Not the nicest way to do it...

Someone care to email them and find out the truth ?
Might make interesting news.

^
I was just going to say. It could very well be a joke.

S

Originally posted by D33
Someone care to email them and find out the truth ?
Might make interesting news.

no, they don't seem to reply to anything atm.

got a reply. took maybe 2 minutes:

--------------

yes, he still works at valve

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: 10/1/2003 7:16 AM
Subject: Dhabih

Does Dhabi Eng still work for you? I've seen his great concept art, but
on your website, it says "Fired".

A Concerned fan.

he got great works.

btw, i visited the people page 2 weeks ago, and all his details were still there..

Its like office space, the poor guy has been canned, its just that nobody care to tell him yet :D

oooh a red stampler!

Another rumour leading to delay exterminated... delighting.

Like I always said. Valve are very strange people.

okay if this guy did get fired and hes prolly p*ssed that they announced it on their webbie, Im gonna try and squeeze some HL2 info outta him via email

ahaha nice idea.
Out of spite he might spill the beans he may even have a beta hihihi

At least he's not an "artiste" :)

Ok, so it was just a silly prank, glad to hear it. Didn't find that funny myself, though.

Thread served it's purpose, close now, yes? All those in favor say aye

Originally posted by MrMethane
At least he's not an "artiste" :)

Ok, so it was just a silly prank, glad to hear it. Didn't find that funny myself, though.

Thread served it's purpose, close now, yes? All those in favor say aye

NO!!!!!!!!!

its my thread!!
Mine! My precious! Only mine! Mine!MIne!MINe!MINE!MINE!MINE!MINE!

Oh well...
Actually, couldn't it be that the Dabhih guy just invented this joke story to let people think he was't really fired and to save his reputeation?

yea no kidding.. its just a joke jeesh.. if they fired him for real they would just delete his entry on the Staff page

Originally posted by freddythefrog
NO!!!!!!!!!

its my thread!!
Mine! My precious! Only mine! Mine!MIne!MINe!MINE!MINE!MINE!MINE!

Sorry, didn't mean to piss on your territory :)

Dhabih definitely drew the HL2 art at the top of the HL2.net page and forums. His style all the way.

Originally posted by scribblehead
well untill now i don't really see valve behaving like anything other than a spolied kid/arrogant developer.....

This is really poor judgement and handling from valve, but since we've got to experience their arrogance first hand *cough* delay upon delay*cough*, then it does'nt suprise me one bit.

http://www.killnick.com/images/juice.jpg

Uhm what is the big deal that you guys are ranting about?
I read his little profile on the valve web site, but I don't understand what u guys are ranting about.

i think someone changed his biography...someone drew to much attention to it :eek:

Originally posted by MrMethane
Sorry, didn't mean to piss on your territory :)

too late, buddy. Your on my black hate list. May bricks fall on your head. Forever. (lame, I know, but I suck at english language, so simply ignore it...)

Seems like it was finally changed. For all new-comers, previously under "Dhabih Eng" entry, there was just the word "fired". Seems to have been a strange joke between strange people (aka valve devs)...

Originally posted by J05h
i think someone changed his biography...someone drew to much attention to it :eek:

that would exlplain why i cant find it!!

They changed it from "fired." to a normal desctription, it was an office joke apparently

considering that page has nothing on it maybe they should work on content rather then that kind of thing.

What is it with these developers being professional folks? Developers aren't corporations, they aren't guys who wear a suit and tie to work everyday. They're game fans with skills that they use to make games for money. Some don't even go to the office and work right from home, like a modding group. Nothing more.

Originally posted by Sp00fman
I bet this guy ran off with the HL2 source code without leaving Gabe a copy.

Thats why HL is delayed!!!
LOL you won, have a cookie :)

Back