Now this is very odd

Frutkola

Reaction score
I think we got different cars in CS:S and HL2. Even though the cars look absolutly the same; in hl2 you kan "move" a car, by shooting at it, and you can shoot things of it. But in CS:S you can't do shit to it :borg: but it's still the comepletly same car. Why would VALVe do such thing? :x

Becuase it is Multi player to reduce lag for the people with bad computers such as myself...

Frutkola said:
I think we got different cars in CS:S and HL1. Even though the cars look absolutly the same; in hl2 you kan "move" a car, by shooting at it, and you can shoot things of it. But in CS:S you can't do shit to it :borg: but it's still the comepletly same car. Why would VALVe do such thing? :x

To lower physics calculations and overall net traffic.

For a smoother game.

Frutkola said:
I think we got different cars in CS:S and HL1. Even though the cars look absolutly the same; in hl2 you kan "move" a car, by shooting at it, and you can shoot things of it. But in CS:S you can't do shit to it :borg: but it's still the comepletly same car. Why would VALVe do such thing? :x
I know what you mean, they deserve to be hung!!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I see you dont take me serious, that's okay. It isn't the end of the world, I was just wondering..

I'm sorry :)

Yeah, basically what the other guys have said is true... It'd take too many calculations and would absolutely rape the server's bandwidth and your connection. I have a feeling though that this is user definable, so as technology improves even further, it might be possible for you to include such a feature in maps. It might even work adequately at the moment to the expense of a few less other physical objects.

Dont be :)

I see what you mean. It prolly would make some interference with the connection.

Btw. I'm sorry for my english-skills, i aint from the US, or the UK. ^^

I doubt it would affect the game much at all on a semi decent server.

They will ad it in a future patch maybe
when this game is 1 or 2 years old
most peeps probaly have better systems then

I know what you mean, they deserve to be hung!!!!

ERRRR the correct way to say hung in that context is hanged. whenever somebody is taken to a gallow's pole, they are hanged, not hung. :)

Would it be okay over a LAN? You could have a specific profile or something for LAN play, in that case...

Frutkola said:
I think we got different cars in CS:S and HL2. Even though the cars look absolutly the same; in hl2 you kan "move" a car, by shooting at it, and you can shoot things of it. But in CS:S you can't do shit to it :borg: but it's still the comepletly same car. Why would VALVe do such thing? :x

CS:S was a port not HL2.

I still wonder what level of physics interactions the engine can cope with online- some mods would just benefit hugely from Havok, but if everyone's lagging to hell... :(

I think it is probably set by the mapper. As far as I'm aware you can assign physical properties to any object in game and it's defined by the mapper. We'll have to test it when we get hold of Hammer.

Its a gameplay issue, not a bandwidth issue.

BF1942 and UT2004 have no problem with vehicles and Im sure Valve are quite capable of making their own, network friendly versions. I wouldnt be surprised if TF2 used vehicles.

The thing is, CS was never designed for vehicles. You need would need specially designed maps and gameplay modes for it to work.

You also have issues such as players joyriding, running down teammates, crashing/wreching their vehicle. This is less of an issue when you have vehicles respawning all the time, but in CS you would be limited to a couple per round at most. You lose those, your screwed.

I honestly think someone could mod it.

You could have maps with cars that jump in the air when a grenade goes off near them, or if they were pounded with the Para, OMG it would be so awesome and would outsell any other game. I must have it.

FFS.

UKchaos2 said:
Its a gameplay issue, not a bandwidth issue.

BF1942 and UT2004 have no problem with vehicles and Im sure Valve are quite capable of making their own, network friendly versions. I wouldnt be surprised if TF2 used vehicles.

The thing is, CS was never designed for vehicles. You need would need specially designed maps and gameplay modes for it to work.

You also have issues such as players joyriding, running down teammates, crashing/wreching their vehicle. This is less of an issue when you have vehicles respawning all the time, but in CS you would be limited to a couple per round at most. You lose those, your screwed.

thats got nothing to do with it, the question was why dont the cars move around and flop their doors around etc when shot like in the HL2 videos. This IS a bandwidth issue. Not a gameplay issue.

Cars would also affect gameplay too much if moved into areas to block. Valve wanted CS:S to be statis in the way of game-altering actions.

Frutkola said:
Btw. I'm sorry for my english-skills, i aint from the US, or the UK. ^^
:) sounds like you are from Mississippi or Alabama actually! I've never heard a non-US citizen use "ain't"....

:cheers:

Timech187

Back