New NiN Single "Discipline

Fliko

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Lots going on...

Some of you may have heard a new Nine Inch Nails track on your radio today. You will be able to download your own copy of the track right here later tonight for free - stop back in a few hours.

What else is going on? Hmmn. We're considering a real-time live webcast of me signing 2,500 copies of the just-arrived, super-ultra-mega-deluxe GHOSTS edition all day Thursday. These really turned out great and I can't wait to sign EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

We have some tour info coming... SOON (I know you love that word) as well as some other info about something else, too.
HERE!

You can get the crappy radio quality HERE!

Holy shit, I heard this song on the radio but I didn't know it was NIN.

Haha. Sweet.

I heard the last half of the single. Catchy.

Excellent. I have to say I love the new Trent, in terms of the difference between the huge gap between The Fragile and With Teeth, vs the constant stream of new material since WT.

Just listened. I love it :D

I'd like to download it. I don't see a link at nin.com

ou will be able to download your own copy of the track right here later tonight for free - stop back in a few hours.
I'm swear I'm not gay, but I'm considering sucking on your balls Mr. Reznor.

This song is very sexual.

I like it :naughty:

The download link is up, but theres a fat 404 atm :(

edit - stfu not anymore :D

Don't mind the new song but it's not very memorable at all, very radio consumable. Seconded on the constant new releases, 'tis great.

Still, what ever happened to that Year Zero "sequel"?

EDIT: Oh shit, the proper full version is way better.

I like this single. It's not real catchy IMO, but the beat is nice enough, the piano is pretty, and his singing is excellent. 320Kbps MP3 free download from his website. What a nice guy, and what a way to get the buzz going for what's to come.

Same day as Ghosts arrives on CD (my download didn't work originally) I get this song...YEEEHAW :D

Ghosts still hasn't arrived for me. :(

I agree that the youtube/radio version of Discipline is crap though. The MP3 version is really good.

I've had the downloadable set since the release, I'm just whining that my CD copy hasn't made it to my house yet :p

A little poppier than I'd prefer, but still outstanding synth sounds / vocals make me horny.

Go to iTunes or whatever music player you use, find the store function, look up the track info and check out the comments on it. "Go to www.nin.com May 5th."

i like the single quite a lot, although i hope its not representative of the album (not that the singles usually are)

I hope to god it's Year Zero 2. Discipline sounds pretty Year Zero/With_Teeth-ish, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be a single from it.

<3

Good track, I even heard that Zane Lowe played it last night on Radio 1, but I don't care for Radio 1.

Anyways - good stuff!

I hope to god it's Year Zero 2. Discipline sounds pretty Year Zero/With_Teeth-ish, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be a single from it.

That sounds good to me. I really loved Year Zero (well some of the songs more than others) but I'm not a big NIN guy (though I've been listening to NIN since pretty hate machine came out in the early 90's), because sometimes it's just too much noise and not enough discernible music for me. Anyway, yeah. Year Zero 2? HOT.

too bad I don't smoke anymore, cuz some of his albums will blow your ****ing mind when high.

wewtdf5.png

Very interesting...

Discipline is great, definitely has influences from WT and YZ... shall have to wait and see what other gems Turnt Urznar releases in the coming weeks.

Why does everyone on this forum seem to be NiN cocksuckers?

Because we like Nine Inch Nails.

Why are you from Sweden?

I'm a NIN cocksucker usually but I can't seem to enjoy this track. It just feels too random and generic to me. I like the part with the piano and the drum but the rest doesn't sit with me like most other NIN does.

Good to hear some actual drums again. That was something I missed in Year Zero.

I'm a NIN cocksucker usually but I can't seem to enjoy this track. It just feels too random and generic to me. I like the part with the piano and the drum but the rest doesn't sit with me like most other NIN does.

Yaeh, it was a little generic and short but it's just one track. The drums to me were sort of pop-ish. But it was a great sound - lots of punch I mean. Very pop - like, in my Opinion. I think I prefer that to the nonsense drum patterns he sometimes uses though.

Forgive me if I step on some toes here, but stuff like Venetian snares just doesn't come across as music to me. It never gets off the ground. I mean, I kept hoping it's going to start to get awesome after the incredibly drawn out intro. but the incredibly drawn out intro was the entire album.

Listen to "Americanized" by Venetian Snares. If you don't think it's awesome then I am afraid there's no hope for you.

I heard this on the radio and did not think it was NIN. I thought it was Filter or Stone Temple Pilots going into a weird electronica fad.

Yaeh, it was a little generic and short but it's just one track. The drums to me were sort of pop-ish. But it was a great sound - lots of punch I mean. Very pop - like, in my Opinion. I think I prefer that to the nonsense drum patterns he sometimes uses though.

Forgive me if I step on some toes here, but stuff like Venetian snares just doesn't come across as music to me. It never gets off the ground. I mean, I kept hoping it's going to start to get awesome after the incredibly drawn out intro. but the incredibly drawn out intro was the entire album.

I agree, I love nothing more then an acoustic drumset.

Listen to "Americanized" by Venetian Snares. If you don't think it's awesome then I am afraid there's no hope for you.

It's funny you say that. Actually, I mentioned somewhere before that it's the only one I like. It's really cool. I tried to mash it up (mix it) with a similarly themed song.. it' turned out pretty funny. I'll see if I can find it... BRB.

Hmm, I think I deleted it because it wasn't good enough. I have the sources still of course. I was just playing around with them. If I have some time I'll remix that song.

Downloading, **** yes! It's not even May 5th yet!

Echoplex sounds like he is talking about being in solitary confinement almost. Maybe Year Zero 2?

My goodness, this is made of win and chocolate biscuits. I'll check out nin.com tomorrow. :D

Back