No BunnyHoP in HL2 ?

Originally posted by Abom|nation
I meant natural as in it's not supposed to be there. Boo-hoo, it's not in HL2, go cry me a bucket.
How would a bucket come out of your tear ducts?

LOL.. CS is realistic.. hehe where do they get it from!

There will be never any realistic games, it would be too boring. But there is different levels of realism, and CS has some degree of realism to it.

righte0us, yeah right, bhoppying saved TFC. Maybe it saved CS too? I remember after 1.4 came out, everybody was saying it will be death of CS. Well guess what? Same people were saying the same thing after CS went retail (1.0 version). I don't even consider people who bhoppe all the time as skilled players, they are like cheaters. Same thing goes to people who always try to adjust their config files or people who change player models. Skilled players take advantage of team play or learn different strategy for each map\use of weapon (goes in case of DM), not bugs\hacks.

Don’t even start with “but it is fun, and that’s what counts”. Hacks are fun too for some people, does it mean everybody should hack?

Originally posted by deepers
how do you bunnyhop? i tried it a couple times and i can't really figure it out.

You cant do it anymore, in CS anyway, dunno about TFC havent played that since the new models came out :p

If it is a Q3,HL1,UT kind of gameplay i accept bunny jumping..but in games like CS it just dont fit in

BH discussions. Oldest shit ever.

First, we're talking about DEATHMATCH here. So if you don't even play HLDM you really shouldn't care about the subject. Do not worry there will be THOUSANDS of "realistic" HL2 mods with no bunny jumping, strafe jumping, trick jumping or any weapon jumping fun madness.

Now, for all those who say "bunnyjumping is a bug, therefore it should not stay in the game" - you're right, bunnyjumping IS a bug in the first place, but you're totally missing the point. Is it a reason to disable it? Hell no. If it's fun and it results in a much better game than the original idea, then why remove it? It's just stupid. So the real question is: is the game better thanks to bunnyjumping?

Look at Quake for exemple, the community found bunnyjumping quite cool and hoped something similar would be in Quake 2. That's why you have strafe jumping in Quake 2, it's not exactly bunny jumping but it's still a jump technique to gain speed. It was supposed to be some sort of compromise. You still have strafe jumping in Q3, and some mod developers have even added bunnyjumping back in the game (CPMA mod).

So, bunnyjumping in HL2DM? That depends on what Valve are aiming for. But if they're aiming for their Deathmatch gamemode to become popular and competitive and give an alternative to the Quake and UT series, they definitely have to include some movement techniques, trickjumps, weapon jumps, air control etc.. to get a fast pace in the game. Longjump, gauss gun, air control and bunnyjumping are the key elements that make HLDM different from Quake 3 and UT. They're what makes HLDM unique and stand out from those other games. HL2DM could be a great follow-up to HLDM and keep those key elements. But it doesn't look like Gabe New'b'ell wants that.

Don't worry though HLDM players, a deathmatch mod is definitely possible. And yes it's possible to change the player physics in a mod. But it'd be tons better to have a good solid DM directly from valve.

I am hoping for a different type of deathmatch. Wide open maps, sniper rifles. Running around like a jack ass, kill get killed kill get killed kill get killed just isnt fun anymore. it is waay more satisfying to hunt someone down and get a headshot in. people who want lame jump tricks should stick with unreal.

Originally posted by Koldfire
I am hoping for a different type of deathmatch. Wide open maps, sniper rifles. Running around like a jack ass, kill get killed kill get killed kill get killed just isnt fun anymore. it is waay more satisfying to hunt someone down and get a headshot in. people who want lame jump tricks should stick with unreal.

very correct :)... hunting gives a more haunting feel to the game and would be amazing with HL2 physics.... the possiblitys of setting traps and true city warfare in a fantasy setting would be amazing.

on a separate note who was it who called the maker of the game a Newbie.... idiot

Originally posted by righte0us
bhop has no place in TFC? are you ****ing high or something? if it wasn't for bhop and strafe jumping TFC WOULD BE DEAD.
Do you actually think the HWguy is meant to be as fast as a scout? they have different speeds for reason, that's why I think bunnyhopping as no place in TFC. But I don't see any reason why it should be taken out of DM.

Originally posted by Koldfire
Suppose you want a radar too huh? Do you even play DM? Cause you actually do hunt people down and try getting HS, and to be honest I'd rather have a crossbow than sniper rifle anyday. If you think DM is boring, hate to imagine what you think of CS (a game were you can have dinner, shower, and goto shops ingame).

Originally posted by gel

Suppose you want a radar too huh? Do you even play DM? Cause you actually do hunt people down and try getting HS, and to be honest I'd rather have a crossbow than sniper rifle anyday. If you think DM is boring, hate to imagine what you think of CS (a game were you can have dinner, shower, and goto shops ingame).

Nope.... no radar makes things better ;) it doesn't matter what weapon you use....... look its time for something different.... DM has been done well..... it's time to move on :p

Bozo, I really don't think theres any point of discussing this. It should be very clear from their statements that they have no clue about competitive gaming.

I found that AVP2 was very good. I used to love the maps where the game mode was Hunter. You would have all these hapless humand running around (With a radar) trying to hide, then maybe 2 predators jumping around hunting you down. I loved being a human standing at the end of a corridor, then seeing some flashes and hearing some gunshots coming from around the corner. All of a sudden there would be silence, and the person would be saying something about how close that was. Then you would hear the grunt of the person having their head cut off and the scream of the predator as it claimed its prize. You would see something down ther but wouldnt quite be sure if it was a cloaked pred or your imagination. So you would fire a grenade and run for your life.

It could be so atmospheric especially when people played along with the idea and didnt should n00b cheatin aimbot etc.
Anyway this is kind off topic but i jsut wanted to say it.

Originally posted by impaqt
Bozo, I really don't think theres any point of discussing this. It should be very clear from their statements that they have no clue about competitive gaming.

No, we just have a opinion.

Originally posted by impaqt

No, of course we don't have a clue.. really I mean look at it:

We are opposing Your viewpoint and therefore Our opinion of not based on anything substantial at all.

Oh the Hypocracy

Look... don't assume we have never played DM competitively because we disagree with you.... we (I) believe that Bunnyhopping shouldn't have a place in a game that is looking to push forward boundries.

i hope the DM isnt like some cheesy FPS where you can just run around in circles shooting everything and it takes 10 MG clips to kill somebody and you dont feel like you take damage when your running around.

god, atleast one person here has a brain.
/me hugs MrBozo, a fellow SI player

rats, i just learned how to bunny hop... :sigh:

See, you already proved my point.

The first you did was offend me.
When I said you didnt have any competitive gaming experience it wasn't an insult. Just a pointer to those counter-argumenting you.

I can name so many perfect reasons to why bunnyjumping is good for 1on1/tdm gameplay.

This subject has been so thought through in REAL dm communities before. I suggest you read a few articles from www.promode.org

It's got some great in-depth analysing of DM gameplay and why bunnyjumping + other movement tricks are good for 1on1/tdm.

But I very clearly see your point and certainly agree with it when it comes to the type of DM you want.

But those who "crave" bunnyjumping wants something more serious, something where skill makes you the best. I'm not saying sniping and camping aint a skill, cause it certainly is. But there should be other forms of skill too, like movement, itemtiming, teamplay(if tdm), aiming, prediction, strategy and tactics.

And a slow DM with hitscan weapons tends to tilt into the aim/teamplay/camping only category. But it sure is fun though.

Back