Now what all you retail, case and manual fanbois?

What form of Hl2 will you be buying?`

• Am ah lettin' off steam, baby!

Votes: 71 45.5%
  • Am ah buy it in an offline store. From real people!

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • Am ah buy em all!

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Ah like cheese..

Votes: 27 17.3%

• Total voters
I'm buying the normal boxed version. I don't have a credit card and I don't think I'll get one just to get to play CS: S, or even Half-Life 2 as soon as possible. I just want to experience the HL2 singleplayer

Killa_TJH said:
What makes you think that your measly 50 bucks means anything to them...?
Maybe my measly 50 bucks doesn't, but I'm sure a few thousand or a few tens of thousands of measly 50 bucks will certainly make Vivendi sit up and take notice.

Besides, it's the principle of the thing.

its funny how people think of vivendi as greedy.in the meantime valve is milking a 6 years old mp mod.

Ah like cheese..

Because thats the only option i understood in your poll :/

it WILL matter if ppl buy it through steam it wil probably take between 40-25% of vugs income from the game and give it directly 2 valve..

piggy said:
it WILl matter if ppl buy it through steam it wil probably take between 40-25% of vugs income from the game and give it directly 2 valve..

I think you're greatly overestimating the number of people buying through Steam vs the number of people buying retail.

kaellinn18 said:
I think you're greatly overestimating the number of people buying through Steam vs the number of people buying retail.

i think he just means from ur individual sale.

gabe said somewhere they get 30% more money if u buy from Steam.

fragShader said:
i think he just means from ur individual sale.

gabe said somewhere they get 30% more money if u buy from Steam.

Then it's worded very poorly. If you buy through Steam, you are taking away 100% of VUG's money (for your individual sale), not 25%-40%, since I would expect they get none (or very little) for Steam.

retail

cuz I cant buy it on steam,I dont even hav steam

I am getting the CE from a gameshop.

and the Gold edition features for free from the Internet :p

I don't like cheese, well I do, but only on my pizza, between a burger or on my bread. So I guess I like cheese after all, darnit, evil cheese.

retail 'cause I don't have any credit card :( and nobody wants me to borrow theirs :( so it's the only way out for me, even if I badly want the gold over steam

Still got my retail standard edition pre-ordered. Won't be changing it :)

I'll probably purchase it through Steam. Although I will miss not having a box or a manual, it will undoubtedly be cheaper through Steam. Especially since I'm living in a country where the retail price is generally much more expensive. Plus, I'll get to play it right when it's released.

Well, I do love getting a nice glossy box in my grabby hands when a new game comes out, but if I have a small chance to stick it to the man (VUG in this case) then I'm going steam.

I finally broke down and installed it today. I started my pre-load and after two hours, I'm at 65 % complete. Not too shabby of a download rate I'd say (averaging around 768k to 1 MB a sec according to stats monitor).

I'm still bummed about the whole HL2 DM thing but CS:S will still be fun provided I can host lan games and kill co-workers :devil:

i was banking on the CE having the same or more contents as Steam's Gold package.. but apparently that isn't happening so that means i am more than likely to cancel my pre-order :|

I'll probably go for Gold through steam.

But do all these goodies also count for europe? I'm a bit confused here. (Do they send it globally?)

Gold version from Steam for sure :D

And to everyone wondering if Valve will be shipping the rest of the stuff that comes with Gold edition, of course they will. Unless they want to release secret firmware for peoples optical drives that convert them into matter transporters that is....

edit: Torre, yes i would imagine they will offer shipping to almost everywhere in the world. All they would need to do is have some stock in storage in major countries around the globe and ship from those sites to all the nearby regions. I very much doubt everything would be shipped from the US.

Ah, that would indeed be the most logical.

Most definately gold if so :)

wayne white said:
its funny how people think of vivendi as greedy.in the meantime valve is milking a 6 years old mp mod.
... And about 40 million of their own money as well as creating what may arguably be the best Single Player experience since HL1 while Vivendi did absolutely nothing but spend a little money for advertising and distribution that they will easily make back with retail sales.

I canceled my pre-order and I'm getting Steamed woo woo!

"Manual Fanbois" My god people make a fanboy out of anything now, someone says they like shoes, there a shoe fanboy!

Anyways, Im getting it on steam.

Back