New Medic Weapon Details

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Shacknews have managed to get all the latest information from Valve regarding the new Medic weapons due to arrive in Team Fortress 2 any time now. The weapons are known as The Blutsaugher, The Critzcrieg and The Ubersaw.

[br]

The Blutsaugher is unlocked after getting 12 of the new Medic achievements and will give you the chance to retreat from battle while staying alive. This weapon cannot get critical hits, but it will suck health from an enemy!

[br]

The Critzcrieg is earned after reaching two thirds of the new achievements. This new medigun uses its ubercharge to give its target 100% chance to shoot a critical hit!

[br]

Finally The Ubersaw which is unlocked after getting all 36 of the new achievements. The Ubersaw will take damage done in melee attacks and convert it into an ubercharge. Four hits from this will fully charge whatever medigun the medic has!

[br]

Shacknews also reveal that they will have hands-on impressions of the new content and an interview with Robin Walker soon!

Sounds like they'll be a bit overpowered.

And I predict that we'll be seeing lots more medics on servers now.

so we've got a health leecher, an auto crit replacing invinsibility, and a means to charge up uber through melee.

Odd, weren't they mentioning some time ago about a overcharger? to get teammates up to 2x their health but with no uber?

I guess they axed that idea in favor of these. Probably just as well.

Sounds good, tho we'll have to wait and see how these new weapons affect the game.

Sounds ludicrously overpowered considering I can just rinse-repeat 4xbeatdown with bonesaw and uber myself and another player.
The Ubersaw
For the determined medic that has earned all 36 of the new achievements, they will find themselves the proud owner of "The Ubersaw," which will take damage done in melee attacks and convert it directly to ubercharge. Four hits with this new weapon will fully charge whatever medigun the medic has equpped.
What happens if 2 Ubersaw-Blutsaugher Medics just uber eachother while the other person gets their 4-hits-to-uber? How the hell do you counter that?

*jumps onto the wagon* sounds a bit OP TBH. I liked how medics were first and foremost healers, with damage dealing and OP buffs for himself or other teammates was not his specialty at all. I've played plenty of games where everyone plays a medic for speed or buffs and self healing but thanks to decent damage output don't actually team play.

When are pyro flamers getting a better spread?.

I'm hyped. D:

Sounds ludicrously overpowered considering I can just rinse-repeat 4xbeatdown with bonesaw and uber myself and another player.

What happens if 2 Ubersaw-Blutsaugher Medics just uber eachother while the other person gets their 4-hits-to-uber? How the hell do you counter that?

Keep in mind that some of the new achievements are ridiculously epic, to get the Ubersaw people are going to have to work insanely hard for it.

Also, I have absolutely no problem with more medics, TF2 needs more medics generally speaking.

As Ennui said its not going to be easy to unlock all of these new weapons, especially the bonesaw.

Isnt one of the achievements to heal a total of 100 million points? Or something like that. Thats gonna take most people a long time to get.

I would be worried about game balance, if it was anyone but Valve.

And yeah, I expect the new achievements to be quite a bit harder to get than the current ones.

As Ennui said its not going to be easy to unlock all of these new weapons, especially the bonesaw.

Isnt one of the achievements to heal a total of 100 million points? Or something like that. Thats gonna take most people a long time to get.

Yeah, something ridiculous like that.

The only one that sounds really overpowered is the saw, but that takes a hell of a lot to unlock. I thought one of the annoying things about being a medic was no way to heal yourself other than waiting for your slow regen. The Blutsaugher will help a medic stay alive once his partner is dead.

First there was the stat whores in BF2 and now there is TF2. :p Should be great fun all around.

I'll tell you guys a secret. I'm worried.

TF2 is so great as is, and I'm really worried that this'll change the game I love. I mean, I have faith in Valve, but...

If it's bad, I partially called it, if it's great, then excellent.

Great. Bonesaw is one of my most favourite weapons, can't wait for Ubersaw!

I want to see the Critzkrieg in-game. Seems like it'll really mix up the gameplay.

They should do unlockable weapons and stuff for more than just the medic.

They should do unlockable weapons and stuff for more than just the medic.
They're going to. The medic's just the first - from what we've heard, future unlockables will come out faster because they've now got the structure in place.

Back