New to the whole Half-Life Series

A

Arsenal FC 144

I've only played counterstrike but recently, for Christmas, I got HL2(CS:S) and CS:CZ....I just am lost in HL2 because I've never played Half-Life the original. I don't know any of the background, I just walk around basically. I try and talk to people and they either hit me or say "I shouldn't be talking to you or we'll both be in trouble" I got up to the roof and got shot down.
Any tips are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Yeah, is there any like...cheats to get weapons in Chapter 1?
Also-stupid question probably but is it online/multiplayer? or Just the single-player chapter version?

If I were you I would play the game through without cheats, and then play around afterwards with slow-mo mods etc.
While on the rooftops, just keep moving as it is really not that hard.

If you want information - listen to the npcs (it is not always random things they say) and look around the environment.

"Also-stupid question probably but is it online/multiplayer? or Just the single-player chapter version?"

If by that you mean Half Life 2 multiplayer - that would be HL2 Deathmatch.

Ok thanks. I realized some stuff and got a little further. I got to like the sewer area in chapter 2 I think. On the Underground railroad place. By the trains is where I last died. I found out I had to go into that window on the roof. I missed it last time and died. I'd rather play with cheats now, I'm stupid like that, it's more fun. Where can I get them? I hope they are easy to use.

I don't want to download a virus so where can I get good clean ones?

Umm i wouldn't play with cheats, they ruin the game, and in a few days/hours you will be totally bored of hl2 with cheats... play without them, TRUST ME

Arsenal FC 144 said:
Any help?
Sure why not... :cool:

Type sv_cheats 1 then...
>God
>Impulse 101
>look more in game faqs
>That's all...

Stui64 said:
Umm i wouldn't play with cheats, they ruin the game, and in a few days/hours you will be totally bored of hl2 with cheats... play without them, TRUST ME
1) I suck without them
2) I hate sucking. ;)
3) I don't mind playing with cheats.
4) What does God do?

What does Server-Side only mean? Does that mean I can do it or it has to be my server...what?

You got to play Hl1 and the expansions(Blue shift,opposing force) or else you wont know what the hell is going on(or experience what made Hl1 so great).

Arsenal just play the game and you'll get better weapons as you go through. If it's too hard make sure it's on Easy mode. If it's on Easy mode I'd think about finding a new hobby besides computer games.

If you think you suck without cheats, how do you ever expect to get any better? Improving your play in First Person Shooters comes with practise, not the use of cheats.

level one is for noobs to get used to running around, two is for noobs to get used to weapons, three is where the game really begins. you can set sv_unlockedchapters to 3 if you want to start a new game but skip the first 2 levels. instructions for how to enter commands (and much more) at half life 2 tweakguide

you want cheats cos you suck but you're also interested in multiplayer? well, if you cant play the single player without cheats, you're going to get totally creamed in deathmatch!! if you want a better weapon than the pistol in level 2, try shooting the oil drums!

believe me, if you play the game through with cheats you'll finish it in a second and wonder why you wasted your money. it's fun because it's hard! don't forget, if you play the game on medium difficulty and you get stuck you can lower the difficulty in the middle of the game, you're not stuck playing the same difficulty all the way through!

I think when the army comes in is where the game begins...man that game is long!

hey!! don't spoil it for me! ;) i'm still on route canal - i keep playing it over trying to get a decent frame rate before i go any further!

Back