not AGAIN!

lans

Reaction score
Another reason why I'm starting to hate Far Cry more and more.

I recently downloaded the 1.2 patch, to find that it crashes after the first loading screen before the ubi intro and takes me back to windows. Being pissed, I deleted the game. However, I got bored soon enough, and installed it to play it without downloading patches. Well, what do you know! I reach the 4th level after the fort one (forgot the name - it's where you get the glider) and closed it last night for a nap. Woke up and was in the mood for some FC, so booted it up and viola!...crash (in the same way as the 1.2 one). I messed around a bit (the usual..) and then finally resorted to downloading 1.1 patch. But nothing happened still, so any pointers?

My spec: (if required)
P4 3.0 Ghz
ATI Radeon 9800 pro (yes, I know far cry hates ATI for some reason)
768 mb ram.

Close just about any program you can close like the entire systray except for the ATi icon...I even close Explorer (only 512 Mb Ram).
There's a guide to running Far Cry...link's somewhere on this forum I believe.

Wasnt the patch pulled ?, wait until its officially released again :)

simmo said:
Wasnt the patch pulled ?, wait until its officially released again :)

I'm not having problems with 1.2 (removed it), I'm having with the retail version 1.0.

Hmm... I know that they pulled the 1.2 patch because it was having severe conflictions with seemingly every ATI card. Maybe they didn't test it on ATI systems or something? But hey, I agree, another reason to hate FarCry more and more. It baffles me how companies can put out these shoddy patches... what a bunch a f*ckheads.

Don't put out a shoddy patch and then recall it. Work for an extra week to a month and put out a QUALITY patch.

Or do these people (Crytek, VIA, etc) even know the definition of "quality"...?

Im having no problems with it on my 9800 pro with the retail version :rolleyes:

No problems with my 9700 pro either...not with version 1.0, 1.1 nor 1.2...The demo sucked, though.

Back