No Team Fortress 2 Updates Until Next Year

Shit, a game's better if it's more competitive? F*ck! And all this time I thought just enjoying the damn thing was better than wasting my time, my resources and my life on a game all for the sake of someone else beating me!

Glad we got that straightened out.

Shit, a game's better if it's more competitive? F*ck! And all this time I thought just enjoying the damn thing was better than wasting my time, my resources and my life on a game all for the sake of someone else beating me!

Glad we got that straightened out.

Yes, a game is better when it's more competitive. Playing anything, whether it be a sport or a video game, is always more fun when you are constantly working on and striving to be the best. Sure, TF2 can be fun, but if you're going to play on the computer a lot you may as well spend the time getting really good at a game where you can win money and go pro! I just don't understand where you people aren't getting it.

Money = required to live.
Video games = life.
Making money while playing video games = win.

Now do you get it? I'll reiterate where I think most of you aren't understanding:

Video games = life.

Yes, a game is better when it's more competitive. Playing anything, whether it be a sport or a video game, is always more fun when you are constantly working on and striving to be the best. Sure, TF2 can be fun, but if you're going to play on the computer a lot you may as well spend the time getting really good at a game where you can win money and go pro! I just don't understand where you people aren't getting it.

Video games = life.

Now do you get it? I'll reiterate where I think most of you aren't understanding:

Video games = life.

I think you fail at life. All forms.

Also Pi rockin' out in this thread y'all.

Video games = life.

Video games = life.

Sir, that is a sad life to lead.

Holy crap people are pissed! I'm sure by no updates he was actually talking about no class unlockables till 2009, there'll be a few maintenance type things till then like fixing map bugs, making natascha useful against more then just scouts, maybe another community map (Mach4 plz), etcetera.

Once they finish L4D I'm sure we'll be back on the saddle as usual.

Video games = life.

Video games = life.

It's people like you who make IRL games intolerable. A group of people get together to toss a ball around, but then there's always a few who insist on taking it way too seriously.

Video games = life.

Video games = life.

I hope, when you reach 30 and realise that either games no longer hold the fascination they once did or your reflexes are no longer what they once were, you look back on this thread and cringe.

Stupidity only matures with age. That's what makes it so great.

I might answer your point about competitive games, however. Google itself states first that a game is a contest with a winner. This does imply that a game lives up to its definition more when it's competitive. More to the point, it's more enjoyable when there's a winner.

You'd agree, right?

So at this point, we need to compare the games to see which you would say has more winners. On the one hand there's Counter-Strike:Source which you claim is more "competitive". As far as I can tell, that always means there'll be a winner. One supreme player beating another. On the other hand there's Team Fortress 2, a game which most people play for amusement and was declared best multiplayer game of the year and more by several reputable reviewers. This game is far less competitive as you point out. But by this you also imply that there are less losers and less 'superior players'. Surely this would also imply that there are more winners?

By that argument Team Fortress 2 is by far the most enjoyable game out of the two.

p.s. arguing at 9:40 in the morning is not something I wish to continue.

Game = fun.
Competition = fun? Not for me. I suck at TF2 and still have a laugh when I get killed in all those ridiculous ways. I have fun losing. So call me weird.

I hope, when you reach 30 and realise that either games no longer hold the fascination they once did or your reflexes are no longer what they once were, you look back on this thread and cringe.

Stupidity only matures with age. That's what makes it so great.

I might answer your point about competitive games, however. Google itself states first that a game is a contest with a winner. This does imply that a game lives up to its definition more when it's competitive. More to the point, it's more enjoyable when there's a winner.

You'd agree, right?

So at this point, we need to compare the games to see which you would say has more winners. On the one hand there's Counter-Strike:Source which you claim is more "competitive". As far as I can tell, that always means there'll be a winner. One supreme player beating another. On the other hand there's Team Fortress 2, a game which most people play for amusement and was declared best multiplayer game of the year and more by several reputable reviewers. This game is far less competitive as you point out. But by this you also imply that there are less losers and less 'superior players'. Surely this would also imply that there are more winners?

By that argument Team Fortress 2 is by far the most enjoyable game out of the two.

p.s. arguing at 9:40 in the morning is not something I wish to continue.

Don't rule out the possibility of trolling.

On the topic of competitive gaming, I think it at times goes hand in hand with having fun. There is nothing better than getting your whole team pushing the cart and creaming through to victory. At the same time, there is nothing worse than being the only person pushing, screaming "Help!" and watching Medic's fly past chasing enemies with the bone saw while everyone else runs around like headless chickens trying to get the most kills. I feel team play adds so much fun to a game, not that I'm opposed to just picking up a game and just running around (being a Spy is a great choice if you wanna go it alone) but I find it so much more satisfying when you feel like you achieved a goal. I feel Left 4 Dead is going to be a real shock for many players being that I see so many people run around like “Lone Wolfs”, its going to be funny watching them scream in pain as a smoker rips the s**t out of them. :D

God forbid that happens else we won't be able to enjoy your troll-bashing. :p

I just hope we at least get another "Meet The" video before the year is out.

And then a dual class update in January. Yeah.

This. I think the added wait makes it more likely we'll get a bigger update when it happens.

Back