Not Logging On

P

pickers

Steam's been fine all day, but just now, after finishing downloading enough HL:Source files to play, Steam crashed. Rebooted computer, but now I cant log on!
"Something wrong with you internet connection or steam network"

Any ideas anyone?

Yeah i'm getting that too except it didn't crash, it just wont log in. Claims that there's something wrong with my internet connection.

I dunno whats wrong but i'm gonna try Offline mode and see if that helps

Yeah,I just bought HL2 and installed it but can't log into steam to unlock it...Maybe all the retail people trying to unlock it today have killed steam?

Oh well just have to wait....nice box though.

pickers said:
Steam's been fine all day, but just now, after finishing downloading enough HL:Source files to play, Steam crashed. Rebooted computer, but now I cant log on!
"Something wrong with you internet connection or steam network"

Any ideas anyone?

I have exactly the same problem.

Also, i don't think it's actually verified a lot of the keys.. it said so earlier, so i couldn't play in offline mode(according to steampowered website)..

when i try to login also it says

could not connect to steam network
this could be a problem due to your internet connection, or with the
steam network. pleas visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

I can even get to a point to enter offline mode :/
asks for username and password, I enter it, then "poof - you internet connection is arse or we are" blah blah
wah wah :( :( :(

Does seem like steam server is down - 20 mins since last updated their status... Lets hope its their problem, and not mine!

Same exact thing here. Its like all the accounts went poof or somthing.

It probably is, as this is the first time i've had a problem with steam, and my internet connection appears to be fine

if you want to try the offline mode.. disconnect from the internet, and start steam from the start menu.. it will give you the option..(although i won't work for me anyway)

that happened to me too

it sucks
I've waited 3 years for half-life2

and now it won't log on

GRRRR

ive been sitting here for 2 hours trying to make it work. i officially hate Valve and Steam.

>_<

>_<

>_<

>_<

they best fix it before i kill someone >_<

woah, they'll get it worked out.. for a game this massive and an online service this revolutionary, there's gonna be some wrinkles..
but i'm amazed how solid the game itself is put together! a few patches here and there and things will be right as rain!

This is happening with me to, played fine at 5:30 a.m., now at 4 p.m. it wont work! I went to school, came back...and it didn't work...

OMFG!

**** You valve and steam **** you.

This is such BS, i was ok with connecting to steam to play, but now that no one can even connect to steam its just ****ing bullshit. Ive waited long enough.

Stupid steam, this is really pissing me off.....if i dont get to play tonihgt i going to go berserk.

WTF i am having problems! i was playing fine today in the morning, the I came back later like 5 Oclock EAstern and I forgot my pass, so it says put your Acc login name to retrive pass and it says that the account with that login name dosent exists! WTF! !!!!!!!!!! So then I retrived my login name and it still says same thing!!!! I can retrive my login name but not the damn password! wtf i dont get it!

yeah but if you look at the time.. it doesn't seem to show from 2oclock on..

it doesnt matter if you rememberd your password because you wont be playing hl2 for awhile, no one can log in, steam is completely down even though the steam site is acting like there isnt a problem.

Its been 3 hours since I got home with hl2 and I havent been able to login once. This is COMPLETELY unnacceptable, especially for a $54.99 game.

Seems to be fine, had to register a NEW account, and all problems went away, WTF is this.

Ok, after 7 agonizing hours of school, IT DOESN'T WORK :(

relax
it's ok for steam to be busted on the first day with the popularity of the game and all
i have the same problem of course.
i guess trying to set up another account can be a solution? dunno...

again yeah it's annoying, but it was to be expected.

Back