Noooooo!

I always killed the Barneys after a while.

I usually left them there when i was finished with them, but after a minute or two i ran back to kill them. I guess i have emotional problems.

And one time i was in a room with 4 Scientists (in lambda core) and i killed them all.. then i felt so bad ;( i was like "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!" and loaded my game, but i still felt like a murderer.

But you gotta put these things behind you...

Originally posted by Lordblackadder
Good. You know how alot of walkthroughs would tell you to kill a barney for his ammo? I was never able to do that. Unless he was being a complete idiot, then I would off him for insubordination.

I'm a big softie.

this was bob. bob had bitchtits.

I'm not worried for the "people you have to protect" part.

Yeah, i also never killed any npc (well, sometimes i did, but then i would just press f7 and leave them behind)

People who react so quickly against such things without any
knowledge of what Valve (or any game company) intends to
do and how are really holding back the video game industry.
When people just decide that they don't want a feature before
that feature has been fully explored, they are basically
saying 'let's not try to push the barriers of immersion and story
telling etc, but stick with the status quo'.
I really respect that Valve is trying to do these things when
other companies seem to be scared that their game won't
sell if they did.

Yeah, because you know, protect missions are sooooo original! THEY ARE THE WAY OF THE FUTURE!

Oh wait, I mean the other thing.

Terrible.

Plus, I wasn't saying the game would be terrible, etc, i was just saying i don't enjoy protect mission.

And one last thing, don't tell me i'm holding the entire game industry back, i've probably been gaming longer than you, i've been supporting the gaming industry for 15 years (since i was about 3) , so .uck you.

The fact that we've blindly made up something called the
"protect mission" seems like we've made up our mind about
something before we have even tried to push how far it could
go and how great it could be. Valve is trying to integrate
characters with depth and personality into games, not just
make protect missions. I understand that protect missions have
so far been very dissappointing but if we close off our minds to
it so quickly and decide that we don't want to have to deal with
other characters who matter to the game, we really are holding
back the industry. I really think that real characters and acting
in games will really be an original step forward.

And I have to apologize to Wesisapie, I didn't mean to insult
you or anything.... just wait for the game... I think it'll all be good ;)

Yeah....Valve have revolutionised the way stories unfold in FPSs, whos to say that this time they won't revolutionise the so-called 'protect' mission

Yes, I'm confident that his game won't have any major problems.
I'm also going to assume that Valve will give us good variety of gameplay. A little shoot'em up, a little strategy, a little NPC interaction, it will add up to a game that will hopefully live up to its' lofty expectations. Even if it falls short, it will be much better than abything else out there.

My JarJar definition applies to all entertainment, I don't think Valve will JArJAr HL2.

As for sexism, I just want the characters believable. As I've said Alyx doesn't look like Tiffany Towers, nor have I seen her wielding a gatling gun.

I agree with Lordblackadder (btw, when I read his posts, I read them with a Rowan Atkinson voice......weird? is anyone else doing this?) and I really dont mind if you have these "protect" missions. As long as they dont kill themself.....jumping in front of a moving vechicle would be really silly.......funny though.....

Originally posted by Tull91
(btw, when I read his posts, I read them with a Rowan Atkinson voice......weird? ia anyone else doing this?)

Because you said it made me get the same problem.. DAMMIT!

yeah...i've still got a video collection of stuff....my fave is the one where he goes into the nightclub.....lol :LOL:

A bit off topic, but Lordblackadder I was just wondering, what is your favorite err... "Time period episode set" of Black Adder. Mine is the one during WW2 (It was either WW2 or WW1 its been awile since I saw it).

I'm gonna laugh when some hl2 dev reads this, then when valved kills alyx, a message will ocme up saying "fatal error has occured. da** you valved ray"

I just hope that duke nukem pops up and ends his silence... maybe *BOOT* alyx and barney in the head while he's at it.

Originally posted by Tull91
(btw, when I read his posts, I read them with a Rowan Atkinson voice......weird? is anyone else doing this?)

wow, i'm not the only one :p

and personnaly I liked the First Series the best...hehe, altough I did prefer Baldrick over Blackadder...I'm only sorry he never got his giant turnip ;(

Originally posted by The Mullinator
A bit off topic, but Lordblackadder I was just wondering, what is your favorite err... "Time period episode set" of Black Adder. Mine is the one during WW2 (It was either WW2 or WW1 its been awile since I saw it).

It was WWI.

As for favorite time periods, I only have a least favorite, the Middle ages where he plays the dopey guy. He's much better as a smartass. "Oh Shut up Baldrick!"

Otherwise I love all the others.

"Whubble"

Originally posted by Stone
wow, i'm not the only one :p

and personnaly I liked the First Series the best...hehe, altough I did prefer Baldrick over Blackadder...I'm only sorry he never got his giant turnip ;(

He did get his giant turnip.

"Baldrick just spent the reward money on a giant turnip, and I'm about to be brutally murdered by a nude Moroccan sock merchant... oh dipple"

Let's start a Blackadder discussion in the Off-Topic forum :D
PS. My favourite series were those written by Ben Elton (Series 2-4)

Um, what were we discussion? Protect-mission...hmmm.. I just add to that, like it has been said so many times already, that this is only speculations. I'd trust Valve, they know what they're doing. :)

Originally posted by Dax
Let's start a Blackadder discussion in the Off-Topic forum :D
PS. My favourite series were those written by Ben Elton (Series 2-4)

Um, what were we discussion? Protect-mission...hmmm.. I just add to that, like it has been said so many times already, that this is only speculations. I'd trust Valve, they know what they're doing. :)

I'll do it. Yes 2 - 4 were the best.

Yes I also trust valve.

Blackadder and Baldrick models to replace Gordon and Barney in multiplayer HL. Now THAT's what we need.

Originally posted by djkanuk
Blackadder and Baldrick models to replace Gordon and Barney in multiplayer HL. Now THAT's what we need.

Barney already acts like Baldrick in HL1.

Back