Nod Graph Out of Date. Rebuilding...

P

Proud_Persian

I keep gettin this msg whenever i go past a checkpoint (after loading)...
"Node graph out of date. Rebuilding..."

never heard of that problem, only in the stolen build.

I get the exact same problem if I try and load up maps i done myself with hammer .... all the textures are purple and black

Actually, you can also de-Steam your legal version. Which is what I did to my Silver package... and I got massive performance improvements, not to mention a few additional things.

It's when nodes in the map haven't been graphed for the AI, and these graphs should come with the game. You've either got the cracked version, or didn't preload it properly. It would have been on the retail disc.

Though I would guess that potentially there is some way it can happen in the legal version - haven't seen it myself though.

That message came out for me once, for like one second on the stress test. I always thought it was my lame video card that did it. But I have not seen it in HL2 itself, only the CS:S stress test. Oh yeah, and I have the Collector's Edition.

I get it everytime I play jbmod, antlion map or any custom map I've played before.

dynamicx said:
I get it everytime I play jbmod, antlion map or any custom map I've played before.

For every map there are two file: the bsp which is the actual map, and a graph node file which contains info related to the movement paths available to the AI. Your computer uses the bsp to contruct the graph file when the map is first loaded. Most people don't bother to include the graph file if they are releasing a single player map. This is why you get the message...nothing to worry about.

de-steaming...this just might work to get my legal steam silver on my friend's comp that doesn't have internet...any details you might care to share?

i really would like to play it on his huge widescreen projector.

Back