New Valve Gameplay Videos

did anyone notice those sexy shadow effects.. ?
team fotress had self-shadowing aswell as that "toon" shader and the flashlight in ep2 casted a shadow of someone infront of the player onto the wall... i <3 valve

-dodo

I wonder if you Gordon were in the house.... would he die ?

Holy crap!
I think thats the best thing thats happened all week!

I bet the pirate killed him. Pirates are way better than ninjas.

New videos look great. Really looking forward to Portal.

Even I am excited at that TF2 video. I was rolling when the scout pulled out his little baseball bat/club dealy. Also, cloaked spies?!

Portal video, nothing really new or interesting seen here. Still greatly looking forward to it though.

Ep2 videos were awesome. 5 was particularly epic, with the dropships coming in and the house exploding. The antlion caves look really cool too; I like what they did with the webbing there.

Videos were great, I am a lot more excited for ep2 than I was ep1.

BTW what was that game showed briefly at the end of the portal video?

The games are looking great especially TF2. Didn't get to see the pyro in action unfortunatly. I think I saw him get whacked over the head when the scout was rushing in though. While watching the 5th HL2 video I couldn't help but think and wish that you could pick up use that ax gorden picked up with the gravity gun.

oh CRAP, they all look so wonderful :(.

TF2 Looks like it will be the same good ol' game..but even better :D. Cloaked spies, oh man I'm already wetting myself.

EP2 has self shadows now?! Watch when gordon uses the flashlight on the vortiguant. I'm sure it's been said that EP2 will have it, but it's so much cooler to actually see it :D.

Portal...I'm ridicuously excited about it. It looks like one of the best innovative puzzle games..EVER.

Videos were great, I am a lot more excited for ep2 than I was ep1.

BTW what was that game showed briefly at the end of the portal video?

It had the HL2 civ models, so i guess it was part of AN ep2 video that didnt get posted to youtube.

Looked like an assault rifle, though :)

Blimey, that was bloody awesome...

EP2, TF2, Portal... Vort special moves, rocket jumping, infinite teleporting loops of woah... good grief.

Not that there was any chance I wouldn't be buying that packet, but man...

I hope there'll be an option to buy TF2 separately.

did anyone notice those sexy shadow effects.. ?
team fotress had self-shadowing aswell as that "toon" shader and the flashlight in ep2 casted a shadow of someone infront of the player onto the wall... i <3 valve

-dodo

i didn't actually notice but it's awesome news that self shadowing will be implemented

Is it just me, or were those houndeyes in the first video????:imu:

TF2 look like heaven.

I enjoyed the Ep2 vids too, pity there're so blurry. Hopefully a HQ video will come along in a short while.

I'm still trying to get over the house exploding..., I wonder how far away you have to be before the strider kicks in with the cinematic physics demolition, or whether the house would literally start falling around you if you tried to hide within...

I wanna see the medic!!!!!!! and the pyro, but mainly the medic! where my conc_jump demo. it showed the soldiers, but medics have an even more important role! also not sure how i feel about there not being a center dot in the sniper-scope, not the end of the world but well see, cuz im mainly a sniper or a medic. but p0rtal, and EP2, yay for self-shadows, and kick-ass vorts!

good riddance :p

definitly going to try out tf2, looks like they might have simplified it, btw is that 2forts?

i'm pretty sure it at least had some of the same features. did anyone notice the antlion tunnels seeming to be a little....citadel like?

AGGHH, I lovvvveee their new style! TF2 looks so hilarious, I love how the soldiers waddle, it's just great. And the spy with his cigarette. And the sniper with the Australian hat, god, it's just awesome.

:thumbs:

TF2 is looking pretty sweet. I can't wait to play it, its going to be so cool.

And if by "the ninja is dead", you mean the end of those extremely stupid updates, thank you sir.

I liked the tune in the 3rd and 4th Episode 2 videos. I must have it!

Neato videos as well.

The comics seemed a little out of place but I still enjoyed them.

Oh, and I like the house being shattered.

Good to see dynamic shadows finally make their appearance in the HL series. :)

It all depends if you can conc jump. If ya can't i'm not buying it.

That looks like the best combat sequences yet in the ep2 videos. It looks very difficult but very open-ended. Why did the antlions appear to explode when shot?

That looks like the best combat sequences yet in the ep2 videos. It looks very difficult but very open-ended. Why did the antlions appear to explode when shot?

it's a new breed the luminecent(sp?) will apparently explode...

Best thing in the Portal video was one of the menu options..."custom maps".

my chin just hit the floor when the house just got owned in that last episode 2 clip. god damn i cant wait for this game!

oh <3 the episode 2 vids, the new shadowing and phong specular effects are dreamy.

Back