New media was a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy

Reaction score
So its clear its not coming out today. That means that gabe is a liar or it was a joke/scam.

It will be out Monday, I e-mailed gabe...
No, no it will be out tuesday says gabe...
Okay, for real this time, it will be out monday...gabe said so...

Its bullshit. There is no new media coming out and this was just a big joke/scam by a few people. Who are these people that said they got e-mails from gabe? I say we ban their A$$'.

Yes I am absolutely sure that you are 100% correct.

Or not.

Gabe said it'd be out Monday.
Someone else, who to be fair wouldn't know as much about it as Gabe, said it'd be out WITHIN a week (that was said on a Thursday).

So shut up you negative person*

SHutup stupid topic, its released today...

Topic closed-

Wow, there's still like 11 hours for it to be released. Better call it a day now and give up, eh?

you are all losers

It's ****ing summer, why not go out and enjoy the day, instead of bitching about when people are releasing media for a game that is probably at least 3 months away.

You're going to buy the game whether or not they release media, so what difference does it make.

wow how did u know... everyone is staring at there computers for nothing... everywhere on the internet involving Valve knows bout this and we are all waiting.... i guess monday is over for us

Originally posted by Jager
Yup, it's only 1:09pm for Gabe, so Monday hasn't ended yet :)

I have 2 hours left of monday :D
cmon gabe... u ccan do it ;)

I think if it doesnt come out in 3-4 hours its not gonna happen today.

Wake up you guys. There is no evidence that Gabe has actually e-mailed these people that claim he did. They keep changing the dates, and it seems like its the same 2 people that are providing the dates, saying that they e-mailed gabe.

It was fishy that it didn't come out last Monday.

It might have been believable that it was coming out Tuesday of last week.

No new media a week later like promised, its clear it was a joke/scam.

I think the original post that said new media was coming out was by some kid that was known for posting miss-information and playing jokes.

I would love to be wrong though, but wat ever, you guys are being c0cks so fuk it.

Just me or do the more than "two" people who have confirmed this have more credibility?

Check Planethalflife site, they have also said there is new media coming today...

Originally posted by anarchy
Wake up you guys. There is no evidence that Gabe has actually e-mailed these people that claim he did. They keep changing the dates, and it seems like its the same 2 people that are providing the dates, saying that they e-mailed gabe.

It was fishy that it didn't come out last Monday.

It might have been believable that it was coming out Tuesday of last week.

No new media a week later like promised, its clear it was a joke/scam.

I think the original post that said new media was coming out was by some kid that was known for posting miss-information and playing jokes.

I would love to be wrong though, but wat ever, you guys are being c0cks so fuk it.

Do these have enough credability for you? http://www.planethalflife.com/

TOO... MANY.. POST.........CANT...KEEP...UP....

If it doesnt come out today you guys owe me an apology for being c0cks.

I would bet a 9800Pro it wont come out today.

Oh and i bet planethalflife got the info off this or the official forum, they dont list their source for the news...so no its not credible.

We'd owe you an apology for your acting like a jerk?

Who needs to apologise to you. If you dont think itll come out today, why do you care that other people think otherwise. It doesnt really matter.

It would have been easier for you to not post.

Im stating the FACTS, how is that being a jerk? You guys are posting A$$hole pictures and comments not me.

And if it does.. you owe us an apology for starting a stupid thread like this in the first place. HL2 media will or will not come out today. no point in letting people know what they already know.

You pretty much called other forum-members outright liers in your first post in this thread. That's being a jerk.

Agreed ender.

halfway_inn.jpg

Was that keeping it mature?

And the point of this post was to find out who started this new media thing and ban them from further miss-information, not to be a dick or be negative

I wasnt trying to be mature.. I don't need to be.. there is no point to this thread.. might as well add something too it.. its called humor..

So its humor when i call you a big dick??

You might not find it so funny.

How on God's green earth did you come to the conclusion that you're stating facts? What you're saying might be true but it's stemmed from your arrogant and paranoid nature that's made you come to this conclusion. Where as what we've come to is a conclusion based around other people's statements that are officials at Valve Software. You could very well be right that they were fake, or maybe the media is postponed, but either way, your statement's are based on complete rumour and personal opinion.

So its humor when i call you a big dick??

You might not find it so funny.

http://elev***.orebro.se/ru1182/rn/dick.jpg

(made this one myself a couple of years ago :p )

Damn ... people are getting angry over this thing ... let's just step back and take a breather guys :)

I never called you a big dick dumbass.. I just posted a funny picture.. read it.. try to laugh.. come back here and say you read your first joke.

OMG Anarchy, just go to bed, your not doing anyone here a favor.

How on God's green earth did you come to the conclusion that you're stating facts? What you're saying might be true but it's stemmed from your arrogant and paranoid nature that's made you come to this conclusion. Where as what we've come to is a conclusion based around other people's statements that are officials at Valve Software. You could very well be right that they were fake, or maybe the media is postponed, but either way, your statement's are based on complete rumour and personal opinion.

It is a FACT that there is no new media today.

It is a FACT that no credible source has said there will be any new media released.

It is a FACT that people have posted 2 dates for new media, but it never happened.

Thoes are facts and not my personal opinion or rumours.

Its the topic in the #Steam channel aswell.

[21:29] *** Now talking in #Steam
[21:29] *** Topic is 'Welcome to Steam IRC Support || http://steampowered.com/forums/ || Search the forums for problems, many fixxes can be found there! || State your problem, and someone will try to help you. || Half-life 2 media today!!'
[21:29] *** Set by ChanServ on Mon Jul 07 20:14:00

They are not releasing the movie just to be nice. They are using it as a test of the Stream infrastructure. They want to see if the program can handle sending out a several hundred MB file at a steady rate at peak hours.

This is essentially the ultimate stress test. Just leave Steam running and you will get the movie eventually. You have all seen it already, so there is really no reason to wait for it.

It is a FACT that there is no new media today.

It is a FACT that no credible source has said there will be any new media released.

It is a FACT that people have posted 2 dates for new media, but it never happened.

Thoes are facts and not my personal opinion or rumours.

here is a credible source http://hl2hc.halflife.org/

NEW HL2 Videos!
posted by XCON
07-05-2003 21:23
Hi, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say hello to everyone in the community and to the team of this site and to say that I'll do my best to help out as much as I can.

I e-mailed Gabe Newell, asking him about the non-shaky cam versions of the E3 demo videos here are the e-mails we exchanged:

Hi Gabe sorry to bother you at this time as you and your team are working hard on HL2 but im just wondering is it true that non-shaky cam versions of the demo videos from E3 will be coming out on Steam and if so when and how?

His reply:

Monday they will show up in the games list

So be ready as new videos are coming your way!

NOW STFU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back