Nuclear Dawn Teaser Trailer Released

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
The new developers of Nuclear Dawn, InterWave Studios have released their first trailer of their upcoming Source based commercial game.[br]
<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kZtLHUyeD0E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kZtLHUyeD0E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>​
With compelling RTS and FPS gameplay elements, Nuclear Dawn delivers tactical, class-based gameplay that will let players sneak around the ruins of mans greatest accomplishments with Stealth units, or just crush the rubble underfoot with the powerhouse Exo walking tank. Tomorrows generals will take the Commanders seat, and support their fellow players with outposts, defensive structures and fortresses to protect precious resource points.
More updates from InterWave in the near future. Find out more on the Nuclear Dawn website.

Horrible overuse of that glitchy effect between shots. And I second the genericness.

Edit: Although that could just be bad trailer editing. They don't seem to have shown any of the interesting aspects of the game, like the mechs or RTS aspects (at least not that I noticed). Perhaps those parts of the game aren't finished yet?

That was extremely uninteresting.

needs like 100 more people in game otherwise looks entirely boring

Yep. Generic. That glitchy camera thing bugged the hell out of me, so I'm not so sure about this... I'll try it anyway, though..

Can't speak to the game itself, but the trailer was pretty goddamn poorly made.

That was a pain in the ass to watch. Someone had a field day in After Effects making this and its irritating, the shaky cam is way overdone. I could look past this shortcoming if there was actually interesting gameplay or content demonstrated in the trailer, but all it seems to be is dudes walking around. 1/10

Even the crazy after effects work, couldn't disguise the janky and laggy running of the models. There is a tragedy to this I'm afraid and not in a good way, because I kind of want all mods to be awesome.... :|

It's never good when the better half of the trailer is mostly unrelated flying text.

Can't really say much about the game itself however.

doesnt look like anything special, just looks like a half life 2 mod.

Even the crazy after effects work, couldn't disguise the janky and laggy running of the models. There is a tragedy to this I'm afraid and not in a good way, because I kind of want all mods to be awesome.... :|

It's no longer a mod, it's a commercial game now. InterWave picked up the pieces left after the mod team essentially abandoned it/ground to a halt in production. I think there are some people on the Interwave team that were already ND devs but it's a totally different project now that shares only the same basic idea and name as the original mod, and some content. If you want to play this you're going to have to fork over some cash for it.

don't - disturb - crispy!

Trailer had no content plus was hard to watch. I think I'll just wait for NS2 if I want an rts/fps.

Agreed, NS2 for a RTS/FPS.

Trailer shows nothing whatsoever, just a shakey cam and not much action.

That trailer reminded me of Dawn of War... with the special effects and stuff I mean.

Where is Crispy now?

LAWL.

That's all I got to say.
Working in the industry on a £ multi-million game, quietly regretting how ND worked out but still having a ball. Where are you?

Still trolling forums I see. Oh......kaaaay.

Working in the industry on a £ multi-million game, quietly regretting how ND worked out but still having a ball. Where are you?

Still trolling forums I see. Oh......kaaaay.
Hey long time no see!

Linkedin says you are working at Splash Damage as a Production Tester, which is like a game tester right?

Since they are working on only one game for Autumn next year, I guess it's for the mirror's edge-like game, Brink?

http://www.splashdamage.com/brink

Damn it Crispy, the fact that you're still lurking means I still have to keep up my promise to you some day.

It's no longer a mod, it's a commercial game now. InterWave picked up the pieces left after the mod team essentially abandoned it/ground to a halt in production. I think there are some people on the Interwave team that were already ND devs but it's a totally different project now that shares only the same basic idea and name as the original mod, and some content. If you want to play this you're going to have to fork over some cash for it.
Oh, I was worried about hurting some developer's feelings, but if it's a commercial title...

This looks very generic. Why would I spend money on something like this? I mean, if you're beating the same dead horse you could at least polish the beating stick a little.

Back