Not buying Half-Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
man ppl don't believe him!

1) how can u NOT BUY HL2!
2) i bet my NAN will buy it ;) lol
3) why is he in this FORUM then if he don't want it!!??
4) why doesn't he jus cansell the steam thing and BUY IT FROM A STORE! or internet.....which is not steam!

5) man he will buy it i can bet so much he will! CAUSE I KNOW HIS FRIENDS WILL!

Im sure you wont be the only one canceling their pre-orders. I have a alot of friends pretty pissed off at the stunt they are doing to the HL community and more importantly the HL MOD community.

Valve's stunt with making us pay for games that are MODs is completely ridiculous, I must agree. However the game still looks sweet as hell and is uncomparable to any other game never the less. Im still going to buying it. However if they do pull anymore crazy stunts I just may look elsewhere.

As for people saying he is misinformed. Yes he is. However in a sense he isnt. When TFC2 and CS2 along with the other MODs by Valve released on the HL2 engine, that we will have to pay, do you HONESTLY think that is right? All those games are MODs. Nothing more then a few skins changes, script changes, etc etc. Yet they are FORCING us to pay for it when it comes out. Maybe other MODs will come out and will be free, however the ones we enjoy NOW we are going to have to pay for something that started out to be free and should stay free especially when its only a MOD!

wako....ok i want you NOT to buy the game if u are dissing it. and then wait like 3MONTHS into the games release. and jus watch how the game becomes "GAME OF YR" and everyone LOVING IT and saying WOOOW. and you be there.......sitting say "i done the right thing not buying it."

PFFFT i bet u will be the FIRST in line to buy it man and u KNOW IT. lol

wako, you're also misinformed.

All mods will be free unless the mod team decides to publish their mods on Steam at a price. Which would require the team to enter into some sort of licencing contract which would cost them money in the first place. Most mods won't be good enough or have the following to do such a thing as they'd end up losing money rather than making money. If Natural Selection or Firearms or games as popular as CS or DOD did it then they'd be worth the money. Then there's also the fact of the matter that most mod makers aren't really in it for the money so that shouldn't be a worry.

And yes, if CS2 and TF2 (NOT TFC2) are released as standalone games they should require a price. They won't be MODs. They will be games in their own right.

"All those games are MODs. Nothing more then a few skins changes, script changes, etc etc. Yet they are FORCING us to pay for it when it comes out."

Could you cancel your preorder too please?

lol, man that is such a mistake, i don't think anyone understands how f'ing glorious hl2 will be.

if he did cancell it, he'll be buying it 3 days later when he see's his friends playing it.

Originally posted by wako
When TFC2 and CS2 along with the other MODs by Valve released on the HL2 engine, that we will have to pay, do you HONESTLY think that is right?

Do you HONESTLY think it's right to NOT pay for a game that professional developers spent months/years working on?

All those games are MODs. Nothing more then a few skins changes, script changes, etc etc.

How the hell would YOU know? If making CS2 is as easy as you say it is, someone will make a free version of CS2. In fact, why don't YOU make CS2, and see how it stands up to whatever Valve releases. I'm getting tired of arguing with people like you.

we are going to have to pay for something that started out to be free and should stay free especially when its only a MOD!

And The Frozen Throne is "only a MOD" for WC3! Who gives a s***!@?! If CS2 comes out and it doesn't meet your quality standards, don't f***ing buy it! This is not electricity, or your water supply, or sewage service, you don't have a right to play CS2 for free, and nobody's 'FORCING' you to buy it!

At this point I'm really hoping CS2 is NOT included with HL2, and we have to pay separately for it, so I don't have to play with 100,000 idiots who have somehow created the notion in their heads that because the original was free, the sequel couldn't possibly have taken any time/money to create, and thus should also be free. GET A CLUE.

YAH!!! I HOPE MORE PEOPLE FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE!!!!!1111 one one eleven eleve !! one

no really I honestly do
the less retards roaming online the better.
for one Im done trying to inform these retards, screw em all up the ying yang LEAVE LEAVE
you never deserved to know the truth in the first place.
why the hell did you feel the need to announce your idiocy in the first place?
BEGONE

Do you HONESTLY think it's right to NOT pay for a game that professional developers spent months/years working on?

It should be about the love of the game, man, not the money.

If making CS2 is as easy as you say it is, someone will make a free version of CS2

Uh, 80% of the mods in development right now are versions(clones) of cs(cs2).

we are going to have to pay for something that started out to be free and should stay free especially when its only a MOD!

If you dont like paying for MODS why did you buy HALFLIFE which is a MOD of the Quake 1 engine? a heavily MODIFIED quake 1 engine but still QUAKE1.

Your making arguments with not logical grounding my advice wako.

Shut up and go troll the 3drealms boards about DNF its easier

Originally posted by SheepFactory

Yeah and Music Artists "its about the love of the music im not in it for the money"

Wake up and smell the capitalism.

considering game artists create and most of todays modern groups and singers just "sing" and dont write there own music.

I dont think they are over paid.

Pfft, right. REAL game developers should stop paying their mortgages and utility bills and stop eating, because they LOVE making games so much. "Hi honey, I had a great day at the office coding CS2 today! And on the way home, I found a discarded, half-popped bag of popcorn! This family is eating like kings tonight!"

Uh, 80% of the mods in development right now are versions(clones) of cs(cs2).

Exactly!!! You don't want to pay for CS2, go play a damn clone!

SOME game artists create, most just rip stuff off. I mean, look at the hl2 bugs. Starship troopers anyone? and the strider, War of the Worlds anyone? And the whole concept of an alien invasion was obviously ripped off of Independence Day.

Exactly!!! You don't want to pay for CS2, go play a damn clone!

Except the mod community is full of amateurs who dont know shit about what makes a good game!!! And 80% of the mods will be complete trash!! Oh JOY!!

CS has spawned America's Army. America's Army spawned Global Operations.

You see? It's a chain

Originally posted by dscowboy

How the hell would YOU know? If making CS2 is as easy as you say it is, someone will make a free version of CS2. In fact, why don't YOU make CS2, and see how it stands up to whatever Valve releases. I'm getting tired of arguing with people like you.

And The Frozen Throne is "only a MOD" for WC3! Who gives a s***!@?! If CS2 comes out and it doesn't meet your quality standards, don't f***ing buy it! This is not electricity, or your water supply, or sewage service, you don't have a right to play CS2 for free, and nobody's 'FORCING' you to buy it!

At this point I'm really hoping CS2 is NOT included with HL2, and we have to pay separately for it, so I don't have to play with 100,000 idiots who have somehow created the notion in their heads that because the original was free, the sequel couldn't possibly have taken any time/money to create, and thus should also be free. GET A CLUE.

Well Said. :cheers:

Except the mod community is full of amateurs who dont know shit about what makes a good game!!! And 80% of the mods will be complete trash!! Oh JOY!!

CS completely ruined the hl and hl2 mod community, all the mods are just rip offs now. Cs killed creativity.

SOME game artists create, most just rip stuff off. I mean, look at the hl2 bugs. Starship troopers anyone? and the strider, War of the Worlds anyone? And the whole concept of an alien invasion was obviously ripped off of Independence Day.

Im starting to think your a troll, cause you have no grounding to your arguments.

Where inspiration comes from means nothing. ARTISTS have to create/recreate those in game. OH and

Alien invasion ripped of Independance Day... Which ripped off war of the worlds.

FACT is there is very little left in this planet which hasnt already been done.

SO what you have to do is put a new spin on it which is what VALVe did with HALFLIFE. in that YOU caused the problem and YOU feel obligated to HELP

but in this case YOU are a troll.

Originally posted by Rossell
Sorry everybody but I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.

With Steam and everything messing up the HL community as such, I also discovered that you have to pay a £10-a-month subscription to play mods.

Sorry folks, but I think my relationship with Valve may be over.

I've been wanting to use this pic, but I haven't found a good chance to. Now is as good a time to use it, I guess...

Originally posted by Solid_Raiden
CS has spawned America's Army. America's Army spawned Global Operations.

You see? It's a chain

What?! How has CS spawned America's Army? They are nothing alike. I can't see the connection between America's Army and CS...

its half right,

Miss out america's army

CS spawned Global Operations (if i remember it was EA's bash to jump on the realism bandwagon)

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
What?! How has CS spawned America's Army? They are nothing alike. I can't see the connection between America's Army and CS...

Squad play.

Originally posted by Andy018
its half right,

Miss out america's army

CS spawned Global Operations

I knew I made a mistake. It was Global Operations that spawned AA!

How stupid can I BE?!?!

John Carmack and Id software spawned THEM ALL!

They are the masters. On your knees foolish mortals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back