New Unreal Tournament 2007 footage.

thats cool!!!!!:p tho still in progress, not as sharp as i thought it would be tbh uses same sounds, gfx arent that amazing.........

I WANT SUPER HIGH RES OMG! I NEED THIS GAME NOW OMG! ughhhh11

That was shown at E3 before. It's in the G4 developer interview I believe. Still at low res.

Need high res for the win.

Excellent. Hopefully it will keep the classic gameplay.

Nice... I can't wait! Hopefully my local LAN arcade picks up a few copies and i can kill people sitting next to me. :D

/me lives right next to Epic Games and is about to go demand playing time

Right, well my link isn't working anymore, but all you need to do is go to the second link Prince of China posted, click "View Now" under the low quality video, click "Left click to download" and then you're given a URL you can change.

Maybe when they get the PPU in there. didn't they say that's what they were going to use it with?

clarky003 said:
lol, yes that link works.. :stare:

It did when I posted it, just like Gabro's.

OK, if for some reason no-one could be arsed to follow Gabro's steps, I'll say it again if you want the high res video - do this:

Go here -
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/746/746632/vids_1.html?
Click View Now for the low res vid. Then click left click to download, another window will open saying right click save target as. Copy that link location, in Firefox you have to right click on "Right click save target as" and then copy link location. Paste it in your address bar and replace the word low at the end with high. Voila.

Click View Now for the low res vid. Then click left click to download, another window will open saying right click save target as. Copy that link location, in Firefox you have to right click on "Right click save target as" and then copy link location. Paste it in your address bar and replace the word low at the end with high. Voila.
Cool thanks :)

gamespy.com got new vids from 2007 and UE3.0

dam thats is sexy.

what i dont like with this game...is the sounds, it sounds like an old game, and whats up with the voices?

And whats up with that end scene, it looks terrible, i thought unreal 3 engine had great graphics...but those explotions looked AWFUL!

when i first saw the Unreal3 engine pics from Unreal T 7, i thought WOW this is going to be great....but no, the gameplay is way to fast, and the sound and voices are for 8 year olds, its all wrong! They could have made an action packed teamwork game, but instead they ruind it.

its called keeping the feel, and I wouldnt have it any other way. Unreal tournament fans will be creaming their pants. I know i just did watching those vids. *drools*

Nice videos, I am looking forward to this Unreal 3 Technology...

Ravioli said:
what i dont like with this game...is the sounds, it sounds like an old game, and whats up with the voices?

And whats up with that end scene, it looks terrible, i thought unreal 3 engine had great graphics...but those explotions looked AWFUL!

when i first saw the Unreal3 engine pics from Unreal T 7, i thought WOW this is going to be great....but no, the gameplay is way to fast, and the sound and voices are for 8 year olds, its all wrong! They could have made an action packed teamwork game, but instead they ruind it.

Work In Progress

Could you guys be more specific on how to get the high video? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
:(

:dozey: I dont think that method works anymore.

Wow...I didn't know they still had UT 2004 footage on IGN

**yawn** So where is this interesting footage of UT 2007 we were supposed to see?

JiMmEh said:
Works for me still.

:naughty: Hmm, cool... I just tried it again. It didn't bring me up to some error page, and I see the quicktime indicator thing at my lower left in my browser, meaning it's downloading! 4 t3h WinZorz!

Not very impressed at all and the explosions my gosh they look like shit.

Well they did say the game is about 10-15% done which is why the game is still over a year away! lol

Right now, they are still working on the core technology, while building Unreal Tournament with it.

Can't wait to play against pretty looking bots.

after playing team based, squad based gameplay (BF2) no matter how good the graphics are, I don't see it taking me out of my BF2 fun.

now... if we could get BF3 in the Unreal 3 (or similar) engine... that would be awesome! (especially with U3's ability to stream in large scale land on the fly)

It's not just Unreal Tournament 2007 that I'm interested in- not that I'm not interested in it- it's the engine that powers it. Once it comes out, imagine what gaming will become. Imagine Splinter Cell 4 on this engine.

Prince of China said:
It's not just Unreal Tournament 2007 that I'm interested in- not that I'm not interested in it- it's the engine that powers it. Once it comes out, imagine what gaming will become. Imagine Splinter Cell 4 on this engine.

True, but then again the graphics simply won't upgrade overnight, and not everyone will use the UE3 engine...

I mean now that everybody in the gaming world knows what's possible with todays hardware, they should hopefully meet or exceed what UE3 can do.

This is one of the reasons I"m glad Epic showed off the engine so early!!! I mean sure it's cool for everyone to see this, but now developers see this and could probably start building their own next-next-gen engine. So by the time UT2007 is released, there should be some more great looking games on the horizion, or at least tech demos of other engines!

BF3, SC4 on these new graphics? Bring it on!

Streaming levels is awesome, and will make level designing much easier! I've just been coding for 2 hours, so excuse this metaphor (and probably non-coders won't understand) but think of the new streaming level tech as the introduction of functions for the first time. Instead of having one huge blob of code (in this case, the level), you can now organize everything and just make changes on a smaller scale, but it all comes together for one seamless experience!

I don't think its Epics plan was to be that sucessful with Unreal 2007. The main reason they made Unreal Engine 3 was for licencing. I can proberly bet you already that Epic have made more in engine license than they will get money back from Unreal 2007. Unreal 2007 is mainly for all the hardcore Unreal fans and also as a showcase of the engine and at the same time they rack in sales for been an Unreal game alone. Its a win win situation for them.

Back