New Prince of Persia preview and screen

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
From Eurogamer:

Eurogamer said:
The game will be coming to PC, PS3 and 360 this year and is being developed by the original Prince of Persia: Sands of Time team at Ubisoft Montreal. It features cel-shaded graphics, and scraps the Sands of Time rewind powers. The gameplay centres on healing a corrupted world in the style of Okami, Shadow of the Colossus or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

newprince.jpg

Open world setting with a focus on 1v1 combat and PoP gameplay. Sounds like it could be closer to what Assassin's Creed should have been. The art is just beautiful.

Okami? Shadow of the Colossus? Zelda? The?

Sounds good. Graphics look ****ing beautiful, curious to see some hi-res shots.

There's a big preview of this in this months edge - the screenshots look staggeringly good. Could be a winner.

Hmmm. It sounds like it might be fun. Though the time bending lack is sad. Maybe they'll give us teh majicks instead.

I do like the cel-shading. I used to hate it, but ever since games like Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest 8 and Rogue Galaxy I have really come to LOVE it. This looks terrific. I really want to get to the point where it really looks like I am playing a Miyazaki film (or some such). This and games like Afro Samurai and the 360 Naruto and the upcoming PS3 Naruto and the others I already mentioned give me loads of hope. :E

Hopefully its as good as everyone said Sands of Time was.

I absolutely loved the original 2-D side scrolling prince of persia. Talk about ahead of it's time. That game captivated me.

Gameplay picks up nearly 2 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyQ_OVyhNE

Anywho, I haven't played any of the 3D ones, but I think the cell shaded look fits absolutely perfectly. I'll check this one out if they provide a demo.

Mmm, those new screens are indeed quite lovely. Looks like it is shaping up nicely. Now, how will it play....

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks like shit?

Holy shit that's ace. Hopefully the game turns out decent!

Oh my God that looks nice. Also a little tidbit, I heard somewhere that Jake Gyllenhal might be doing the Prince's voicework.

Edit Nevermind, I was thinking about the movie. He will be playing him in the movie, not the game.

Jesus Christ, I hope they don't turn it into a movie spin-off. Jake's the man though, so whatever.

I am the only one who feels this game seens a bit unoriginal

cel shaded graphics that reminds a lot of okami,a plot that reminds of okami

even the character have a long cloth thing that sure reacts to the movement and it looks more japanese than persian

If its created by the same guys who did Sands of Time, then I have full confidence this will just as immense as that was. Cant wait.

looks interesting, weird plotline but if anything it sounds like gods are just a substitute for sands of time

might pick this up then considering it also has no connection to the previous trilogy which i never finished

first one fantastic
second one uninstalled after a half hour (why must some characters have to go emo and dark look at bomberman :( )
third one haven't tried

Looks very nice, remind me Prince of Persia 2.
It's just me or brutal dark style of Warrior Within and The Two Thrones doesn't fit Prince of Persia games very well?

no IMO it does not that's why I hate warrior within :flame: although I never tried the third one

first one fantastic
second one uninstalled after a half hour (why must some characters have to go emo and dark look at bomberman :( )
third one haven't tried
From memory I really liked the beginning of the third one, but after a while it got absurdly repetitive and quite challenging. Still far better than the second... also less Godsmack, which is always a good thing.

also less Godsmack, which is always a good thing.

The third one already shines in comparison in my eyes for now knowing that :)

I usually hate cel-shaded shit, but that looks awesome, I can only hope it's as awesome as it looks

It's nice to see a developer do cell shading and not use it as an excuse to turn down the detail.

I absolutely loved the original 2-D side scrolling prince of persia. Talk about ahead of it's time. That game captivated me.

Gameplay picks up nearly 2 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyQ_OVyhNE

Anywho, I haven't played any of the 3D ones, but I think the cell shaded look fits absolutely perfectly. I'll check this one out if they provide a demo.
Shit yeah. Uses that rotoscope tech shit that Flashback used. Looks good for it's time.

Says the guy with a practically PoP spin-off in his avatar? :thumbs:

This game looks awesome. I love it already. :E

I meant the graphics, next gen my arse, that ****ing XIII or whatever it is was was doing this years ago.

Guess I prefer some kind of realism.

I meant the graphics, next gen my arse, that ****ing XIII or whatever it is was was doing this years ago.

Guess I prefer some kind of realism.

XIII_01.jpg

Versus

img1.jpg

Yeah right. You're an idiot.

I still kind of want 3-d, kinda like PoP 3, but this does look promising. Ah well.

Looks really great. I'm optimistic about it; even though I never completely played through any of the games in the new trilogy, the original Prince of Persia was great for its time.

Back