no episode 3 2008.

dcxs

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before. ( I bet it has and I will delete this post then ;) )
Anyway Doug Lombardi pretty much comfirms that there will be no ep3 this year.

Shack: What else is going on at Valve?

Doug Lombardi: Right now Left 4 Dead is our big game for this year. We'll be making some announcements probably at the end of the year in terms of what's happening beyond Left 4 Dead. But right now, we're going to keep pumping out new content for Team Fortress, and ship Left 4 Dead, and that's basically what's on tap for 2008. We've got some new stuff for Steam as well that we're gonna be announcing at the end of May.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=874

No surprise, it'd seem a little rushed if it did come out this year.

I was just so badly gutted, I don't think I can even muster a sarcastic or even witty response.

It's not your fault, don't worry about it.

Yeah EP3 I would estimate around next summer to next fall, chirstmas at the latest. But Left4Dead looks cool.

No real surprise.

No real suprise, who cares. This is bigger than Jesus.

It's bigger than John F. Kennedy being assasinated.

It's bigger than the freaking hotdog.

And you sir cannot, and will not disagree.

No real suprise, who cares. This is bigger than Jesus.

It's bigger than John F. Kennedy being assasinated.

It's bigger than the freaking hotdog.

And you sir cannot, and will not disagree.

But it's not bigger... than...

YOUR MOTHER!

oh diss.

Less than a year is not enough time for Valve to make a game, considering they already have Left 4 Dead to work on. If it came out this year it'd have to be almost exactly the same graphically to ep2, with not well-thought out design, something we'd never expect from a HL game.

So I'm guessing Ep3 isn't an episodic length, but feature length

I just want to see where the story will be going

So I'm guessing Ep3 isn't an episodic length, but feature length

I just want to see where the story will be going

Half-Life 2: Episode Three will not be feature length.

It will be longer than life.

And when each of us have died while playing through a maximum of the second level, children from birth will be made to play it, while nanobot roam through their bodies, keeping them alive for the centuries required to finish the game.

Well, this'll be most likely the first time we'll be seeing a fulfilling end to a HL game, and since alot of us have been playing HL and it's sequels throughout our childhood, it's gonna be pretty big.

I do tihnk ep3 will be the longest of the episodes, but not as long as HL2.

Saints right. This could well be an end of the half life series, at least in its current form. Given that it is the seminal game series for many of us, it needs to be perfect.

It's probably a guarantee that ep3 won't be out by the end of 08, but interpreting this statement as a "pretty much confirmation" seems a bit foolish. If ep3 was slated for an 08 release i doubt very much that Doug Lombardi would let that info slip in an interview having nothing to do with the half life series, especially after over half a year of silence from valve on this issue. Obviously valve is keeping the project shrouded in secrecy for a reason, this article doesn't confirm anything.
There is always hope

Nothing new, and from previous examples of release dates from Valve, we can deduct just this.

No Suprise...

As long as they keep TF2 up to date, I am happy as pie :D

I'm not surprised that it won't be out this year and, as ever, if a delay here or there means it'll be a better game then that's just fine by me. However, Valve clearly never got the hang of the regular-release aspect of episodic gaming they trumpeted so mightily at the start, which is a bit grating to be honest.

I'm not surprised that it won't be out this year and, as ever, if a delay here or there means it'll be a better game then that's just fine by me. However, Valve clearly never got the hang of the regular-release aspect of episodic gaming they trumpeted so mightily at the start, which is a bit grating to be honest.

Wasn't there an interview with somebody where they said they knew the episodic format hadn't worked out like they hoped in that regard? I got the impression they were done with it after releasing Ep3.

Valve's expectancy is next summer or fall. Based on this it will most likely come out around Spring 2016.

BG&E 2, Fallout 3, KOTOR 3, and C&C3: Kane's Wrath should tide you over for awhile...

Ironically, it will come out tomorrow

Actually, it came out 2001. You guys missed it, was a lot of fun. You return to Black Mesa, except this time..... you loose your HEV suit and all the American Soldiers are helping you fight the black ninja combine. At the end you fight a giant Combine Boss with green tentacles.

Then at the end G-man says "I'ma put ya hur" and he leaves you in stasis forever.

I reckon (at best) late 2009, but likely 2010 sometime. Just a drunk guess, but yeah, no surprise for me its not this year :burp:

Actually, it came out 2001. You guys missed it, was a lot of fun. You return to Black Mesa, except this time..... you loose your HEV suit and all the American Soldiers are helping you fight the black ninja combine. At the end you fight a giant Combine Boss with green tentacles.

Then at the end G-man says "I'ma put ya hur" and he leaves you in stasis forever.

**** you're foolish. That was Blue Shift, the expansion. God I hate you.

If I had to guess I would say that Half-Life 2: Ep. 3 is going to come out in February of 09'. Episode One -> Episode Two took 16 months, so 16 months after Episode 2 is February of 09'. YAY!

Back