npc ai trouble

gokumike

Reaction score
How would i make npc's from a spawn point move to a certain spot while under attack? making a beach invasion map and when the npcs spawn on the beach they just stand there and fire, I want them to move to a certain spot while being fired at, can't figure out what to do, help would be appreciated, thanks

Use the scripted_sequence entity. You can probably figure it out from there, but if you are still having trouble post.

actually, im having this problem too. i tried using the scripted_sequence and im pretty sure i did everything right but the npcs just dont move to the location...

You may be right. I was just recalling the way I did it in vh 3.4 but even I'm having problems getting it to work.

Tthe only thing I've found that forces NPC's to move is scripted squences. A few things you have to remember about them, first they still require ground hints or the NPC can't navigate. They need to be individually named and triggered or they seem to not fire when the player is not looking at them. Be careful of physics objects getting in the pathway that the NPC would take, for some reason I've had issues with the NPC not pushing it out of the way. Let's see, the NPC will actually run through and push the player if they get in the way.

I need help i need to now how to sent monsters (zombies...) I just dont know how!

I am having most trouble getting npc's from a npc_maker to move to a scripted sequence. they just stand there at there spawn spot firing or doing nothing. really frustrating becuase the next npc won't spawn until they get out of the spot. its really frustrating.

Back