No AA In Halo?

Dark Auro

Spy
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I got Halo the other day and noticed when I play the AA isn't showing in Halo when its set for 4x AA. Anyone know how to fix this?

Im pretty sure its a known problem, the only thing I can say is this:
The game is crap.

It might be fun (alltho I got bored quick) but the code is crap.

very badly coded port, worse then splinter cell even.

Nope, AA is not supported. It only screws the game more and the FPS takes a huge blow with it enabled, even if it isnt working. People with older cards like the Ti cards have been reported to run 5x better then newer DX 9 cards.

Obviously the game wasnt tested right, damn microsoft...

well they cant make it look better than there precious Xbox... after all why would they want people to buy a pc cos its 100x's better...

TheRook

p.s. why dont we get HL2 for the Xbox??!? oh yea... cos it will be shit!
:bounce:

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Nope, AA is not supported. It only screws the game more and the FPS takes a huge blow with it enabled, even if it isnt working. People with older cards like the Ti cards have been reported to run 5x better then newer DX 9 cards.

Well, the DX9 cards usually also run 5x the details :)
Anyway, yeah, the game is extremely poorly coded, mostly cause I dont understand it. I can achieve 60+ fps in high poly areas (ie big outdoors with lots of enemies (10+)) and as low as 30 fps staring at a wall or 1 enemy. It doesnt make any sense. Also, I have to use 800x600 as 10x7 takes FAR to much hit. My fps get cut in half. And that's unplayable, as the fps usually range from 30-70 (average at around 60). Halving it would be to low. Question is if FSAA makes a bigger or smaller hit... I havent tried, one have to fiddle with disabling rendertargets and such.

Trilinear filtering isnt supported either btw.

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri

Actually it was Gearbox who did the port. It's a shame it turned out so bad (from what I've heard), sinse their work on Opposing Force was so good.

Originally posted by $pazmatazz
Actually it was Gearbox who did the port. It's a shame it turned out so bad (from what I've heard), sinse their work on Opposing Force was so good.
It isnt that bad. Its just that it could be much better if they would have made it a dedicated PC game from the start.

The bad part (its fully playable for me in terms of fps, I dont count that) is that on some levels its a true annoying console game. Repetitive to the extreme, and not THAT pretty enviroments to boot. I just went through the levels where you have to move through a complex to find the index. Constant attacks from those zombie thingies. And the same enviroments over and over and over again... At one time I just stood looking in two directions wondering where the hell I came from and where the hell I was going, it all looked the same :p
And before it was those covenant parts... Walk over bridge, go through hall, come to circle, kill aliens. Go through hall, come to circle, kill aliens. Go through hall, come to circle, kill aliens. Then finally, go through hall, come to big outdoor area, kill aliens. Then go through hall, come to circle, kill aliens. Go through hall... And so on...

So all in all, the technical issue can be overcomed if you just play it. The gameplay issues cant. I'm still finding it good to play though, better than Unreal II despite the repetitive levels.

Agreed dawdler, I get playable FPS too, but the game is just boring :|
I might try to see what FPS I get with different shader versions, theres something you can add to the commandline to use older shaders, think its like -use 11 and -use 14 or something, should be interesting to see what FPS I get and take screenies to see how the image quality / effects look..

Back