New Video Comparisons...

Anubis

Reaction score
While watching the video, I noticed something. When "gordan" leaves the first structure he is in, lets call it the "barn". When he looks down at the other buildings and the street, I noticed a tree. Not a big deal I know. But it looked a lot like part of an area in the e3 video. Could it be that Gordan is on top of one of the buildings from the street he was on during the e3 video?. I think so.

I'm going to look at the e3 video again and see if I can see anything that makes it more concrete then just a tree :D

Anubis

Yes, as can be seen they are showing City 17. Look like London to me.

Its good to see it cause screenshots don't do it justice. But its not very long at all. I was suprised considering at how large the file is. But the quality is very good.

Anubis

I'm still downloading, but the citadel is displayed prominantly in some of the screenshots.

did you notice the combine citadel is constantly moving? it's great!
it kinda looks like some sort of lifts moving...
must be the citadel eating a part of town :D

I assume the combine citadel is the very tall building?. I noticed that moving around, much like it was in the e3 video.

Anubis

Ok LOL that vid is like 10 times better then any game I've seen to date

Originally posted by @bel
did you notice the combine citadel is constantly moving? it's great!
it kinda looks like some sort of lifts moving...
must be the citadel eating a part of town :D

Well spotted sire! :)

wow! in the pic g0rgon posted, check out the reflection of the yellow building w/ the orange roof, on the roof of the 'barn' as anubis called it. it looks great.

and that was one hard sentence...

i still think the distant buildings are a HUGE contribution to the atmosphere, so i changed my avatar. *searching for logic*

That vid has a lot of atmosphere. It either feels like it just stopped raining or it's a cold winter day.

Holy **** that video is cool. I didn't realize how awesome Source is. Too bad there will only be like 20 people that can run the game at that quality with that performance.

Yes the atmosphere is soooo awesome that is what just kicks certain games up to the next level of amazing. OH wow HL2 wowy.

Originally posted by CommieX
Holy **** that video is cool. I didn't realize how awesome Source is. Too bad there will only be like 20 people that can run the game at that quality with that performance.

I am about to explode those graphics are so fawking good... blows doom outa the water as far as I am concerned.

Awsome Effects. I wish i had a copy now!!!!!!!!!
Unbeliavable. Just Think Of Everything else they havent showed!!

Originally posted by CommieX

Fortunately for me, I'm one of them:

P4 3.06Ghz/1.5GB RAM/ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

:D

Originally posted by kill-9
Fortunately for me, I'm one of them:

P4 3.06Ghz/1.5GB RAM/ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

:D

I got a P4 3.06 with 512 DDR pc 3200 Ram, with a 9800 pro... w00t

om0o0o0o0o i got a P4 3.06 with 3gigs of ddr 3200 ram, with a 9800pro overclocked to 3.16ghz, watercooled. i pwn both of your crap ass systems :\

see it is mumbo jumbo like this, that give modders a bad name ;)

*end sarcasm*

cmon guys, all of you talk like you could buy 5 more of those systems. please, if you want to. speak freely and pm me ;)

i wish i had a sytem like that :\

anyways...

i want to play hl2 on that one unclassified super computer that has 2000 intel 64bit itanium processors, and 500 terabytes of ram...and uhh...we ight have to buy a couple hundred 9800 pro 256 meg cards....just to make it so we can play hl2 at 1000000000 fps

Originally posted by @bel
i still think the distant buildings are a HUGE contribution to the atmosphere, so i changed my avatar. *searching for logic*

I agree. It looks so much like photos I took while traveling through Russia, with all the high-rise apartment buildings. Awesome stuff! I will keep getting my @$$ kicked by Combine/etc in HL2 cause I'm gonna be too busy looking around!

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Ok LOL that vid is like 10 times better then any game I've seen to date

its even better than any hl2 video released before.

Originally posted by Solidarnosi
I agree. It looks so much like photos I took while traveling through Russia, with all the high-rise apartment buildings. Awesome stuff! I will keep getting my @$$ kicked by Combine/etc in HL2 cause I'm gonna be too busy looking around!
actually i was totally surprised by those tall modern buildings. i thought they would go for the older look.
but i think it adds a lot of realism.
makes me think people actually live there. :D

<-- check the avatar

hmm, do u noticed the "white points" between some polys, whats that for an issu?

yah @bel that's what I'm saying, your avatar looks like a shrunken photo that I took (don't have them with me here in Cali, otherwise I'd show you a real-life version). Let me look around the internet...

my question is, is all that area that you can see in the video.. playable? ie, walk across the city.. enterable houses.. tingles me with excitement!

Originally posted by asd
hmm, do u noticed the "white points" between some polys, whats that for an issu?

provide a screenshot with a red circle showing WTF youre talking about, we cant understand your broken ass english.

i mean this white dots. they are between many polys when he moves around.

hl2.jpg

http://chelny.inftech***/design/chelny/gallery/town.htm
click on the right blue arrow to see more pics. click on individual images to enlarge. don't be afraid of Cyrillic.

This is from my wife's city, Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan, Russia.

oh my geezus, white spots where 2 seperate textures meet up. i dont want this game anymore.

Originally posted by asd
i mean this white dots. they are between many polys when he moves around.

hl2.jpg

You should have posted this to strengthen your argument!!!
dumb.JPG

seriously though, I couldn't see it on my monitor but it's probably something to do with no, or low anti-aliasing.

open your eyes or zoom. i have got a 19" screen and i can see it very well. it was in the gman vid, too

This is a tech demo for the source engine, not neccessairly hl2 the game. So these effects may not be their in the game.

MAY THE MARKETING BLITZ BEGIN!!!!!11.

Can't wait what they show throughout the week.

I want to sex Gabe Newell.....or have Cameron Diaz sex him instead.....I don't go for guys......ok I'm going to go eat some red meat and I don't know when I'll be home.

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
I want to sex Gabe Newell.....or have Cameron Diaz sex him instead.....I don't go for guys......ok I'm going to go eat some red meat and I don't know when I'll be home.
Step away from the computer........

Originally posted by asd
open your eyes or zoom. i have got a 19" screen and i can see it very well. it was in the gman vid, too

Yeah I saw them on the G-Man vid.

I agree some of the models don't seem welded together properly.

Back