sorry you're right I do have a DX9 card... I dont know jack about hardware and I play on my bro's computer.

I haven't played the beta (or leak as I prefer to call it) but if the water really doesn't appear with pixel shaders on a dx8 card the leak is very very old. Because HL2 was first shown to the press back in february/march on a Geforce 4 Ti.

i have a radeon 8500. i see water in the leaked version, but the water flickers all the time. looks very bad.

any more posts about what you see in the stolen files and this thread is closed

Originally posted by PvtRyan
I haven't played the beta (or leak as I prefer to call it) but if the water really doesn't appear with pixel shaders on a dx8 card the leak is very very old. Because HL2 was first shown to the press back in february/march on a Geforce 4 Ti.

I thought it was the highres movies that were on a GeForce 4?

Wait, in real life people don't have eyes, and water is invisable. Then again I am running real life on DX 7, crappy graphics but the frame rate is beautiful. You can really tell the difference when you're driving really fast. I'm getting around 70-100 FPS depending on weather effects.

It looks like valve has been tinkering with the shadows a little, in the older videos they were much more generic, like all black, in this they sort of fade at the edges like real shadows.

So when do we get this game?!

Back