Next-gen Indy Jones title truly next-gen graphics AND gameplay!!! (screens+info)...

Reaction score
Link.

At its current state, the technology behind it is so impressive, you could call it Indiana's Fairy Princess Adventure and it wouldn't deter interest in the slightest. And by "current state," you should understand the game is more than a year away from completion. As such, developers have only finished a small portion of the actual game. As absurd as it sounds, though, the technology behind the game is what's truly exciting. And it's so for a very simple reason: it just hasn't been used before now. But after watching a 40-minute demonstration, it's abundantly clear it has the potential to change the way you play games.
Now for the good stuff. Indiana Jones stands on two pillars of wicked-cool technology. Each lends the game an extreme degree of unpredictability; the first through advanced physics and the other through artificial intelligence.
indiana-jones-working-title-20060508010755525-000.jpg
indiana-jones-working-title-20060508011531114-000.jpg

This title sounds finally worthy of the Indiana Jones name! This should blow most other "next-gen" stuff out of the water!! I can't wait!!

Looks like this game won't have Nazi's in it...oh well, looks good otherwise

Cool. I haven't been impressed with an Indy game since the 256-color Last Crusade.

...never played fate of Atlantis, though...

That article absolutely reeks of Hype. Pure, unadulterated Hype.

New Technology! Next-Gen!!

This is important, take notice of our NEW TECHNOLOGY! NEVER BEFORE SEEN NEXT-GEN TECH! It's next-gen and technology! Are you excited yet?!?! Why the hell not?!! 'cause we ARE!!!!!!!111! NEXt-GEN TECH ON YOUR PC!! AMAGAD.>!>!>!!

Seriously, we gave our AI and physics systems their own names!! How awesome is that?!?! They must SURELY be wicked-cool!

....technology!! NEW!!

And this paragraph makes me want to hit someone:

And then came the explosive barrels. Since part of the game takes place in Chinatown, it's only fitting that barrels full of fireworks litter the streets. While it's unclear exactly how they'll react in the finished product, theses barrels explode whenever something touches them.

Urgh. I'm in a bad mood now.

*cough* /compose

It does look kinda cool, though.

The 'euphoria' tech sounds incredible... if it makes it into the final game as described, that shit will be bananas. B A N A N A S.

The good part is all that cool tech.

The bad part it's used in a game with the lame Indiana Jones theme.

How much cooler would this be in, well, ANY other type of game?

PvtRyan said:
The good part is all that cool tech.

The bad part it's used in a game with the lame Indiana Jones theme.

How much cooler would this be in, well, ANY other type of game?
It should be in the next-gen Star Wars stuff they are working on too, if that's any consolation....

I personally love the Indy franchise and really want it to get the grade A treatment. Fate of Atlantis is one of the absolute best gaming experiences I have ever had and you are missing out if you have never played it.

My opinion, until I play it for myself of course, is along the lines of Kage. People are throwing the word "next gen" around too much. It'd be different if someone actually delivered something next gen. Maybe this will do it, maybe it won't, but I won't believe a next gen title until I actually play one.

I do hope the tech is as revolutionary as they claim.

looks good but it still look to..comput-er-ish ya know...

Fishlore said:
My opinion, until I play it for myself of course, is along the lines of Kage. People are throwing the word "next gen" around too much.
Um, if you read the article, guess what? THEY AGREE WITH YOU and everyone else who thinks this! They are not just throwing the words "next-gen" around here--they are using them in a case where it is finally applicable. They back all of this up with specific discussion about the nature of these gameplay advances.

I can sort of understand why you are all such cynics since the phrase "next-gen" has been used in such ridiculous circumstances heretofore, but this certainly sounds like it is indeed worthy of the moniker.

VictimOfScience said:
Um, if you read the article, guess what? THEY AGREE WITH YOU and everyone else who thinks this! They are not just throwing the words "next-gen" around here--they are using them in a case where it is finally applicable. They back all of this up with specific discussion about the nature of these gameplay advances.

I can sort of understand why you are all such cynics since the phrase "next-gen" has been used in such ridiculous circumstances heretofore, but this certainly sounds like it is indeed worthy of the moniker.

Which is the precise reason I said what I did. I read the article before posting and I'm fully aware of what was said within it. If I wanted to comment on the article itself I would have done that at IGN. I'm having a discussion with people here. You say the term is finally applicable and I say I'll wait to play it before I say that. Seeing that they really don't have a game yet, rather a tech demo, it means I'll be waiting a long time.

the writer makes a few glaring errors ..he calls Indiana: India and Indian a few times ...kind of a bad word to screw up considering the article is about indiana jones

hopefully everything described pans out as this looks like a true leap forward in terms of gameplay

the article isnt all hype:

IGN said:
(and the recently released official trailer that hit the net just moments ago doesn't even come close to what the game does…the trailer simply doesn't look so hot. We honestly don't know what happened there)

Fishlore said:
You say the term is finally applicable and I say I'll wait to play it before I say that. Seeing that they really don't have a game yet, rather a tech demo, it means I'll be waiting a long time.
'Nuff said. Having low expectations should only serve to impress you further upon release! :p

CptStern said:
the writer makes a few glaring errors ..he calls Indiana: India and Indian a few times ...kind of a bad word to screw up considering the article is about indiana jones
I think they were just in a hurry to get the news out to people asap. I'm willing to take a few spelling errors when the information itself is this tasty. :cheese:

ya it's just that the editor should have picked up on that ..spellcheck ftl

in any event it does sound thrilling ...I'd like to see the tech applied to other genres

VictimOfScience said:
'Nuff said. Having low expectations should only serve to impress you further upon release! :p

LOL I hope so, that's the plan at least. I fully expect it to be a great game don't get me wrong. But ultra low expectations have been the only thing keeping me going through the current gen of gaming.

I realise it's unfinished, but in regards to "next-gen graphics", they look like xbox/ps2 with HDR.

Fishlore said:
But ultra low expectations have been the only thing keeping me going through the current gen of gaming.
Hahahaha! Indeed, the wisdom of Fishlore knows no bounds. :cheers:

This game could turn out very good or very bad. Ill wait and see.

Raziel-Jcd said:
This game could turn out very good or very bad. Ill wait and see.

Dude, wtf? Where's the exclamation marks? :(

Back