Not so good performance, good pc

V

ViperSnow

Hey all! installed HL2 yesterday on my new machine, now im pretty sure this isn't a great performance (well for my specs anyway), too the point:

Intel 3.2GhZ
1Gb of ddr ram
Radeon X600 256mb PCI-Express

and from the video stress test i got 70, now my old pc was

intel 2.0
384mb ram
radeon 9600xt

and i got nearly 70, what gives? is pci-express crummy?

thanks
Viper

the X600 is just a 9600XT in PCIx form... and Pci express compared to AGP are about the same right now. You should've at least have gotten a X700 card.

70FPS? now that's wat I call great performance... My PC can only reach a max of 30FPS. so I must say that ur PC isn't that weak.

AMD 3000+
1024MB RAM
200Gig Sata
Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT 128MB
ASUS A8n-SLI deluxe

Ran video stress test and got 94.5 FPS. Everything on max/high.

I'm not sure everything is running as well as it could be as when I run the test the first 3 or 4 rendered walls come up as rotating 'ERROR' signs. Any ideas guys? Is this giving me a false reading of FPS?

Barters said:
I'm not sure everything is running as well as it could be as when I run the test the first 3 or 4 rendered walls come up as rotating 'ERROR' signs. Any ideas guys? Is this giving me a false reading of FPS?

Read my post about that: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76643 And I think it might be giving a false FPS read out because the video card is not rendering those panels with the effects. So for now, the stress test is giving a bit of a higher read out I think.

Dumb Dude said:
And I think it might be giving a false FPS read out because the video card is not rendering those panels with the effects.

Thanks, I checked out the thread. But don't know what the final solution was. To avoid stealing this thread, if anyone replies, can they do it using the link given above.

Back