No more ragdolls in css?

OmegaX

Tank
Reaction score
Well after the new update, there seems to be no more ragdolls in the game. Here's a pic of what happens when someone is killed. This is completly stupid! Ragdolls were the best part.

That's always been in there. If you turned violence off via the console or something the enemies would do that.

It's not like that for everyone, I just played cs and ragdolls were present in full force. I did get an odd HS that looked a lot like the old leg-twitcher, and I remember it because he fell backwards when I shot him in the side of the head. But that's just me going crazy probably.

Ragdolls are still here, and that's a non-violence setting.

Er... you have a certain "filter" on your game. It's a parental control and reduced the "gore." Turn it off.

yeah fictious last update the reweighted the regdolls and they die in different ways now

ok thanks. i have no clue how the parental controls got on. I never messed with any of them. I got the ragdolls back now

Whoa! I have been playing CS:S since HL2's release and never knew that.
/me is surprised

Man, there aint no gore in CSS in the first place. If it were gory they would have like chunks of flesh and clothing flying everywhere, w/ bowels spilling out of pples mid-section, or half of someones skull blown off... now that would be gory... and sweet.... someone needs to add a true gore mod to CSS :)

Wiggan said:
Man, there aint no gore in CSS in the first place. If it were gory they would have like chunks of flesh and clothing flying everywhere, w/ bowels spilling out of pples mid-section, or half of someones skull blown off... now that would be gory... and sweet.... someone needs to add a true gore mod to CSS :)

Manhunt + CSS... hmm...

What I would like to see is when someone dies mid air or is falling the models dont stay static in one position and fall normally like HL2. They almost float when they fall to the ground its very strange.

happyhappy said:
What I would like to see is when someone dies mid air or is falling the models dont stay static in one position and fall normally like HL2. They almost float when they fall to the ground its very strange.
You can thank the assinine efforts of the valve team that worked on CSS for that and other stupid physics issues.

A ragdoll is a "corpse" and it's called that because that's what it acts like, a ragdoll. :O

socK said:
A ragdoll is a "corpse" and it's called that because that's what it acts like, a ragdoll. :O

It was sarcasm.

I cant think of anything clever to respond with after that so i'll just post this...

gundam8ii6uy.jpg

:(

Since I have nothing on topic to say...

Sock your kiddy is pretty!!!

One of the things I dislike about the ragdoll features is the freezing. When someone gets killed and falls to the floor, when they hit the floor, they usually roll around for about 3 seconds before the ragdoll is "frozen". (Unless it gets stuck) You can tell when the ragdoll has frozen by watching it's shadow, as the shadow seems to snap into place when the ragdoll is frozen. Now this is all fine and dandy, but this "freezing" feature leads to unrealistic ragdoll deaths in other scenarios. For example:

- Getting killed and falling from high elevation results in a motionless character dropping to the floor

- Getting killed in water/ragdolling your way into water results in a motionless character "floating" above water, yet the water doesn't move him at all.

Now obviously this is me being picky. But I love realism and surely this would add to that realism, to see at least an animation of some sort when someone falls from a high distance, and to see bodies float away while they're in the water. :thumbs:

Edit- IMO This should at LEAST be a feature you can enable/disable via the console.

yeah, it would be cool if you could shot some1's head of with awp or desert eagle :D I suppose they will never do those things but breaking body parts would be so cool! :LOL:

:cheese:

ShmengeTravel said:
One of the things I dislike about the ragdoll features is the freezing. When someone gets killed and falls to the floor, when they hit the floor, they usually roll around for about 3 seconds before the ragdoll is "frozen". (Unless it gets stuck) You can tell when the ragdoll has frozen by watching it's shadow, as the shadow seems to snap into place when the ragdoll is frozen. Now this is all fine and dandy, but this "freezing" feature leads to unrealistic ragdoll deaths in other scenarios. For example:

- Getting killed and falling from high elevation results in a motionless character dropping to the floor

- Getting killed in water/ragdolling your way into water results in a motionless character "floating" above water, yet the water doesn't move him at all.

Now obviously this is me being picky. But I love realism and surely this would add to that realism, to see at least an animation of some sort when someone falls from a high distance, and to see bodies float away while they're in the water. :thumbs:

Edit- IMO This should at LEAST be a feature you can enable/disable via the console.

Yeah, HL2 ragdolls keep their motion and build up speed when falling. The hostages do this for some reason, why the T and CT models dont is beyond me

socK said:
I cant think of anything clever to respond with after that so i'll just post this...

gundam8ii6uy.jpg

:(

That made me laugh out loud; I had to send it to my colleagues, we love random stuff like that.

www.b3ta.com

I just tried cl_low_violence 1, and killed players did surrender. Now I tried cl_low_violence 0 but they still surrender. Omg what to do? :D

The people you "kill" are immortal but feel pain and go down on their knees.

i just tryed it a few days ago and that command no longer exists. is it just me?!

Deemo said:
i just tryed it a few days ago and that command no longer exists. is it just me?!

Yep it's gone.

Cl_show_bloodsprays is also gone.

Completely off topic but try this for a nice fix of ragdolling. She can be moved with the mouse when stuck :)

http://www.izpitera***/lj/tetka.swf

Back