New Screenshots from the Lost Coast

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gaming news giants, Shacknews, are today reporting that Valve's Korean partner for distributing Valve games, GNA Soft, have released some exciting new screenshots of Half-Life 2: The Lost Coast.[br]

[br]For those of you who aren't "in the know", The Lost Coast is a mission based in the coastal areas of Half-Life 2. The mission will be showcasing a brand new technology for the Source engine called High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering, and will also mark the release of tools for mod developers to include such effects in their own games.[br]There is also a video to download weighing in at 170MB which can be downloaded from FileShack or 3D Gamers.[br]You can find the original news post here.

Those are from Pc Gamer Uk.....

Seen before ;(

yeah pc gamer uk, still damn fine though. any1 got the bink yet?need info...

OMG :O *has a heartattack*

edit: that movie was sooo lame, its the noraml "Coast" movie, ive seen it before HL2 was released :(...

* has another heartattack *

GOD those are orgasmic.

About time you got around to the news post though :|

WOAH that first pic looks AWESOME! can;t wait to unleash my 6800 on it :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Huh, the sky looks much better in this than in HL2. And look at that giant pot thing, awesome.

The video is incredible. Only 2 minutes long, but worth it.

WTF?! I clicked on the link and it showed me a really old movie from E3 2k4.

EDIT- nm I saw the reply

Yea.. btw it's not a bink, it's QT with 1.8mb/sec data rate :naughty: . I wonder why they just didn't put it out in the best quality Bink as they used to do?

Oh that's ****ing great. Downloaded 120 megs of old material (admittedly it did go fast).

/me sighs and starts the correct download

indescribably amazinger water effects, i so need an x850 xt pe and a new rig bascially :)

Downloading the _proper_ video now ;) Can't wait to see it considering we will have to wait many more months until we see it in action on our own comps :D

/me strokes 6800GTO

HOLY GOD. The first one looked like a photograph.

The third one gave me several orgasms in a span of 3 seconds.

All those houses... Ohhhh my god.

But... I won't be able to play this :( :( :(

Downloading BINK video... (Heh this reminds me of pre-hl2 days :))

jimbo118 said:
yeah pc gamer uk, still damn fine though. any1 got the bink yet?need info...
You've probably not seen them in 1600x1200 resolution before :p

I apologise by the way, I ****ed up a bit with the news post and included an incorrect link.

This has now been corrected. I'll update it if I find some actual mirrors :p

EDIT: I have now added the correct mirror :)

Dammit, I just finished downloading the WRONG ONE. :(

lol I was watching the normal coast video and I started thinking to myself *Wow this is amazing* before I realized it was just normal ol' hl2. :(

hehehehhe, it's still sexy as it was a year ago :) 90% on the real one.

jimbo118 said:
ok?......

ps : i luv u :O
I love you too!! :O

But what are you trying to say? Surely seeing them in that resolution is 100 times better than seeing them on a printed page in a magazine? :|

Umm... Planet Haflife is retarded. They say its over 3 minutes of ingame footage. I'm guessing some dumbass downloaded the regular coast bink and thought it was the new one?

Anyway..

<3 the music
<3 the headcrab :)
<3 it overall. Valve is amazing.

vegeta897 said:
Umm... Planet Haflife is retarded. They say its over 3 minutes of ingame footage. I'm guessing some dumbass downloaded the regular coast bink and thought it was the new one?

Anyway..

<3 the music
<3 the headcrab :)
<3 it overall. Valve is amazing.
You'd have to be a retard to do that...

*ahem*

That last screenshot (the one with the landscape) is incredible.

The movie was okay :) Not as much as I hoped for, but in good resolution :D

Can't wait for this, it will truly give me video card a workout :D

Can anyone help me, I suck my foot in my jaw.

Now I can't close my mouth and I'm drooling all over the keyboard.

Just a bit of speculation to throw your way guys.

Ever seen the map list for HL2? d2_coast_01 is followed by d2_coast_03. This means we did indeed lose a coast in Half-Life 2. Perhaps where the name came from? You've probably been speculating that for weeks, but I've been busy at work ;(

The trailer isn't anything special. It's all been covered in the TechTV preview.

Back