New VtM:B preview!

Naw, thats not gonna happen. Look at this quote from a recent Homelanfed interview:

HomeLAN - Can you confirm that Trokia and Activision can not release Vampire: The Masquarade - Bloodlines until Half-Life 2 has been released for a period of time and if so can they still release the game as planned this fall?

Doug Lombardi - There is no time limit. It just cannot be released prior to HL2.

You can find it here: http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26901

ohh Raz u beat me to it lol and this confirms no multiplayer and do those new screens look a bit dodgy to anyone else

Dodgy? How, they look really really nice to me actually.

Dodgy? How, they look really really nice to me actually.

lol ok first things first dun flame or call me a troll just givin my opinion and in Australia we can do that. So if u dun like it find a shoulder to cry on cause these forums are a place to share opinions and thats wat im gonna do.

ok i bin wantin this game since i saw a preview of it in a PCPowerPlay mag basically it said it was a ****in awesome game and i believed em. since then my expectations have grown higher and higher for this game. But when i saw these new screenshots on gamespy i was pretty dissapointed to see that the quality of the graphics in the game aren't all they were talked up to be, take a look at these for example
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/566/566186/img_2417823.html
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/566/566186/img_2417828.html

pretty self explanatory. for a game thats based on source these screens look less than impressive, textures look dull and blurred, bump-mapping is used sparingly and im generally unimpressed with the way that these screens look considering its based on source which is a "next-gen" engine. I no its an RPG and graphics aren't the greatest aspect but if they are goin make a half arsed attempt why bother at all.

Personally i'm sick to death of all the marketing hype that surrounds many big games today and im sure im not the only one that is annoyed to find that it only fulfills half its promises ie. Doom 3 soz to all the Doom 3 fanboys out there.

i'm not not gonna buy the game just because of this issue but if this is any indication of wat the final product is goin to look like then ill b very dissapointed. but hey troika could surprise me and the graphics will b awesome aswell as the story. lets hope that wat they've sacrificed in looks, is made up by the gameplay. lets just wait and see.

lol glad i got that whinge of my chest feelin a lot better

MetalHead said:
lol ok first things first dun flame or call me a troll just givin my opinion and in Australia we can do that. So if u dun like it find a shoulder to cry on cause these forums are a place to share opinions and thats wat im gonna do.

Huh? Hey I just asked why you thought they where dodgy, it's not like I was shooting at you right?

ok i bin wantin this game since i saw a preview of it in a PCPowerPlay mag basically it said it was a ****in awesome game and i believed em. since then my expectations have grown higher and higher for this game. But when i saw these new screenshots on gamespy i was pretty dissapointed to see that the quality of the graphics in the game aren't all they were talked up to be, take a look at these for example
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/566/566186/img_2417828.html

The first screenshot: It looks quite OK to me, why does it have to be better than HL2, just cause it uses the source engine? Look at the dress that woman is wearing, looks great to me, no hooks no sharp edges. Sure, the AUG's back looks a bit vague, but still I think this is a really nice screenshot. Just compare this to UT2004 and I'm verry verry happy.

The secons screenshot: Look at the blending of the Nos. That looks freaking awesome! Tell me, what is so bad at this screen, it looks really atmospheric to me.

pretty self explanatory. for a game thats based on source these screens look less than impressive, textures look dull and blurred, bump-mapping is used sparingly and im generally unimpressed with the way that these screens look considering its based on source which is a "next-gen" engine. I no its an RPG and graphics aren't the greatest aspect but if they are goin make a half arsed attempt why bother at all.

Sorry, but I really do fail to see why these screens are so bad. Surely they are blurred a bit, but when you say bumpmapping, look at the pic1's skrit/whatevergirlscallthat. Sudddenly these days everything must look uber good. Surely they use the source engine, but why does it have to be as good a halflife? I still think they look enormously good.

Personally i'm sick to death of all the marketing hype that surrounds many big games today and im sure im not the only one that is annoyed to find that it only fulfills half its promises ie. Doom 3 soz to all the Doom 3 fanboys out there.

Amen!

[/QUOTE]i'm not not gonna buy the game just because of this issue but if this is any indication of wat the final product is goin to look like then ill b very dissapointed. but hey troika could surprise me and the graphics will b awesome aswell as the story. lets hope that wat they've sacrificed in looks, is made up by the gameplay. lets just wait and see.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have a chalange for you you do not have to do this when you don't want to(it's your time after all). But name me 3 games that are out at the moment that have better graphics than this game. So that would be Doom3 and...?

Hehe, and I just placed another one on it I'm afraid.
Hope this doesn't come over flamey or trollin' or something. just trying to start a discussion. :)

lol yer no probs mate us Australians dun take much to heart as i said its ur opinion

Ah great, everybody seems to be so frustrated on the internet these days. Even me at some times. Glad there are some relaxed guys around. :)

Its just that that room was so bland and boring if 60hrs of game are gonna b filled with crappy looking rooms like that then why not just make the game shorter but bump up the quality. Sometimes game devs confuse but hey they r teh professionals.

Just it reminds me of the blurring effects on GTAIII that was real bad i was looking at the screen again and to me it looks like an effect that appears when the noseraftu is invisible but i dunno. Your right it dus look atmospheric.

Sorry, but I really do fail to see why these screens are so bad. Surely they are blurred a bit, but when you say bumpmapping, look at the pic1's skrit/whatevergirlscallthat. Sudddenly these days everything must look uber good. Surely they use the source engine, but why does it have to be as good a halflife? I still think they look enormously good.

yer well the reason i think everything has to b uber good is because these devs, publisher and journos hype everything up so much and promise so much that they have to look good. And as they say sex sells in our case if it looks good its gonna sell look at Doom 3 even though it was pretty crap it sold plenty.

Amen!

At least we can agree on one thing

Well, I have a chalange for you you do not have to do this when you don't want to(it's your time after all). But name me 3 games that are out at the moment that have better graphics than this game. So that would be Doom3 and...?

Lol ok u got me there in terms of gameplay not much maybe CoD and i got so bored with Doom3 i've heard FarCray is good but i've never played it and that may look better than v:tm:b but as i said i've never played it. So yer u got a point there but at the moment CS:source which is a dumbed down version of source looks better than v:tm:b compared to those screenshots.

Hope this doesn't come over flamey or trollin' or something. just trying to start a discussion.

nah it didnt

Ah great, everybody seems to be so frustrated on the internet these days. Even me at some times. Glad there are some relaxed guys around.

lol i recon i swear half life 2 and this waiting game is the reason for everyone bein so shitty and it dusnt help when its pissin down rain in summer.

There's a new preview of Chinatown/Vampires over at IGN.

Guys this is the source engine - it's textures aren't as good as Doom3's or FarCry's but it's art and the animation is far superior, as is the style of both games (vampires + HL2.)

MetalHead said:

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/566/566186/img_2050643.html

i'm not not gonna buy the game just because of this issue but if this is any indication of wat the final product is goin to look like then ill b very dissapointed. but hey troika could surprise me and the graphics will b awesome aswell as the story. lets hope that wat they've sacrificed in looks, is made up by the gameplay. lets just wait and see.

I can understand some skepticism. However I don't think you have much to worry about really.

For every screenshot like the ones you posted there's another like these:

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/566/566186/img_2102553.html?fromint=1
http://img.gamershell.com/imagefoli...oodlines/VampireTheMasqueradeBloodlines01.jpg
http://img.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/RPG/Vampire_The_Masquerade_Bloodlines/BS2.jpg

I just think the screenshots don't always do the game justice. I too thought it didn't look all that great, but after watching all the videos I'm pretty convinced it's good. We will of course just have to wait and see though.

That said, there is something that does really bother me.

Look at this screenshot:

http://img.gamershell.com/imagefoli...The_Masquerade_Bloodlines/santamonica0022.jpg

See that light model? It is the exact same model that is in the CS:S office map. I find that strange.

yer they are nice screenshots but have u seen the new videos i'll admit sum look ace but others eg the mouse/bat video dusnt really appeal to me and hav u noticed how crap the AI looks

Back