New steam update

Reaction score
An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

* Enabled support for SourceTV
* Fixed a rare bug that caused some bullet impacts to be counted twice
* Improved map overview support
* The message of the day file is now required to be in the main game directory
* Fixed an issue with player names being out of sync with the server
* Fixed "purple checkerboard" problem for Message of the Day scrollbars
* Fixed some localization issues related to player chat
* Death notices are no longer displayed while blind
* Death notices retain the correct team color even if the player quickly changes teams
* Bots immediately change their names to match the bot_prefix when it changes
* Bots join dedicated servers immediately if the bot_quota is nonzero
* Fixed bug where bots would repeatedly fail to join with an invalid Steam ID
* Added mp_logdetail at the request of server administrators

Source Engine

* Player sprays now persist through round restarts. The number of rounds a spray survives is determined by r_spray_lifetime
* Fixed a bug causing the first message from a plug-in message to be colored incorrectly
* Consistency checking is now skipped during demo playback
* Added sv_visiblemaxplayers
* Fixed timing precision error causing slower framerates on servers running continuously for more than a few days

Also, VAC ststus has been added to the account settings tab :D

There also seems to be a new hardware survery its asking me to complete?

Wow check it out I think they started implimenting vac2

vacstatus4xm.jpg

btw this isn't mine, got the pic from steam forums

Also I heard this update screwed up CSS (crashes,ect)

urgh there's a CS:S grenade bug now

What's it like?

Yay for the new survey - it's always cool to see how the uptake of new gfx cards is going :) The list of vid cards is HUGE now!

EDIT: um, the survey status page is from january ...

no problems here, just checked ... hope it's sorts itself out for ya, C5k :s

Validating files now, if that doesn't work, i'll just up the heapsize :p

I just validated the cache, and now it runs just fine :D
steam://validate/240

A bunch of people are reporting that this update is screwing up css, making it corrupted.

The update caused grenades to crash servers :p
Then Valve rekeased another patch 15 minutes later :D

despite bugs (havent checked my cs:s)... i f***ing love steam

SourceTV sounds good to me. I do not know if it will be really used, it is just that SourceTV is cool sounding.

Yeah, thats what I'm wondering...whats SourceTV? Will you be able to watch your favorite show while play a Source game? (yeah that made me sound like an idiot)

It's just so that hundreds of players can watch a match at one time.

Basically SourceTV acts as one player on the server, and then it relays all that info to the hundreds of people connected to SourceTV (well that one server that is watching the match obviously)... You see you can't handle hundreds of people all in spectator mode, so people get HLTV (now sourceTV for Source engine)....

Just think of it as watching a live sporting event, just log on the server, and watch away :D Note, really only big clans use them so that lots of people can watch the match.

i did pretty well in the survey,above average,lol @ the amount of 9800 pros,about a 10th of people have 1,musta all got em for hl2

whats the deal with everyone using opengl,more than half use it as a renderer,i believe i use d3d

jimbo118 said:
i did pretty well in the survey,above average,lol @ the amount of 9800 pros,about a 10th of people have 1,musta all got em for hl2

whats the deal with everyone using opengl,more than half use it as a renderer,i believe i use d3d
d3d here too.

What is interesting, is once again the survey shows the truth, look around the hl2 forums and there's all sorts bragging about how super powerful their systems are, atleast a good 90% of them.. then look at the survey... You'd think there would be way more with fancy setups if the forum posts were to be believed heh.

The Dark Elf said:
d3d here too.

What is interesting, is once again the survey shows the truth, look around the hl2 forums and there's all sorts bragging about how super powerful their systems are, atleast a good 90% of them.. then look at the survey... You'd think there would be way more with fancy setups if the forum posts were to be believed heh.
yeah i agree but i'd bet theres alot of casual gamers who aren't arsed about being members of forums etc and in with the community so we probably dont see the full picture here in the forums

dude, why do you post news that come to all the people in this forum to their Steam accounts???

Ravioli said:
dude, why do you post news that come to all the people in this forum to their Steam accounts???
so we can discuss it

Find a server and right click it and view server info, its been nicely updated, looks good. First time i've seen it anyway. One other thing that should be on the options is whether friendly fire is on, just like CS 1.5, ahhh the good days.

Zeus said:
Wow check it out I think they started implimenting vac2

vacstatus4xm.jpg

yup i have that to, also in good standing (whatever thats means, but its good :) )

btw i just noticed this (little offtopic):

Thank you!
You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on Steam. At present, only one HL2 offer may be purchased per Steam account.

although i never bought it through steam, and i shows @ every game (from bronze to gold).

Nothing big, but it looks stupid :p

Back