Nice to see modding news

Rupertvdb

Reaction score
it's great to see modders are getting into the Gold spirit of things with lots of lovely updates... i can't wait for the HL2 community to flourish it's going to be a great time for gaming.

Rupertvdb said:
it's great to see modders are getting into the Gold spirit of things with lots of lovely updates... i can't wait for the HL2 community to flourish it's going to be a great time for gaming.

Yeah......some of those mods sound really really awesome...

I hope they actually get finished...... :cheers:

Ye, 1 of the most interesting things about hl2.net is the way they keep us updated with modding news.

I'm looking foward to playing some of these mods, specially a Riot controll one i hear about recently (cant remember the name)

Yogibbear said:
I hope they actually get finished...... :cheers:

I can't see even half of them being finished. Some of them are so ambitious for amateur mods, it's to the point of ridiculousness.

KagePrototype said:
I can't see even half of them being finished. Some of them are so ambitious for amateur mods, it's to the point of ridiculousness.

While that may be true, some may contain ideas worth pursuing if the original mod makers give up. And, it doesn't hurt to encourage, or assist if possible.

Lots of them will die off once the modders realize how much work is involved. Time and organization are essential to building a decent mod. Add some creativity to make a really good one.

Does anybody know why they are so obsessed with showing off weapon renderings?

panzaman said:

Because they have nothing else to show, besides concept art.

panzaman said:

I actually posted a thread asking this same question and there is no real answer. They are cool, and the developers are getting practice with the moled software, even if the renders get chopped up for production.

I'm not a fan of the weapons renders, but I do like the vehicle ideas some people come up with.

EDIT: Maybe some people try to build a mod around certain favorite weapons? I don't know.

I can't remember the last time I've looked to a weapon in a game and said "uhm, what a nice model"

Well, it's fun for them and we get nice weapons renders to look at. :cool:

there have been characters and vehicles released and some map props, so it's not just weapons! ;)

Back