New Steam interview (With info about Gunman and Blue Shift!)

UndeadScottsman

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
Saw this on Planet Half-Life and I didn't see it posted here, so here goes!

Are there any plans to support Half-Life Blue Shift through Steam? Why not?
[Erik Johnson] Yes, we're going to look at this. There is an issue that we have to address where Blue Shift made some changes to the engine.

Will there be a training mission (that shipped with a retail CS) in Steam's Counter Strike?
[Erik Johnson] We cut this content as much of it will be redone for CZ. We were never very happy with how it came about, and the bots provide us with a much better mechanism to train people in how to play Counter-Strike.

Will Steam (in the future) use the RETAIL editions of CS and DOD, with all of their RETAIL exclusive content?
[Erik Johnson] That should be the case now.

Will you include the option for users to use High Definition Models; the new models that shipped with Half-Life Blue Shift in a High Definition Pack?
[Erik Johnson] This is also something we need to deal with. I'll add it to our list.

Will there be support for Gunman Chronicles (a forgotten Valve game that is based on HL Tech.)?
[Erik Johnson] This is in the same realm as Blue Shift, but yeah, we need to get this on Steam also.

Since "everything" is converted to Steam, such as DOD, will there be some kind of a benefit for people who have purchased the RETAIL version of DOD? As I understand, the RETAIL DOD that shipped on a CD, has NO VALUE - and my $29.99 is gone too...
[Erik Johnson] For the few people that never bought Half-Life or Counter-Strike, there is some value in this.

I'm pretty happy about this news :D

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

It's great to see the Blue shift ordeal being taken care of.
Gunman Chronicles? :eek:
Lol. never heard of it before.

Gunman Chronical's is a pretty obscure game. I also heard it isn't too good(one review I read said something like its like Half-Life set on an alien planet in the future) though I can't wait to try it when it comes to Steam.

Gunman Chronicles is supposed to be a Space Western, but it comes off as a glorified Half-Life mod (Indeed, it WAS a mod that the developers were trying to sell, lucky for them Sierra picked 'em up). I still think it was worth the 9.99 I payed for it :D

It's gets kudo's for it's customizable weapon system though.. Probably the most unique thing about it.. (You can do stuff like change the ammount of pellets your shotgun uses, and change the spread.. Choose the path of your missles and lots of other neat stuff..)

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Gunman Chronicles is a good game
worth the money u pay for it

Back