New SP addon map!

G

I've created a singel player map for hl2.

"Plot"
You and your combine squad are defending yourself against a zombie invasion in an unknown part of city 17. All the lights are out and you are low on ammo.

You can download it here. http://embark.to/zombieinvasion

Enjoy! It's fun!

/ The Nathan

That was cool! Killed my fps too much, cant you make corpses fade faster?

I had to impulse 101, then once I finished I found a way onto the roof! DOH

Just curious, what is the difference between the high quality and low quality versions? Do the dead bodies fade faster? I've seen this kind of thing before with the Antlion Troopers map.

Cheshire said:
Just curious, what is the difference between the high quality and low quality versions? Do the dead bodies fade faster? I've seen this kind of thing before with the Antlion Troopers map.

In the low version all the bodies fade, but not while the player is looking. In the high version half off the bodies fade the rest stays making the roadblock look like a massgrave (as seen in the pictures)

cool map... reminds me of black hawk down... 3 against 100. :smoking:

It was quite good but... I managed to, through some first-time exploring, drop to the bottom of the map and, well, got stuck there.

Guest said:
oops sorry

Ye mate, you should fix that gap behind the car and truck.. I just jumped onto the car and then went down a "hole" behind it ;)

Great map i thoroughly enjoyed, quick bit of fun, look forward to seeing more of them :)

is it cpu heavy?i just got antlion troopers and at the start it was a slideshow until all the combine died and it was me against the antlions,had aa at 0 too,whats dis like?

sys:3.2 p4,gig ram ddr2,x800xt

It's pretty heavy, but only when you blow dozens of zombies in the air.

I'd go with the high version if i were you but otherwise just change to the low one.

I had some problems when i threw a grenade or two, but thats about it, its really fun, watching your allies get slaughtered :D

Some possible improvements:

Music, make it more dramatic :D
Maybe add like an ending not unlike antlion troopers, where dropships come and aid you, or something liek that.

Other than that its a blast

Samon said:
I had some problems when i threw a grenade or two, but thats about it, its really fun, watching your allies get slaughtered :D

Some possible improvements:

Music, make it more dramatic :D
Maybe add like an ending not unlike antlion troopers, where dropships come and aid you, or something liek that.

Other than that its a blast

Maybe "Strider to the rescue". I'll look into that.

Maybe "Strider to the rescue". I'll look into that.

:bounce:

That would be great....

Just imagien the zombies swarmign you, your allies dead then all of a sudden..."Boom" "boom"....a strider just knocks down a building and proceeds to mow down the zombie hordes... :smoking:

You need to add more combine, they got slaughtered in minutes.

Whats the suprising ending anyway? It just said something and thats it.

azz0r said:
You need to add more combine, they got slaughtered in minutes.

Whats the suprising ending anyway? It just said something and thats it.

Well, i'm suprised you made it! Just kidding.

No, the suprise is to be found along the secret path to the rooftop. If you find the entrance you'll find the suprise.

About the combines not surviving, well i've made it twice on medium difficulty with several soldiers alive.

Originally posted by Guest
No, the suprise is to be found along the secret path to the rooftop. If you find the entrance you'll find the suprise.

Now i am intruiged, guess i'll have to go look

Thanks everybody!

I'll try to script a better ending. But it's getting increasingly boring to work with it, i've played it a 100 times now...

I'll get back to you when its done.

I'll try to script a better ending. But it's getting increasingly boring to work with it, i've played it a 100 times now...

Ha, not suprising. Still, thats even greater promise of more maps

AAAAH SHIT :D :D *spoilers about the ending*
The Nathan, or whatever your name is - DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT :D Hahhahaha I flew out of my pants when that shotgun just went off next to my ear. Its night now and I was playing in total darkness. Damn f*ck, I have to buy a new pair of pants, totally didnt see it coming, hahahahaha.

But yeah, it would be nice to have a decent ending, and the streets look a bit bland. Otherwise, nice map.

Did you fix the cube maps since those screenshots? Everything is afully white :)

Sainku said:
Did you fix the cube maps since those screenshots? Everything is afully white :)

Yes, those are early screenshots, a light environment entity did the job.

What secret?

Spoiler Alert!

About the secret along the way to rooftop, is it just the nice looking kitchen area or am I missing something? Also, I can't jump into the kitchen area, is it meant to be like that?

End Spoiler.

Heavenwarrior said:
Spoiler Alert!

About the secret along the way to rooftop, is it just the nice looking kitchen area or am I missing something? Also, I can't jump into the kitchen area, is it meant to be like that?

End Spoiler.

Most people do manage to get in... try crouchjump.

I no it's hard but i could'nt make the opening any bigger, it just looked wrong.

Back