Newish ESIV Shots!

SidewinderX

Reaction score
I, at least, haven't seen these before...

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050121011137914.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050121011142538.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050107104723667.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050107104727355.jpg

^ The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion.

my computer weeps ;(

All of our computers weep.

I can't say I really cared for Elder Scrolls (Morrowind at least), but damn those look good.

OMFG you are the biggest nub ever, these are like 10 years old! GODDD!!!...

I had never seen the second one before.

Veeeery pretty

and why are people still worried its gonna crawl, they'll have HAD to have fix the problem morrowind had with objects not hiding things behind them, otherwise getting this level of detail would have been simply impossible to work with. It'll run just fine on a decent machine.

Wow, that's cool. But you know what amazes me more than seeing screens like this of an unreleased game? Knowing that when it's released they won't be so amazing anymore :eek:

Bad^Hat said:
Wow, that's cool. But you know what amazes me more than seeing screens like this of an unreleased game? Knowing that when it's released they won't be so amazing anymore :eek:
I dunno so much, Morrowind sunsets have yet to be beat in any game, and so has its sky and just general "woah" feeling you get playing it.

Morrowind is one of the few RPGs that I actually played for more than a couple hours, and damn if Oblivion doesn;t look like the most beautiful game ever, so long as there's gameplay to match (and why wouldn;t there be?) this will be THE game of the year, no doubt in my mind

SidewinderX said:
I, at least, haven't seen these before...
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050107104723667.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050107104727355.jpg

Something a lot of people who never played morrowind wont realise, is everything on those tables, on the shelves, littered around the rooms can be picked up, used, moved, combined with other objects, in the case of weapons and armor used in battle and worn, with you being able to see the changes on your character. The tables and other furniture will be movable, hanging objects on walls, lighting up the place with candles and lanterns, building up collections, libraries and so on. Or just jump into the editor and build your own house inside and out, shape the landscape to how you want it, build yourself a castle or a small cottage, or import a tardis and have the inside much larger than the outside.

destrukt said:
^ it still has the true morrowind feeling :)
Yep definately. I can see me losing weeks/months fooling around in it, and then years once the mods start appearing to improve on it, add new features, add new area's to explore, new items to collect, oh its gonna be sooo cool :D I just hope the better heads collection makes it over along with the gothic armor, so I can use my favorite morrowind character still hehe.

I hope it runs well on my comp otherwise I'll have to do with the XB2 vers without the editor :(

I hope it runs well on my comp otherwise I'll have to do with the XB2 vers without the editor
Means no Plugins!!!
Muahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaaha x 10!!

Minerel said:
Means no Plugins!!!
Muahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaaha x 10!!
Morrowind without mods is like sex without a women, its fun sure, but you know your missing out on something better.

I feel sorry for the Xbox users, the mods are amazing and really make the game legendary IMO.

The Dark Elf said:
Morrowind without mods is like sex without a women, its fun sure, but you know your missing out on something better.

I think you said this just to bait me... :p

Yeah, but we also get the games a year before you :D (I wouldn't be saying this if my new 3D card worked).

I hope they include proper weapon and amor display cases/manequins for strongholds!

qckbeam said:
I think you said this just to bait me... :p
Ok for qckbeam "Morrowind without mods is like sex without a man, its fun sure, but you know your missing out on something better."

there :p hehe

Back