New steam movie on teh way

Stingey

Reaction score
Theres a new one coming very very soon, why?
cause the menu isn't avaible trough steam which means they are updating

They're stopping the steam beta tuesday, and going to make available the full version 1.0, which will (from my understanding) have the 3 new movies

All of the games are down, not just the movies, mate

3 new movies? Buggy, Strider, Final G-Man(?)

It'd be totally killer if they uploaded a whole new one along with the other vids--one were the g-man tells us, 30th of september is solid---in the cryptic way, were used to from valve

is there any point in installing steam right now? or should i wait for the full version?

I have a strong feeling that the next movie will be released in the opening of steam (final) and only people with valid cd-keys will be able to watch it..

Originally posted by Urbanleg
I have a strong feeling that the next movie will be released in the opening of steam (final) and only people with valid cd-keys will be able to watch it..

bah who cares, weve all seen em already. Just release the game, screw the vids

Originally posted by scribblehead
It'd be totally killer if they uploaded a whole new one along with the other vids--one were the g-man tells us, 30th of september is solid---in the cryptic way, were used to from valve

That would be sweet!

Make him say something like "It's coming, and it's getting closer"
In a creepy-lypsync-voice with AA on.

/me cries
i'll miss all of the whiny baby's who didnt get there videos and complained about the shield glitch
/me sobs uncontrollable

Nah we won't be getting any new vids... Not at this point.
We're weeks away from release (in theory) and Valve don't wanna give too much away, as they've already said.
Although I want pictures of the old aliens that're returning. I can't wait to fight ALONGSIDE the Alien Slaves, they were the best by far.

EDIT: Maybe all that whizzing transparent coloured writing will be changed to stuff said about delays and Fragmaster's promise... Stuff like that...

they said that they'd release them and how would that give too much away? we've already seen the gamespy video, it's just in hi-ressy goodness when THEY release it

No, they didn't want to release NEW media or NEW infor for fear of spoiling surprises or the player's discovery of the game.

One of your strong feelings is confirmed: Erik said that the movies would be coming right after the beta ended.

The other could be true, or not. We don't know.

noob question:
is the real, full, gold version of steam free, or do you need to pay, or do you need a halflife/cs/dod/hl2 cd key?

Originally posted by SupaKoopa
noob question:
is the real, full, gold version of steam free, or do you need to pay, or do you need a halflife/cs/dod/hl2 cd key?
As far as I know steam will continue to be free.:thumbs:

I also remember reading at the steam forums that the videos will be buggy, strider, and the tech demo. I'm not sure if it was confirmed or just speculation.

I agree with Bass. I could really care less about the movies at this point.
BRING ON THE BENCHMARK!!!!

We really need more stuff from valve, entirely new movies, some new screenshots and perhaps we need to see a couple more enemies.

Enquiring minds wanna know!:bounce:

I'm against Valve releasing any new info at this stage. It will just spoil the game.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I'm against Valve releasing any new info at this stage. It will just spoil the game.
:cheers: I like not knowing at this point. If they had 3 or 4 more months before they would release it, then I would want screenshots & movies.

It's pretty wishful thinking to think that on Wednesday they are going to have 3 new movies waiting for us.

More likely he meant AFTER Steam was released... so maybe the first one will come out on Friday and then another next week or if everything goes smoothly, both the following week.

But I wouldn't put any extra strain on a system that is about to have 32048709238432 people download and use it all at once. Wednesday will be a big test for Steam, I have faith it won't blow up.

ffs, put the quick reply function back :(

Shouldn't they be releasing DOD over Steam soon then?

Using my magic translator.

I use Warez and I like to blame the developer , in my own subtle way , for not allowing me to use all of their services without paying them money.

I think you might be mistaking your translator and using it for your brain and what its thinking. :thumbs:

Back