Now that it has been delayed, does this mean we could get a demo?

Kem2000

Reaction score
I know its a it "far fetched" but it may happen.
Anyway, its something to think about besides the delay, and it would be a great teaser.

No, we wont recieve a demo until after game is released. Valve wants NOTHING else known about the game. Closest we may get is a benchmark tool, and now we're not even getting that.

nope....i wouldnt either, but yea.....it would be nice of them!

Fingers Crossed!

Doubt it.

Oh, Mountain Man - can you reduce your sig to a maximum of 4 lines? Thanks.

Your more likely to have a Blue Jay swoop down from the air and attack your testicles. Not very likely. Blue Jays hate testicles...

Closest we may get is a benchmark tool, and now we're not even getting that.

the benchmark comes out on the 30th...

just cause 1 site says that its delayed (is there anything else?) dosnt mean it is. Just wait till the 30th to start doing what ever your gonna do. Oh...i saw mountain mans sig....gahhhh. Least now there is more tiem for CoD and halo.

Originally posted by Ridic
just cause 1 site says that its delayed (is there anything else?) dosnt mean it is. Just wait till the 30th to start doing what ever your gonna do.

This clamp goes here... and oh, this one over there. Excellent...

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
sorry, but when did valve ever say the benchmark wasn't coming out on the 30th?
Knowing Valve and how they've never got anything out on time, I doubt we'll get it on the 30th.

sorry, but when did valve ever say the benchmark wasn't coming out on the 30th?

LOL. they don't have to say it, their record says enough now.

I think if valve released a demo it will spoile the final version of the game.

Who actually wants a demo here? Atleast I don't want a demo that let's you play some of the game. No matter how you look at it, it always spoils a bit of the game.
A playable techdemo like the one in the E3 video would be cool though.

a MP deathmatch demo would be fine. wouldn't spoil any singleplayer game. just introduce you to some weapons and let you run timedemos

i think i would play the tech demo for hours if i could, i would love it so much, but i agree that i dont want to play a part of the game

benchmark will probably be released on 30th i imagine

i just want 1 room, with a minipulator, and a bunch of things to toss smash and do

Originally posted by PvtRyan
Who actually wants a demo here? Atleast I don't want a demo that let's you play some of the game. No matter how you look at it, it always spoils a bit of the game.
A playable techdemo like the one in the E3 video would be cool though.

I dont want a demo. Its too much of a spoiler. If they must give us a demo. (tho I dont think they gonna) playable teckdemo as the one shown on e3 would be fine.

i dont really want a demo level of the single player, but maybe the tech demo. Even if not that, just a small room with a wooden bookshelf and a USP would suffice.

I just want the HL2 SDK as soon as possible so I can work on my mod :)

I think that should be entitled to the bush government and the racist country called usa!

We're talking MP demo here, no one really cares about a stinkin' SP demo!

wow somebody's bitter

wow thats the ****ing understatement of the day...and everybody has a good reason be upset and bitter, its just the bashing that i don't condone...

i think it would be awesome if they released the e3 tech demo. i REALLY wanna test out the manipulator. :D

Even a non-playable demo would be cool. I think thats kinda what the benchmark will be.

A demo would only be likely if the delay is due to not having the level/art-content finished or Steam/distribution not being up to snuff. That way, the programmers would be free (enough) to assemble a demo.

If so, it should only start from the beginning. That wouldn't spoil the middle, and besides, it's good marketing that way. Don't think they would do MP.

Creating a demo would take staff away from finishing the game. It's not going to happen.

Originally posted by Ralphus
We're talking MP demo here, no one really cares about a stinkin' SP demo!

Actually I do...

Someone make an Email to Valve asking if they can release the Techdemo to the public

Give me that tech demo (giant pachinko machine, yeah!) over a gameplay demo any day. Hell, I could spend hours just shooting the fence and throwing stuff into the water. Maybe a spawn function just for the Combine soldier, get a few kills in.

Originally posted by InsertNameHere
Give me that tech demo (giant pachinko machine, yeah!) over a gameplay demo any day. Hell, I could spend hours just shooting the fence and throwing stuff into the water. Maybe a spawn function just for the Combine soldier, get a few kills in.

yes, i would spend DAYS in pure AWE just playing that. it would be so damn awesome.

Back