Nvidea/ATI and now alienware

kickass2009

Reaction score
Nvidia/ATI and now alienware

Alienware announced today that it will be demonstrating a a top secret PC graphics technology with multiple patents pending, behind closed doors in Kentia Hall, Booth 7628 at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, May 12-14 in Los Angeles, CA. The company isn't divulging anything further about the technology, save that it hopes this technology will expand its presence in the game industry and as a technology leader.

What your guys opinion i just found this on gamespy and it came as a complete suprise to me.

well, it's not a videocard, don't know why the topic compares alienware to ati/nvidia.....

It's a computer thats actually worth the money instead of overpriced hashjob. A new concept for Alienware...

lmao, I saw a thing about it (didn't say more thna that) in pcgamer....... myguess: a light fanless case (unlike voodoo's) that has some super-auto-overclocker in it. sorta like tyhe feature on ATi's XT cards, but for ram/processors

Fenric said:
It's a computer thats actually worth the money instead of overpriced hashjob. A new concept for Alienware...

*Prays*

My god, I customized a comp on alienware.com once; 14,000 USD. omg. They have the most overpriced shit. It's not even funny.

[To Xstasy0]

How do you know it's not a video card?

Death.Trap said:
*Prays*

My god, I customized a comp on alienware.com once; 14,000 USD. omg. They have the most overpriced shit. It's not even funny.

[To Xstasy0]

How do you know it's not a video card?

well i wish i had some super duper source to quote, but sadly all i have to go on is common sense.

alienware doesnt manufacture components, they build systems, there is no way they magically produced a videocard without letting anyone know before now.

Heh, I don't want some program overclocking my video card or my CPU. I'll do that myself. Hehe

I was reading through the new issue of pc gamer and there was some more information about whatever it is that alienware is doing. Here is exactly what is says in the magazine.

At this year's e3, Alienware will anounce an exclusive advancement in pc technology, which it promises will significantly improve performance in games and graphics-intensive applications. The company projections indicate an amazing 50- to 70- percent performance gain over existing high end PCs. Alienwares exclusive new technology will be offered in a new "ALX" line of higly customized, limited-production, high-performance systems.

Im assuming that they mean 50-70% increase over the ATI 9600 and higher or the Nvidia 5800 or higher, not the card just released in the last couple weeks.

I also heard somewhere that Nvidia has about 2000 chips that are used in its geforce 5's that can be clocked a lot higher then was originally intended. Is it possible that alienware is using those and just clocking them a lot higher then rates spec. This would explain why pc gamer said that the systems would be limited production.

Xtasy0 said:
well i wish i had some super duper source to quote, but sadly all i have to go on is common sense.

alienware doesnt manufacture components, they build systems, there is no way they magically produced a videocard without letting anyone know before now.

Why would they have to tell anyone? I'm not saying that it is a video card, but whatever it is, it's aimed towards gamers. The most likely thing I can think of would be a vid card. We'll probably find out after e3 though. But, chances are it will cost about 400 dollars more than it's worth.

Back