News stories of Steam spying on you are popping up everywhere!

Ralphus

Reaction score
Even though it was explained as a fat32 error, everyone from huge sites like fark.com to the stupid metal news site I visit are reporting that Steam is spyware.

WTF?

i have been a member of fark.com for years now and let me tell you, the admins check the headlines and that is it, they dont even open the story and read about it. any interesting headline makes it in.

Cause people read one site and assume it's news. If a website put up an article about how Valve is making you download a bomb into your computer and detonate them all at the same time to destroy the United Stated, they'd have the ****in' homeland security on their asses faster then you could ever imagine.

This is because people are studpid and believe what they read without questioning the information contained within.

Originally posted by Joneleth
Cause people read one site and assume it's news. If a website put up an article about how Valve is making you download a bomb into your computer and detonate them all at the same time to destroy the United Stated, they'd have the ****in' homeland security on their asses faster then you could ever imagine.

This is because people are studpid and believe what they read without questioning the information contained within.

Iraq might have WOMD!??

* bombed.

This world will never run out of idiots. They are inexhaustible resource.

i wonder if we can turn idiocy into electricity...that would be AWESOME.

Originally posted by Typhon
i wonder if we can turn idiocy into electricity...that would be AWESOME.

Yep, just by tapping up yanks, we would have enough power to ditch all nuclear plants. ;)

Originally posted by Reiska
Yep, just by tapping up yanks, we would have enough power to ditch all nuclear plants. ;)

Kekekekekekekke Stinging and ignorant political commentary where it doesnt belong , go you!!!

and, and by nuking you all, we wouldn't have to worry about world peace anymore ;)

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Kekekekekekekke Stinging and ignorant political commentary where it doesnt belong , go you!!!

You apparently didnt notice that yellow little smiley after my "brutal ignorant blablabla commentary". Well. Let me help you with that.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

One could think stuff like converting idiocy to electricity etc is not the stuff to be taken too seriously.

hey man, i'm telling you it could work.

Maybe you take an IQ test at age 5 and everyone below a certain level gets plugged into a matrix-like powerplant.

Is it true that steam forces internet access to play Single Player and LAN games?

It was something I was meaning to look up, but its a bit late atm. So if anyone knows for sure then I'd appreciate an answer.

Originally posted by gel
Is it true that steam forces internet access to play Single Player and LAN games?

It was something I was meaning to look up, but its a bit late atm. So if anyone knows for sure then I'd appreciate an answer.

Its not true.

Originally posted by gel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 4:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Will it never cease?

Me: I'm not sure if it will ever cease or not. The constant nagging question
that people are asking - Will Steam be required to have an internet
connection active when starting up a singleplayer game or a LAN game?

It's giving me a headache

Seen the petition yet?

Chris_D

Gabe: No, it won't.

There will be a brief transition (like two weeks) when it is necessary, but
then it will go away. It's a temporary issue.

Back