New Study: Vancouver best city in the world to live in

Javert said:
Nah, it's smaller than that. I also think it's new. It's in the Asian community.

hehe that's most of vancouver ...toronto too ..man they have awesome food

CptStern said:
no, I said my city made the top 10 ...2 guesses as to which city :)

top 10 huh? i guess its not that bad after the gun violence this past summer.

Dr. Freeman said:
top 10 huh? i guess its not that bad after the gun violence this past summer.

meh they're thinning out the criminal ranks ...except that incident with the 8 yr old ..truely tragic

Javert said:
Nah, it's smaller than that. I also think it's new. It's in the Asian community.

Ahhh... you must mean Richmond then... yeah, there's lots of asians here, more than China Town, and less stinky too (you couldn't pay me to walk down an alley way there yuck!)

the only mall here that i can think of that has a musical water feature is the Aberdeen Centre. http://www.floornature.com/projects/img_technical_solution/tec09_01_home.jpg

I wonder if by Vancouver they mean just Vancouver, or if they mean Greater Vancouver, which would then encompass the surrounding cities.

kirovman said:
Also, do you know Murray_H personally?

not really, i PM'd him a couple of times asking a few questions about durham, so i don't hate him really :p I havn't seen him in durham anyway, at least i don't think

the hate thing is something to do with college rivalries, from what i've heard, hatfield and castle college's hate each other, and all the rest hate both castle and hatfield. apparently it's to do with the rich arses at those colleges, as far as i'm aware murray happens not to be one of those but ended up in hatfield anyway.

sorry for dragging off-topic a bit there ;)

w000ho for living in the best city in the world. I never would have guessed it tho. Sure the buses are nice and we have nice Ocean and Mountains, but it rains all winter and ther's crack addicts in East Hastings

4 Aussie cities in the top ten. We ****ing rock.

Woohoo for Melbourne being number 2.

CptStern said:
ya I was surprised by that ...dont take this the wrong way but isnt that the extent of the metropolises in Australia? 4? ok sorry I missed Brisbane which is in the top 20 anyways

Quality is better than Quantity

it's funny, there's a lot of Australian students studying in Canada, and all the Canadian students want to go to Australia. Dunno why you'd leave surfing and sunshine to come to cold winters and doughnuts

Vancouver, Melbourne, Vienna, Geneva, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Zurich, Toronto, Calgary

bold == australian capital [yeh, a few people would've noticed this but i haven't read anything, except the first post].

i'm suprised brisbane isn't in there, it's alot more popular/nicer than perth and adelaide, but melbourne and sydney are nice.

edit: had a look at the actual site, brisbane is up there in the top 8.

Hmm, always wanted to visit Canada sometimes, must be a great country (notice that I'm not influenced by American Anti-Canada trash talking :D )

Anyways, my city is not mentioned! In fact, the only Dutch city is Amsterdam.. How could this be? We DO rock, right? ehhh... :frown:

Australia kicks arse.

CptStern said:
ya I was surprised by that ...dont take this the wrong way but isnt that the extent of the metropolises in Australia? 4? ok sorry I missed Brisbane which is in the top 20 anyways

Perth, Darwin, Adelaide, Brisbane, Syndey, Melbourne, Canberra and Hobart.

yay I live an hour away from one of the top 10 cities

Woo-to-the-mother****ing-Hoo bitches!

Go Vancouver! Finally some validation from a credible source! I told you all it was the best, I told you all it was the liquid awesome and now here's proof. YEAH wOO go Vancouver!

Because of Vancouver being Awesome eBay had selected it for their newest north american office. it was a close run between seattle and vancouver, but the fact it tipped all the way over to vancouver had something to do with a little something called an educated workforce with nothing to do

or something.

Anyway I work for eBay now, woo-****ing-hoo!

Sparta said:
Quality is better than Quantity

I agree ...looking at population numbers it seems that the 5 cities they picked all had a population of over 1 million ...probably why the others werent included

Ya. It sure is nice in Vancover...if you can afford the extremely high cost of living there.

$500 a month for a bachelor suite in metrotown.. not that bad.

(CAD)

thats a very poor survey, I thought Toronto was crap when i went there ( Ottawa is far better) and why isnt Belfast in the bottom 10

Just because you had a bad experience doesn't make it a poor survey :thumbs:

Hmm ... bit surprising for me.

Buses anywhere east of Cambie are crap.

BCTF on strike.

Telus on strike.

Not to mention housing prices.

Ironic time for this thing to come out.

teacher's just went on strike this morning, the survey wouldn't have known that. Apparently Stanley Park is a pretty big deal. It's one of the largest major urban parks in the world. Especially nice considering the amount of coastline it has. And the transit is really good. And it seems to me that wages are higher around Vancouver. It's not too tough to get a menial job paying $10/hr. Although expensive housing balances that out.

Vancouver should be the capital of British Columbia, not Victoria.
Go Vancouver!
And yes, let's hope the teachers go on strike for a long time.

lol...would you believe that Tehran is number 119? Nevar!

Back