Nova Prospekt

GiaOmerta

Spy
Reaction score
I've been through Nova Prospekt.

Playing Anticitzen One currently.

Why does everyone make a big deal about Nova Prospekt? Half the place is torn to hell. Overun with headcrabs, antlions, ect. Not much of a big Combine facility.

What is it exactly?

I know it's prision.

I know it's the location of the Combine Potal as well.

Any other purpose to this place?

Its where humans are assimilated by the Combine - either turned in Soliders or slave workers called 'Stalkers' (you see them on some of the Monitors - skinny almost zombie things with blad heads and built in glasses)

This is where you were heading before Barney diverted you to City 17.

Ha! I was right, the combine ARE human!

Although, they aren't COMPLETLY human. They are "Trans-human" as the guy said.

combine are not human. They're organic (a la gunship, dropship, strider) and powerful. The overwatch is Breen's idea. These guys are trans-human: they most likely have been fused with combine traits of some sort to become soldiers.

I have difinitive in-game proof that the combine are either human or a more advanced form of humans. There's a little easter egg that shows this and I'm not sure if anyone else has found it. If you can tell me how to post images (I know you have to host it somewhere in order for it to be viewable, what's a good site) I will show you.

You referring to the apehead, next to the humanhead, next to the Combine head?

Letterhead said:
I have difinitive in-game proof that the combine are either human or a more advanced form of humans. There's a little easter egg that shows this and I'm not sure if anyone else has found it. If you can tell me how to post images (I know you have to host it somewhere in order for it to be viewable, what's a good site) I will show you.

Photobucket.com is the best IMO, but you have to sign up for an account.

Another thing that leads me to believe Combine dudes are human is the fact Barney could pass himself off as one.

GiaOmerta said:
You referring to the apehead, next to the humanhead, next to the Combine head?

Yes I am, I'm glad I wasn't the first to discover it, I was losing my faith in HL2.net :D

If anyone hasn't seen this I may be able to put the screen up tomorrow (or I might spend my time beating the game, I've come to Nova Prospekt in eight and a half hours and it just keep getting better).

So the question now is: was this a forced evolution? Or did we just develop this technology to the point where all our soldiers were being "upgraded" to superior fighting machines?

Letterhead said:
Yes I am, I'm glad I wasn't the first to discover it, I was losing my faith in HL2.net :D

If anyone hasn't seen this I may be able to put the screen up tomorrow (or I might spend my time beating the game, I've come to Nova Prospekt in eight and a half hours and it just keep getting better).

So the question now is: was this a forced evolution? Or did we just develop this technology to the point where all our soldiers were being "upgraded" to superior fighting machines?

I missed it, what chapter was it in?

there was that same drawing in highway 17. at the first force field bridge where u had to gravity gun the combine vehicle off of the plug powering the force field, there was a fenced in like fuel tank. behind it was a dead body and a mattress and a picture on the cement wall of that same thing. man ape man.

Alright, for those who haven't seen the screenshot:

ApeHead.jpg

(If you can't see the image let me know).

what about the comment the npc in the foodline at the trainstation in the beginning saying about "i'm about ready to join civil protection to get a descent meal" or how was barny able to join CP withought going through modification?

Yeah, it's supposed to be the big 'brainwashing' facility, but there really isn't anything in it to speak of. It's kind of lame that there really isn't anything in it except for empty cells and more combine soldiers. Valve could have done more.

Rocketman9mm said:
what about the comment the npc in the foodline at the trainstation in the beginning saying about "i'm about ready to join civil protection to get a descent meal" or how was barny able to join CP withought going through modification?

Because CP's are just guys in suits. The Overwatch are the ones with the modifications.

I make a big deal about it because its probably the most atmospheric part of the game...

Its not over run with ant lions until you arrive...thats what all the shaking and stuff is etc....

Plus i dont think we visit the integral parts of it

GiaOmerta said:
I've been through Nova Prospekt.

Playing Anticitzen One currently.

Why does everyone make a big deal about Nova Prospekt? Half the place is torn to hell. Overun with headcrabs, antlions, ect. Not much of a big Combine facility.
Whne you arrive you disable the devices that discourage antlions, the antlions probably go on to release the headcrab production facilities

Only the lower, abandoned, disused levels are infested with headcrabs. Remember, the place is old, and it only takes one headcrab probably, and no-one goes down there anymore anyway.

Nova Prospekt is basically like an enormous Russian Gulag. It's disused and wreckage-strewn because its an old building and the Combine can't be bothered to refurbish it (or perhaps they think it's more intimidating). It gets completely owned by the army of Ant Lions you attract in.

Yup. After playing through several times parts like these make much more sense. It's like reading the Bible it doesnt all speak to you in one sitting.

Nova Prospect

Didnt anyone notice the Vortigaun being tortured or "reprogrammed" or asimilated or whatever diabolical crap they do there? Its too bad we can't get there quick enough to save it. I thought that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Fido

ya, they probably were torturing it to gt info on the rebelion, or maybe trying to convert it,

Do you remember a vortigaunt in the trainstation at the beggining? He had the same 'slave suit' as the one in Nova Prospekt. So maybe he was being 'Reprogrammed' and he just coudn't handle it... Unless he had some spare cyniade with him :|

im confused, what is the difference between combine soldiers and overwatch soldiers?

mrmetal_53 said:
im confused, what is the difference between combine soldiers and overwatch soldiers?

There isn't one. :p
The difference is between the Civil Protection metrocops and the combine Transhuman Overwatch.

CP's are the white masked guys, and they're just normal citizens who have voluntarily joined the combine.

Overwatch are the black masked guys and they've undergone surgery to make them half-machine.
I'd guess they're what happens when a CP gets 'promoted'.

Overwatch Guards are a bit of a mystery, but they 're probably just advanced versions on the normal Overwatch.

Wow, Mech, I find someone else who calls them CP's. ;)

I would say the Overwatch Guards (or simply Special Forces as I call them) are the most experienced and highly-trained of the Overwatch who have been promoted.

Sulkdodds said:
Wow, Mech, I find someone else who calls them CP's. ;)

I would say the Overwatch Guards (or simply Special Forces as I call them) are the most experienced and highly-trained of the Overwatch who have been promoted.

i dont think they are likely to "promote" but convert.

i think they higher level conversion of combine personnel .

Back