New Steam Skin: Half-Life

btw, this question is for the Steam Skins experts..

is there a quick way of finding out what numbers correspond to certain colours? i know 100-115 or so is for the colour blue since i was playing around with the trackerscheme file in the skins\resources folder

or the only way to find out is through trial and error? (which would suck.. since u have to restart Steam every time for a colour change and we all know Steam takes forever to load at starting up)

there are 3 numbers... 255 255 255 is black and 0 0 0 is white...
"red green blue"

Originally posted by Sauerkraut
there are 3 numbers... 255 255 255 is black and 0 0 0 is white...
"red green blue"

3?

"101 148 164 255" // background color of any selected text or menu item
"101 148 200 255" // selection background in window w/o focus
"129 156 194 255"

thats directly from the file i mentioned, i see 4 numbers..
help?

Whoa cool... there's skins! And... it's so easy to make one! Awesome!

Now is a good time to tell people NOT to post their own skins. Anyone can change color files in a text file. Please keep them to yourself unless you do something besides change colors/font/icons :p

80 threads about "LOOK AT MY SKIN I CHANGED THE COLROSL!@!!" = bad :/

sapien.jpg

omgomgomg Halo DEV uses Steam ahah :cheers: :cheese:

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
4th #=opacity

Affirmative, it's the alpha value

Personnaly I like that people share their skins cuz it gives ideas and it's not everybody who knows how to change the colors or know how to put the right colors together.

Originally posted by Sauerkraut
Here is a picture:
http://www.n00bie.de/pics/steamskin_halflife.jpg

In that pic it looks like you can see A LOT of servers.....but for some reason I cannot see ANY. I think it'd due to all my computer ports being closed (anyone know how to open som??)

As for the skin itself, it's okay, but for me it has just a little too much orange going on....

Uhm...:cheers: ?

Originally posted by DiSTuRbEd
sapien.jpg

omgomgomg Halo DEV uses Steam ahah :cheers: :cheese:

now that is cool...

of course, gearbox has been closely tied to valve in the past, so it's not a huge surprise.

Hmmmm, actually, I wonder if gearbox is working on something for valve right now...have there been any announcements???

Just so everyone knows, the numbers are a standard format:

Red Green Blue Alpha

All values from 0 to 255, 255 being full colour.

I tried making a skin using some alpha, at like 100 and it wasn't translucent at all.

Back