North and South Korean Tension

Shit is going down.

MEANWHILE IN AMERICA

Obama sleeps soundly.

North Korea now claims that the South started firing first.

Apparently SK was doing test fires around that area but no artillery entered NK territory.

Lol. Uriel seems sooo into this :p

Anyways, Vanga the blind prophet from bulgaria called it.
"2010 - The start of WWIII. The war will begin in November of 2010 and will end in October of 2014. Will start as a normal war, then will include usage of nuclear and chemical weapons."
2011 - Due to the radioactive showers in Northern Hemisphere - no animals or plants will be left. Muslims will begin chemical war against Europeans who are still alive.

2014 - Most of the people in this world will have skin cancer and skin related diseases. (as a result of chemical wars).

2016 - Europe is almost empty

2018 - China becomes the new world power.

2023 - Earth’s orbit will change slightly

2025 - Europe is still barely populated

2028 - Development of a new energy source. (Probably controller thermonuclear reaction) Hunger slowly stops being a problem. Piloted spaceship to Venus deploys.

2033 - Polar ice caps melt. World ocean levels rise.

2043 - World economy is prosperous. Muslims are running Europe.

2046 - Any organs can be mass produced. Exchange of body organs becomes the favorite method of treatment.

2066 - During it’s attack on Rome (which is under control of the Muslims) U.S.A. uses a new method of weapons - has to do with climate change. Sharp freezing.

2076 - No class society (communism)

2084 - The rebirth of the nature.

(this is sounding cool, sounds like a cool sci-fi movie scenario)

2088 - New disease. - People are getting old in few seconds.

2097 - This disease is cured.

2100 - Man made Sun is lighting up the dark side of the planet Earth.

2111 - People become robots.

2123 - Wars between small countries. Big countries don’t get evolved.

2125 - In Hungry the signals from Space are received. (People will be reminded of Vanga again)

2130 - Colonies under water (advices from aliens)

2154 - Animals become half-humans.

2167 - New religion

2170 - Big drought.

2183 - Collony on Mars becomes nuclear nation and is asking for independence from the Earth. (same way as U.S. did from England)

2187 - Successfully two volcano eruptions are stopped.

2195 - Sea colonies are fully supplied with energy and food.

2196 - Full mixture between Asians and Europeans.

2201 - Thermonuclear reactions on the Sun slow down. Temperatures Drop.

2221 - In the search of Alien life, human beings engage with something very freighting.

2256 - Spaceship brings a freighting new disease into Earth.

2262 - Orbits of planets start to change progressively. Mars is undera threat of being hit by a comet.

2271 - Physic properties are calculated over, since they changed.

2273 - Mix of yellow, white, and black race. New race.

(lol)

2279 - Energy out of nothing (probably from vacuum or black holes)

2288 - Travel through time. New contacts with the aliens.

2291 - Sun cools. Attempts to fire it up again are taken.

2296 - Bright flashes on the Sun. Force of gravity changes. Old space stations and satellites begin to fall

2299 - In France, there is a partisan uprising against Islam.

2302 - New important new laws and mysteries about the universe are uncovered.

2304 - The mystery of the Moon is uncovered.

2341 - Something frightening is closing in with Earth from the space.

2354 - Accident on one of the man made suns, will result in drought.

2371 - Mighty hunger.

2378 - New and fast growing race.

2480 - Two man made suns will collide. Earth is in the dark.

3005 - War on Mars. Trajectory of planets changes.

3010 - Comet will ram into the Moon. Around Earth there is a belt of rocks and dust.

3797 - By this time, everything living on Earth dies. But humans are able to put in the essentials for the beginning of a new life in a new star system.

Dodo, you are officially scaring the sh*t out of me.

Not likely to be a missile. Too slow.

I just wish China knew how much the world would praise them if they helped out against the aggressions of North Korea.

EDIT: Although as numbers points out below, it could be a cruise missile. Those are designed to fly slower.

Heh. Hopefully that's one of our cruise missiles aimed at Kim Jong Il.

Prolly its a jet of some kind, civilian or military. Anyway, currently not too worried.

Ummm, so war, or no?

No war.

We're now like watching each other, repositioning artillery and missile systems to see how they react, etc. etc. But we've basically stopped firing at each other, in part due to us having "caused great damage" to the northern artillery line.

What a strange country. People have gone to war for far less...

So what about all of those artillery batteries aimed at Seoul?

They're still there.

Whats worrying in this case is that the RoK still has another 8 days of excercises planned (which it now can't back down from, it would be seen as buckling under DPRK pressure) and the DPRK has stated that it will launch "merciless" attacks in response to any further "provocation" (just a reminder, the only "provocation" that has been pointed to was an RoK artillery drill, which was firing shells away from the DPRK). Additionally, the RoK president has authorised retaliation against DPRK missile sites if there are any further provocations from the DPRK.

Fun times.

I still reckon nothin's gonna happen though.

Russia...perhaps any nukes NK has/could use would be backtraced to them? I hope they evacuate Seoul before taking any more serious actions.

Here's an article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_korea...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDbm9ydGhzb3V0aGtv

Doubt any of them are Russian. Unless they were some "lost" nukes.

Heh. Hopefully that's one of our cruise missiles aimed at Kim Jong Il.

Prolly its a jet of some kind, civilian or military. Anyway, currently not too worried.

Cruise missles skim the surface and come in low. Planes.

Originally Posted by <RJMC>

russia is just angry that someone else is stirring things up

russia: hey who told you to do that?

while china sure is all silenty waiting the attention dissipates

china: *turns on washing machine* what? I cant hear you all,what are you all saying?

I still don't get you most of the time...

but anyways, I was up early this morning with the artillery rounds were firing. Saw some breaking news pop up on the TV every now and then, this seems to be a much larger skirmish than usual. I'm actually surprised it's not escalating as much, just glad it's not as bad as it could have been. Just seems like it's getting closer and closer till we get the real fighting.

6a00d83451b80969e200e55.jpg

Quick everyone, buy gold!

I do think it's a bit odd that a country fires artillery shells in to another country killing people and an actual war doesn't break out.

I do think it's a bit odd that a country fires artillery shells in to another country killing people and an actual war doesn't break out.

Hopefully as a race we've all learned how pointless, and harmful wars can be, especially with all of our improved weapons... Especially a world war, if Russia and China get involved. North Korea has friends, don't they? Surely other countries that have contracts with them who are interested in protecting their investment. SK, this isn't good. If you feel it safe, back down.

WAR! HUAH! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?!

If you feel it safe, back down.
The one thing that won't happen. 'Communism' rule (read authoritarian) has to be contained. And Big Talk Eel having his ego stroked isn't going to help matters.

lol there's no shortage of authoritarian nations. defense I can understand but not a pre-emptive strike. how quickly people forget about iraq

Isn't Kim Jong Ill's son going to be leader soon? Maybe this was his son's bidding

The one thing that won't happen. 'Communism' rule (read authoritarian) has to be contained. And Big Talk Eel having his ego stroked isn't going to help matters.

Just hoping that NK backs off. If that happens, SK should too, which I'm sure they will. I get that the Authoritarian nations will contain communism, but I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into a shit storm. I'd rather step to the side of the fan before the shit hits it, if you catch my drift.

If N. Korea doesn't stop soon - then NATO will be right at their door step. What is the north really trying to accomplish by doing this? Seriously...

As someone who grew up in HK, the best thing China could do right now is to stay out of the whole thing. This is something between SK and NK. Getting more countries involved might just piss NK off even more.

It's almost like when two people argue, and suddenly a third guy comes over to back up one of the arguers. The whole thing will just escalate 99% of the time.

I think they should just pull back and investigate the situation. If shit has to go down, then at least they can justify it.

As someone who grew up in HK, the best thing China could do right now is to stay out of the whole thing. This is something between SK and NK. Getting more countries involved might just piss NK off even more.

It's almost like when two people argue, and suddenly a third guy comes over to back up one of the arguers. The whole thing will just escalate 99% of the time.

I think they should just pull back and investigate the situation. If shit has to go down, then at least they can justify it.

But isn't it China that's the main supplier of food aid for NK? (note: I'm not 100% about this) It's also them that are at risk of being flooded with NK immigrants. So it's not like they will sit back and accept whatever happens.

If N. Korea doesn't stop soon - then NATO will be right at their door step. What is the north really trying to accomplish by doing this? Seriously...

UN will be all over this since they're already beating NK's ass with sanctions (that aren't doing anyone but hurting civlians that can't get out). Peacekeeping forces would be deployed to South Korea and it would be he Korean War all over again. There are plenty of South Korean backers around the world and this time they don't have Russia providing top-tier munitions to them. In fact, I don't even think China would back them if they continued this. China has a TON of exports and if they lose those it's going to mean a ton of lost revenue that China needs to maintain their ridiculously fast growing infrastructure. China would defend it's soil down to the last man no doubt, but I don't think they'd come running to the aid of a retarded dictator who's poking at people with sticks because they can't manage any economic clout whatsoever. North Korea is basically at the end of it's rope when it comes to remaining relevant to the world. They have citizens starving and very few businesses or natural resoruces to exploit to change that. With Kim Jong Il ailing and no one sure how his son will run things... I think it's just an act of desperation to try and wrangle some world power before they go the way of Cuba.

Now that the dust has settled, its clear that nothing is going to happen. Must be nice to have a spineless government.

Now that the dust has settled, its clear that nothing is going to happen. Must be nice to have a spineless government.

lol your over the top machismo is ridiculous and so out of touch with reality

In response, South Korea's military returned fire with 80 shells and deployed fighter planes to the island.

you should get a job with the NK military as a PR guy because their ridikurousness is good match for your own

"Should the South Korean puppets dare intrude into our territorial waters by even 0.001mm we will take merciless military counter-actions."

I wonder what the damage is like in NK. You don't hear anything about that.

Back