new zombie pic

giller_ste

Reaction score
i touched up one of the released screenshots, so you can see the model in more detail, it seems that the headcrab has almost completely changed its host, and the host is pretty decayed

Attachments

• zombie.jpg
    zombie.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 904
Might just be that the headcrab's can't keep their host alive. They stay on the body untill it's too decomposed for continued perambulation and then leave to find another. Certainly seems to puts OpFor's: headcrab -> zombie -> superzombie -> alien slave transfomation to rest anyway.

mrchimp are are you and idiot. read my post again please. i edited the image so that people can see the zombie more clearly, if your are going to post crap, then don't post at all. but yeah, it does seem that the human host is decaying a lot, and snark^, i think that your theory is right, the headcrabs proabably just use the host until the host dies, and then they find another one, possibly the headcrabs gain energy from the hosts, and then the headcrabs can morph into the larger aliens...

Don't you guys see it? it is a DEAD body and a headcrab took it over and made it alive. Headcrab did not change anything - it just burrowed into a grave and took over a decomposing body.

snark^ said:
Might just be that the headcrab's can't keep their host alive. They stay on the body untill it's too decomposed for continued perambulation and then leave to find another. Certainly seems to puts OpFor's: headcrab -> zombie -> superzombie -> alien slave transfomation to rest anyway.

The theory going around in other threads about this pic...

It's in a graveyard. Most likely, the headcrabs in question have used recently dead bodies as their hosts (Like taking a Yugo over an SUV).

Seems to me that, although they can keep a living host alive and properly mutate it, they can't do the same for a dead one... probably just use it as a temporary habitation...

And the OP4 theory was actually more along the lines of Mawman -> Gonome -> Unknown -> Gonarch...

giller fixed your typo, great one btw :)

-

And no, the thread wont be locked or deleted providing there's no scans from magazines. And of course the usual reasons, they all remain. Those high res images though are allowed, we've spoken to Munro and while he's still unsure (and with good reason cause nobody seems to know where exactly they originally came from) he's allowing it, just don't abuse it. And don't be surprised if suddenly they all vanish. Depends on what Valve has to say about them I guess.

loofy said:
Don't you guys see it? it is a DEAD body and a headcrab took it over and made it alive. Headcrab did not change anything - it just burrowed into a grave and took over a decomposing body.

Now that you said that theory, it makes a lot of sense.

Brian Damage said:
Coming back to all these threads tomorrow is going to be interesting...
heh, well last night was fun, ALL night watching constantly. I managed to fall asleep around 7ish and ended up dreaming of those damn screenshots! lol. For some reason though if you zoomed in really close you could read very tiny writing in the images.. I must have been dreaming of using those apps they have on TV shows, you know the kind, they can get a CCTV image and enlarge a single pixel to a crystal clear image. Crazy.

giller_ste said:
mrchimp are are you and idiot. read my post again please. i edited the image so that people can see the zombie more clearly, if your are going to post crap, then don't post at all. but yeah, it does seem that the human host is decaying a lot, and snark^, i think that your theory is right, the headcrabs proabably just use the host until the host dies, and then they find another one, possibly the headcrabs gain energy from the hosts, and then the headcrabs can morph into the larger aliens...

Then why did you call it new??? I clicked on the attachment before reading and was just going on the thread title which is misleading.

Also it's a grave yard the headcrabs victimes arn't fresh in the first place, I don't think HL2 will contradict HL:OF.

Fenric said:
heh, well last night was fun, ALL night watching constantly. I managed to fall asleep around 7ish and ended up dreaming of those damn screenshots! lol. For some reason though if you zoomed in really close you could read very tiny writing in the images.. I must have been dreaming of using those apps they have on TV shows, you know the kind, they can get a CCTV image and enlarge a single pixel to a crystal clear image. Crazy.

After reading that Pczone article last night I dreamt I was messing about on the playground in City17 and the combine started walking over but instead of giving me trouble two of them got on the seesaws and a few more got out a skipping rope and started skipping and singing. Surreal :LOL:

G.Freeman said:
After reading that Pczone article last night I dreamt I was messing about on the playground in City17 and the combine started walking over but instead of giving me trouble two of them got on the seesaws and a few more got out a skipping rope and started skipping and singing. Surreal :LOL:

You scare me... :eek: :x

G.Freeman said:
lmao

ok you win, your dream was far weirder :p

G.Freeman said:
LMAO! Thats gotta be the greatest visual ever.

Anyone notice that the Zomebie appears to have a larger range of motion then the average Zombie.its in mid-air with its claws and feet wide apart like a large cat or animal thats just pounced.

It will probly be like those damn jumping mutants in FarCry.

If you ask me, those headcrabs aren't the kind we're familiar with from Hl1. They look more like the huge yellow ones stuck to the zombie in that old concept art.

The difference seems to be that they are larger, yellower and have thier front limbs crossed.

ummm.... I dont think that is a new type of zombie, I assumed that it was an infested corpse...the surrounding looks like a cemetary to me. cemetary = corpses + headcrab = dead zombie...

yeah but it seems much more mobile then your run of the mill variety,unless it fell of course.

if you've played opposing forces you will know that headcrabs that take over live hosts turn into huge hulking running zombies with a large mouth in the middle of their chests... the zombie in the pic just looks like the headcrab has taken over a host that was dead in the first place...

I'll have to agree with the idea of it being a previously dead host, it seem to fit well. Also it may be that we are going to see some much nastier and downright threatening versions of the venerable old zombie.
And he called it a new zombie, not a new pic.

i think the head crab dug up a body, it said in PCGAMER that you go to a cemetary so it could be a corpse

galoot3000 said:
i think the head crab dug up a body, it said in PCGAMER that you go to a cemetary so it could be a corpse

read the 5 posts behind you smartypants... :)

well it seems like since alot of the weight is gone from the body due to decomposition it allows the headcrab to go faster. Also note that i think its still trying to mutate the body. look at how the hands are, normal hands don't decompose into looking like that, so i'm thinking that even really decomposed corpses might still be able to be mutated.

I cant figure out how the zombie is moving...it doesnt appear to have any muscles... how could it run let alone jump?

Six Three said:
I cant figure out how the zombie is moving...it doesnt appear to have any muscles... how could it run let alone jump?

you obviously have not heard how powerful source is

(btw Im kidding around)

giller_ste said:
i touched up one of the released screenshots, so you can see the model in more detail, it seems that the headcrab has almost completely changed its host, and the host is pretty decayed

That´s a corpse dude, a headcrab on a corpse. How the Hell can a Headcrab parasite on corpse if there is nothing to feed on?

Victor2 said:
That´s a corpse dude, a headcrab on a corpse. How the Hell can a Headcrab parasite on corpse if there is nothing to feed on?

you'll have to ask the headcrab...

loofy said:

I concur.

Op4's zombies go...

head crab, zombie, super zombie

this skeleton zombie would seem to defy that process.

plus its a graveyard.

:cheers:

unless the headcrab infests a body just to assume the framework for the next step in mutation....

think about it, they dont really need those human bodies.. they just need the frame to get started on.. perhaps they use the body to fuel the process and even corpses have enough useable material to get started on.

what Im thinking is that the new zombies flesh is actually alien (take a closer look... the flesh looks weird.. Im thinking it was grown and is continually growing)

anywhoo thats the only logical conclusion I could come to when thinking how those things would actually move, and why a headcrab would bother with the body.

Mr. Redundant said:
anywhoo thats the only logical conclusion I could come to when thinking how those things would actually move, and why a headcrab would bother with the body.

Same reason a human may or may not resort to cannabalism, or, the less severe, resort to eating bugs and whatnot if one were stranded on a desert island. It's desperate for survival is what I would guess its reasons for choosing such a host.

AlCaponeXB said:
Same reason a human may or may not resort to cannabalism, or, the less severe, resort to eating bugs and whatnot if one were stranded on a desert island. It's desperate for survival is what I would guess its reasons for choosing such a host.
that may be true... the odd thing is the headcrab actually dug the body up (unless people are just left in front of tombstones in the near future)

but... then again do Headcrabs really need to use a human host as nourishment?
surely there must be other living beings, even other headcrabs (obviously since there isnt just one zombie)

whatever the case, its cool :)

my main problem is...

THERE IS NO MUSCLE TISSUE TO MAKE THE SKELETON MOVE!!!

shame shame SHAME Valve...and a bloody STUPID idea.

Back