Not very hard...

JBrown03

Reaction score
I have not completed HL2 yet. I believe I am about two thirds through now, having formed up with my first squad about 20 mins ago. So far I haven't come up against anything that has been too hard. The only spot I have found remotely difficult was setting up the first set of turrets.

Has anyone else found the level of difficulty disappointing? I thought playing it on hard would be a challenge... but so far that's not been the case.

I agree, but i actually prefer it this way. I'm a bit tired of the same old trial and error method of playing games. I just want to run around killing things in new and interesting ways :D

Yep, for the most parts quite easy, but at some points it's very hard. It would have been better if they had evened out the difficulty a little more.

Damn,you people are pretty good. I'm an FPS vet, and even I found NORMAL hard at times.

Good points, however if I wanted to kill things easily in new fun ways... I would set the difficulty to easy. A difficulty setting of hard, should be just that, hard!

I think the main reason its too easy is that theres an abundance of ammo and medpacks.

UKchaos2 said:
I think the main reason its too easy is that theres an abundance of ammo and medpacks.

You've hit the nail on the head.

I've been playing it on hard as I'm a FPS vet and it is for the most part too easy.

The trouble is, after every little battle or confrontation you just know there's going to be an abundance of ammo and medpacks for you to pick up right after it, so you never really have to worry about getting shot and losing health.

Less provisions would have made the game much more tense and much more of a challenge. I think it's too laid back.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*
I've only got caught out on one bit so far and that was right at the end of Sandtraps, just before you enter Nova Prospekt. I got pinned down for literally about an hour and a half trying to shoot down the 2 gun ships that show up. Was very challenging but so much fun at the same time. :)

Gordons_nan said:
*POSSIBLE SPOILER*
I've only got caught out on one bit so far and that was right at the end of Sandtraps, just before you enter Nova Prospekt. I got pinned down for literally about an hour and a half trying to shoot down the 2 gun ships that show up. Was very challenging but so much fun at the same time. :)

Yeah, that part is a real pain, isn't it. The strategy guide suggests keeping antlions near you and crouching so they absorb the fire.

Overall less ammo/health packs would have made the game more tense. However, combine soldiers generally trading fire doesn't help. If you keep firing with say an SMG or combine rifle they make no attempt to run

Back