No Gluon gun?

Alientank

Reaction score
Tell me there's one in the game, this gun kicked the crap out of the gauss gun even, I loved the Gluon, it was the ultimate badass weapon of HL1, ripped through everything.

Alientank said:
Tell me there's one in the game, this gun kicked the crap out of the gauss gun even, I loved the Gluon, it was the ultimate badass weapon of HL1, ripped through everything.

damn man.. i read your Signature as a part of your post..
it is too long... kthx

Type Gluon Gun in google, then selct images
I Loved this gun too.

The Gluon gun is the weapon that fires a continuous blue energy beam. Perhaps they have upgraded it as they have done with the Tau cannon.

it was sometimes called the Egon gun as well, i think. That and the Guass Gun were the two energy weapons from HL1.

The gluon gun I believe was the one that looked like a giant vaccum cleaner.

they're different.

The Gauss gun is the gun that charges up and releases a laser

The GLUON gun is the gun that releases a continuous blue energy beam that twisted around and gibbed everything in its path.

Gluon was ok in single player but a bad weapon to include in multiplayer maps, its too easy to kill with that weapon, no skill is needed.

Gluon gun aka egon aka firehose of death. I never liked this weapon, and to this day it's considered lame to use it in hldm because it's so much more powerful than anything else in the game.

just look up, someone posted a link with a picture
gluon gun - blue beam - continous
guass gun - yellow beam - bursts - you can charge it

btw a question: whats the use of the secondary function (gluon gun)

gordon uses that little stick and turns it to the left. but still no effect

The Gluon Gun was awesome for killing a crowd of weaker thingies.

Gluon gun... the name suggests that it destabilises matter... basically disintegrating it by removing the bonds in the nuclei of its atoms. Maybe the Striders' cannons are the new version of the Gluon Gun? They seem to disintegrate things, and they're blue, but they pulse.

There was a secondary use in one of the expansions, blue shift i think where it took you to different places to pick up extra stuff.

JohnnyBeverage said:
There was a secondary use in one of the expansions, blue shift i think where it took you to different places to pick up extra stuff.

That was the teleporter gun, not the gluon gun, and it was in Opposing Force, not Blue Shift. :) It's primary fire was to teleport enemies elsewhere.

hate the gun its to powerfull its like a instagib weapon
needs to be less powerfull....
i really dont care if its left out
unless there is a much weaker vision in mp i dont care.

KagePrototype said:
That was the teleporter gun, not the gluon gun, and it was in Opposing Force, not Blue Shift. :) It's primary fire was to teleport enemies elsewhere.

Its been a long time since i played opposing force, my memory obviously failed me. Thanks for the correction.

KagePrototype said:

I could teleport some of my enemies into the homes of some of my other enemies.

Woooo!

Ugh.. Why start an entirely new thread on this? I saw another thread that began talking about the gluon gun, why not post there? Instead of wasting forum space... I'm sorry, but you new members really need to stop making so many threads. 5 to 15 percent of your posts are new threads. That's not right. 80% of the time what you posted has been discussed.

Now, on topic... The gluon gun wasn't really the best. It had a short range. The Gauss gun was nice. You could even jump around with it. ^^

Talking about the gluon gun non gameplay-wise, it was WAY too loud. Heh, got kind of annoying.

vegeta897 said:
Ugh.. Why start an entirely new thread on this? I saw another thread that began talking about the gluon gun, why not post there? Instead of wasting forum space... I'm sorry, but you new members really need to stop making so many threads. 5 to 15 percent of your posts are new threads. That's not right. 80% of the time what you posted has been discussed.

Now, on topic... The gluon gun wasn't really the best. It had a short range. The Gauss gun was nice. You could even jump around with it. ^^

Talking about the gluon gun non gameplay-wise, it was WAY too loud. Heh, got kind of annoying.

And 70-80% of us older member's threads are just crap posts to raise our post count :LOL:

Off topic: The gluon gun looks like summit out ghostbusters

Ontopic: i doubt its in the game , it will look out of place as its not in blakck mesa

I didn't like the Gluon gun, it was just too bizzare (not even the hornet gun was as bad). And the sound it made hurt my ears. I'd rather see more ballistic weapons rather than energy weapons, although the Gauss was cool.

The gluon was pretty powerful in MP, but an experienced person with the gauss was much deadlier - gauss = 1 shot kill once powered up, with the gluon you had to hold it on the enemy, which is tricky if they're running around quickly or long-jumping or especially gauss-jumping, and as soon as there were 2 or 3 enemies on the screen at once, you could only kill 1 at a time (and you'd need to track them), making you fairly vulnerable to the other two.

Whereas the gauss gun can kill anyone in 1 hit, so you don't have to track them for as long, just have to get a lucky shot at people who are long-jumping/gauss jumping (much easier than a series of lucky shots with the gluon). Also the gauss gun can kill multiple people in 1 line (most I've seen was 5) and also go through some walls, with the potential to kill others (I've killed 1 person + 2 on the other side of a wall this way). The gauss also uses less ammo to kill 1 individual person than the gluon does.

In short, the gluon is good for newbies, but if you were a pro, the gauss was shockingly unbalanced and by far the cheapest gun in the game.

switch said:
Well we arent in black mesa anymore so theres no real reason for it to be in the game.

Yes but there is still the Gauss gun, albeit stuck on a buggy, so perhaps there is a verion of it stuck somewhere else?

ItchyFish said:
Yes but there is still the Gauss gun, albeit stuck on a buggy, so perhaps there is a verion of it stuck somewhere else?

Like down gordons pants ?

U can most probly hold the guass gun.....plz dnt u leak players correct me if im wrong

Gluon gun was great in SP.

Gluon gun was cheap in MP.

I hope we get the gluon gun again in HL2. Or at least we get some sort of variant/advancement of the technology. It truly was kickass.

Egon Spengler, Ghostbuster.. which is where the "Egon"comes from..that and it looked like one of the backpack ghost hosers
wasn't the Gauss also called the Tau cannon?

The Gluon Gun was scary when I first fired it... but then I saw what it can do to headcrabs. :E

Gauss Gun = Tau Cannon

Gluon Gun = Egon Gun

Zombie = Mawman

Vortigaunt = Alien Slave

Houndeye = Sound Dog

Gonarch = Big Mama

Why do so many of the entities in HL have an alternate name? 's interesting...

Back