New Prince of Persia preview and screen

Heh, looks like Meryl, not to mention the art style is very similar to the art in MGS. Does that style have a name or something? Damn it looks cool...

Yeah i've always wondered if it's a particular style cos it kicks ass :D

prince-of-persia-20080523031952933_640w.jpg

prince-of-persia-20080523032004152_640w.jpg

prince-of-persia-20080523031959793_640w.jpg

How awesome is that?
IGN Preview.

I still would've liked to see what PoP could've been if it stayed 3-d next gen. This, no doubt, is pretty awesome though.

Still.

Lovely presentation and art style. I do however, question their ability to reach such a high mark they set for themselves. Specifically Shadow, Okami and Twilight Princess are basically the cream of the crop and Ubi Montreal doesn't have the track record of producing such epic games.

Nonetheless, it never hurts to aim high as long as they can deliver on their promises.

/glares at Peter Molyneux

I still would've liked to see what PoP could've been if it stayed 3-d next gen.
What do you mean, "stayed?" It is 3D... and this will be the first 'next-gen' PoP.

Man, **** the art style (which is still awesome). All I needed to know was they were taking inspiration from Shadow of the Colossus.

Well since the team that made Sands of Time is making this, I have high hope for it.

Looks freakin sweet it makes me want to play the other games I haven't played yet. I need to find copies on ebay now

As you can see from the screenshots, Prince of Persia is a complete visual departure from the previous titles. It is not cel-shaded. Ubisoft calls its look "illustrative." Where cel-shading tends to look flat, POP looks in every way three-dimensional and there is an impressive amount of detail. This stylized look is more like watching a painting come to life.

this game is renewing my interest in games again. I'm hoping this turns out great and comes out for the PC. I'm psyched.

make the world too large, and you run the risk of making your game boring and empty.
I don't know, I think I would love just to wander around similar to WoW. It's so pretty. It's like being inside a painting.

looking forward to this...I'm currently playing thru sands of time. I'm not sure I'll play thru warrior within...not because of the new direction I don't mind that and I like the combat a lot more...but because of the whole back and forth thing...the 4th time you go thru the clockwork level you tend to get lost. so I might skip ahead and do two thrones next.

This game looks fantastic. I think the cell-shading complements it quite well. I haven't actually played any of the other Prince of Persias, but this looks quite good.

Edit: I couldn't tell it was cell-shaded watching the trailer

I also really like the look of the game. But the thing is the previous PoP games have left a
real impression on my mind, and when I think PoP I think the prince of the sand trilogy. In all
fairness I would have rather liked if this was set in a different world with different characters.

Let put this way, if HL3 decided to go stylized and painting like and looked really pretty I
would like the visuals and if the game was good, even the game. But i would prefer it stayed
with the style chosen by the previous games. And I feel the same about this, though
considering the incarnations of PoP and the elasticity of the brand it is not as dependent on a
particular style as HL is.

Here's the latest trailer from Leipzig (HD version is on the actual site):

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38687.html

I'm not so sure about the voice acting. It may just be that the Prince sounds too American, and that I loved the voice acting in the Sand of Time series. The acrobatics look very fluid and fun, especially the "gripfall" near the end. Combat seems toned down and less complicated than the last couple of games. I guess we'll have to see if that's a good or bad thing.

I read the title of the thread as "New Prince of Bel-Air preview and screen"..

Way to disappoint, jackass. :(

Anyways, I've never completed the first, so because of that I've never played the second or third, which means I won't play this one.

Doesn't look amazing (none of them did) anyways...

Back