Nihilanth and the combine *Spoilers for half life*

This is why i want to get Half Life 2, i wanna see what happens, and the best part is. Its bound to better then Matrix 2 and 3 :D

That's it! I'm going to have to play through HL1 again.

I think:

"not you alone"
It either means "You cannot destroy the enemy alone" or "You won't be alone"

"comes another" might be refering to another hero to come

"We are all slaves"
Could mean that the combine had invaded there planet, and they had took over nihilanth's body, turning him into a cyborg, using his powers to control the rest of xen.

the only humans who whent to xen were some scientists, Freeman Shepard and Barney.

the only two realistic ones being Freeman/shepard.

you know.... i think we are all just analising something that was never meant to mean anything.

Some1 email gabe and ask him if anything the fat baby moaned about is answered or reffered to in Hl2.

Okay, let's pretend we live in a magical world where it meaning nothing is impossible.

Hey, that's a cool thread. I wonder if I can find that website that has the story from Xen...?

maybe Gabe ans all the creators team of Half Life dont hav the complete history(but I dont think so)and maybe they made all that about "slaves,we are they slaves" and all that stuff because they dont hav idea about the big sucess what they game will hav when they release to sell in 1998
or maybe we are the bads guy, and the combine are humans who want to take control of Xen an d G-man want to take control of Xen to,and we are the villains because we are atacking Xen,and in HL2 the combine and G-man(whit freeman and everibody who we know)are fighting to get all the control of Xen
but I still in my litle(and not real)teory of the superiors beigns that I post in the page 2

Some interesting ideas here.

I don't think it's plausible to say Valve didn't already have the whole story worked out when they made HL1.

I think someone needs to read the book upon which Half-Life is based.

I've read The Mist by Stephen King. It's in Skeleton Crew if you want to get it.

It's probably one of Kings best short story's and was also influence for the Silent Hill series of games as well as Half-Life, cool eh?

Oh and I think the G-man is the "administrator" (Black Mesa is a government reasearch facility, so it makes sense) and is in league with the combine and he used Freeman in order to destroy the Nihilanth and allow the Combine invasion.

Dark Auro said:
Well, Shephard was in Opposing Force and I don't think it was even around when Half-Life was released. So I doubt he was referring to Shephard.

I don´t think it referres to Shephard either but just so you know. Valve had planed op-force and blue shift during the development of the HL.

"PHL: How much of Half-Life 2 did you have in mind when you were writing the story for Half-Life? Has the story evolved much during development?

Marc Laidlaw: The specter of a sequel loomed large near the end of Half-Life’s development, but it never figured into the original storyline. The immediately obvious sequel ideas were spun off into Opposing Force and Blue Shift right away. But our main concern was to leave things open enough so that we could do what we wanted to do with Half-Life 2 when we had time to actually design the game."

Maybee Im just talking bs but.. What the hell.. ;)

Slaves...we are their slaves....
Could be an ironic reflection on the nature of our society, or a cryptic clue to HL2. Maybe both.

i'm not sure how much this has been discussed, but i've got a theory. okay, while at xen, we see two drastically different types of architecture. we see the organic looking stuff, and we see the technological stuff.

organic will have been there first, and i'm thinking the technological stuff is combine.

xen1.JPG

notice that the two metallic looking structures are similar to that big huge combine building. the round cylinders move up and down similar to what i've seen in a bink video in the back ground.

here:

xen.JPG

we see, as we travel farther into xen, more of that metallic architecture with the slight organic look to it.

okay and now my theory goes to crap because i can't find a ss or concept art thing that supposedly was from inside the combine building. but the inside of that building looked a bit like this stuff on xen. oh and i think race-x from oppfor are the antlion guys. (one of those spidery looking things looks JUST LIKE an antlion guard or whatever[the big one])

edit: okay okay... now (this has been mentioned... i'm sure i saw it somewhere) the xen masters, grunts, etc ... those guys are invading xen,... (hmm home of race x? ) and are transforming it to their own thing... through the use of their tech. okay now, g-man and his people (like the admin) see power here, send in the army and all this, kill nihilanth, take over xen, and then combine human dna with the alien dna and create the combine forces, that gman's cronies will use to take over the world. ... and other worlds.

of course there's a lot that could easily make my theory go to hell, but eh.

Even if tyhey did just throw some stuff into the game to make for a sequel, they probably wrote the sequel it so it fits into the first game...

Most of you seem to forget that there is no Xen race.

Xen is a world, and the Xen fauna includes races like the headcrab, etc.

The monsters, which have a 3rd arm sticking out of their stomachs, seem to belong to one race though (Alien slaves, alien grunts, Controllers, Nihillanth...)

Back