New Weapon?

Axyon

Reaction score
So, after watching the huge e3 presentation video again, I noticed that split second footage of something after the zombie fighting in the graveyard. I notice it every time I watch the video, but never stop to check it out. So... this time I did, and hmm, there seems to be some kind of new weapon on the screen!

Take a look for yourselves, it appears to be some kind of pistol, in the resemblance of a Desert Eagle, maybe?

Attachments

• newweapon.jpg
    newweapon.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 749
Weren't we promised a colt .45 at some point? This could be it.

Its not the .45 colt, I know what it is....but not going to spoil it for people :)

i was waiting for someone to take a screenshot of that

uhmm... didnt you see the new pistol being used in the videos?

PatPwnt said:
uhmm... didnt you see the new pistol being used in the videos?

It's not the .357, looks nothing like it.

It is either a Desert Eagle or a shotgun of some sort. Or maybe some kind of laserweapon.

It looks like that gun alyx is holding in the concept art.

Where is this pistol you talk about... I just watched the video. The only pistol I saw, was the one in Gordon's hands.

They did not include this part in the E3 demo cause of the LAG they had during the explosion. If you remember the Student Trip vids, I think its number 10 or 6 vid.......where the lag happend.........that scen is from that Vid.

you can check the 6 or 10 vid to confirm if the weapon is A gun or not

PatPwnt said:
Where is this pistol you talk about... I just watched the video. The only pistol I saw, was the one in Gordon's hands.

The two pistols that are normally seen in the video are the HK USP Match and the .357 revolver, both in the attachment below. Compare those with the attachment in my first post, they're completely different.

Attachments

• twopistols.jpg
    twopistols.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 568
A better picture and I may be able to identify the weapon. :) but as of now it looks like either a .357 magnum (you can tell by the end sight) or a desert eagle. Perhaps it is something else. btw, I cant find it on the vid.

G0rgon said:
They did not include this part in the E3 demo cause of the LAG they had during the explosion. If you remember the Student Trip vids, I think its number 10 or 6 vid.......where the lag happend.........that scen is from that Vid.

What? dude those students saw the toolshed live, thats why it worked out different, the scene in that screenshot happens just after, its the end of the demo that popped up when the next demo loaded.

maybe thats not a pistol and is just the end of a longer gun, yo ucant see all of it from the screeny you posted

Heres a snip of that concept art of alyx..

Attachments

• Gun.jpg
    Gun.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 463
It looks a bit like the end of a Thomson SMG, Gordon's going DOD on our asses

maybe, a laser-sight equipped glock, or sawed of pump :)

Its the Colt magnum .44 pistol apperently you can lower your weapons just like gordon did when he was at eli's lab

Evil is correct. I was looking at my .357 magnum today and the end sight along with the gun looked how is does in the picture.

Oh sub questions. this gun lowering, is it like holstering or is it not to intimidate people?

EVIL said:
Its the Colt magnum .44 pistol apperently you can lower your weapons just like gordon did when he was at eli's lab

Ah, so it is. I thought it looked very much like the top of the magnum, but I couldn't figure out how it would be in that position - Gordon unholsters it in a completely different way, heh.

PatPwnt said:

Nice one, chief. He had two pistols in the e3 movie, the magnum (sry, don't know what calibur) and the "USP Match". The gun looks like a Desert Eagle to me.

hey, i was just about to post this but then i saw this thread, i got a some what larger pic that i guess ill post. ok, download the E3 2004 vid, extract it, go into quicktime and fast forward til 20:41, mess around with the pause until you get it, its worth it, Thanx Abom!!!

Thats not a magnum , looks Desert Eagle to me , but that would be redundant.

Look at that engine to the left, it's the same one from traptown. I wonder where the hell Father Gregory gets all this crap :upstare:

I posted this in another thread yesterday. I win!

But, I can't see the resemblance between this gun and the .357 Magnum. Even if it's turned down, I don't see the resemblance. It looks like the gun Alyx was holding in that concept art.

yeah if definetly not a holstered .357 You can see the sight is staight as is the barrel. Looks like the one in the concept art. If any of you have play Blue Stinger on Dreamcast, it kinda looks like the handheld rail gun. (Which is so cool i can barely handle it.)

Lol, guys, it IS the .357. It's just rotated to the right a bit. The sights look exactly the same, and you can even see part of the drum on the left side.

It's the third pistol.

If you watch the video on teh beah where the player switches to the Magnum you can see in the weapon select screen that there are 3 pistols.

I'm looking at it right now and I see two pistols in the menu. I could be blind though...

Hmm you're right it isn't where I said it was.

I'm sure I saw it though. I just need to remember where now.

Looks like the end of a Thompson gun in WWII , all i know is that its the 3rd pistol thing

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Hmm you're right it isn't where I said it was.

I'm sure I saw it though. I just need to remember where now.

It's in the E3 trailer, at the 1 minute mark.

X-Vector said:
It's in the E3 trailer, at the 1 minute mark.

So it is. Visual evidence for anyone that wants it:

Attachments

• newpistol.jpg
    newpistol.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 325
Abom that symbol could be the symbol for the MP7

Sparta said:
Abom that symbol could be the symbol for the MP7

Could be, but why would it be under the pistol category?

Back